By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Cyberpunk beat Skyrim sales?

Skyrim vs Cyberpunk

Yes, but will take more time 9 13.24%

Yes, in less time 6 8.82%

Never 53 77.94%

Total:68
aircanada83 said:

The real question is: will Cyberpunk 2077 be the most successfull entertainment launch ever ?

Except we know the answer is no. GTA V will keep this record until GTA VI.

I don't believe cyberpunk will sell more than 30m copies. I think it will be less universally praised than Witcher 3, some will feel there are problems with it.

Around the Network

So you're saying that Cyberpunk has no chance selling around 11,2 mln units in 24h / 13,75 mln in 72 h like GTA V ? Interesting point of view...

Itll beat its 2020 sales record around 2027 but by then Skyrim would’ve sold additional 15M+ To their life-time sales

Todd howard will keep selling it even if hes with Microsoft

Please wait 1 week, you should see Cyberpunk day one sales of 10+ million units. I can guarantee you it's already well above 5 million and should be still accelerating.

I wouldn't think it would, but at the same time we're comparing nearly a decade's worth of sales from a game released back in 2011, as well as a far bigger combo of platforms Skyrim has been sold on. Cyberpunk is only being sold on a total of 5 platforms, while Skyrim has been on more than 5.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Very much doubt it. Cyperpunk (to me, dont shoot me) actually looks fairly niche, kinda reminds of Deus Ex or something. Which didnt exactly set the world on fire. Even the Witcher 3 sales arent astronomical. Also I haven't heard a single person talk about it, either in person or on my social media, whick I know doesn't mean anything, but games like COd, Fifia, Assassins creed, TLOU2 etc people would mention them on my feeds, there would be people at work doscussing buying them, heard nothing on Cyperpunk.

I doubt that CB2077 will be ported to as many platforms as the Skyrim was, therefore no.

I think it can become a hit, Skyrim is ancient and sales are looking good for late/cross gen releases.

I think it will. The witcher 3 has sold around 30 million and it is on fewer platforms than skyrim. CDPR reputation has skyrocketed since then, cyberpunk has so much hype around it (Keane Reeves) so the popularity has blown up as well.

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

I think it will. The witcher 3 has sold around 30 million and it is on fewer platforms than skyrim. CDPR reputation has skyrocketed since then, cyberpunk has so much hype around it (Keane Reeves) so the popularity has blown up as well.

The witcher 3 had great word of mouth, I doubt the same will happen with Cyberpunk. It has been hyped up so much it will disappoint many people, creating negative word of mouth. Sci-fi is also far less popular than high fantasy.

CDPRs reputation is not as good anymore as it was when W3 released. The last minute delays, going back on crunch etc have hurt their reputation. Multiplayer isn't coming till much later, same with next-gen optimizations. I also expect it to be quite buggy on release and not running very well on the base consoles. The witcher 3 has issues at release as well yet the hype for that came later. Cyberpunk has to deliver right from the start, which it likely won't. I think Cyberpunk sales are going to be very front loaded.