By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Cyberpunk beat Skyrim sales?

Skyrim vs Cyberpunk

Yes, but will take more time 9 13.24%

Yes, in less time 6 8.82%

Never 53 77.94%

Total:68

Skyrim is the most successful single-player RPG ever made, selling over 30 million copies among all platforms. Can Cyberpunk 2077 reach/beat its mark?

Around the Network

Too early to tell. We don't know if Cyberpunk will be as re-released as Skyrim has been.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Too early to tell. We don't know if Cyberpunk will be as re-released as Skyrim has been.

It is already prepared to run on next gen systems. Basically a cross-gen game.

CuCabeludo said:
Darwinianevolution said:

It is already prepared to run on next gen systems. Basically a cross-gen game.

And Skyrim has been released in six platforms, plus the ones with the extra HD version, plus the ones we'll see in the future systems (because they will port it, no doubt about it). So, once again, too early to tell.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Once Cyberpunk has been released on all platforms (and fridges) available to human kind, maybe.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:

Once Cyberpunk has been released on all platforms (and fridges) available to human kind, maybe.

In an intervew at E3 one producer said Cyberpunk is already made to run on next gen systems, no need to buy a port to play on PS5/scarlett. the current version is already prepared to run on them, maybe there will be some free patch in order to make it take full advantage of next gen hardwares, but I believe it is already build to support next gen systems from the ground.

Different from skyrim, which had to be re-made in order to run on PS4/XONE due to harware imcompatibilities. Thus a new version for PS4XONE needed to be bought.

Probably not.

Darwinianevolution said:
Too early to tell

That's why it's called a prediction :)

No, cyberpunk isn't that popular.

Is there any chance for a VR version though I should wait for? Skyrim was awesome in VR, yet I had already played the whole game before. I guess I'll wait for a next gen version anyway, worked out well with GTA 5.

No way in hell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.