By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Cyberpunk beat Skyrim sales?

Skyrim vs Cyberpunk

Yes, but will take more time 9 13.24%

Yes, in less time 6 8.82%

Never 53 77.94%

Total:68

Unless it get released for 100 different platforms like Skyrim, nah.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

The witcher 3 had great word of mouth, I doubt the same will happen with Cyberpunk. It has been hyped up so much it will disappoint many people, creating negative word of mouth. Sci-fi is also far less popular than high fantasy.

CDPRs reputation is not as good anymore as it was when W3 released. The last minute delays, going back on crunch etc have hurt their reputation. Multiplayer isn't coming till much later, same with next-gen optimizations. I also expect it to be quite buggy on release and not running very well on the base consoles. The witcher 3 has issues at release as well yet the hype for that came later. Cyberpunk has to deliver right from the start, which it likely won't. I think Cyberpunk sales are going to be very front loaded.

You don't wanna check out the CP2077 thread on Era either. Let's just say it's actually killed some of my own personal hype for stuff not in the game that RPG's like Skyrim/Fallout and MMO's tend to offer on the fly.

Last edited by Chazore - on 04 December 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Bethesda have been lazy AF. Even if it don't, CDPR have proven to be better than Bethesda and probably are leagues ahead now. Real question is, will Bethesda's next game match what CDPR and others have achieved success they last tried to make a new game (FO4 was less a sequel than more of the same).

Machina said:

8 million copies were pre-ordered - https://www.vgchartz.com/article/446635/cyberpunk-2077-had-8-million-pre-orders/

That's insane for what's essentially a new IP. I haven't been following sales trends at all in a long time so I can't really speak about legs, but beating Skyrim does seem possible - and I was a doubter mere days ago. What I personally found really surprising though was the split between PC and console pre-orders, with PC beating consoles by a fairly comfortable margin.

Nope, believe consoles sales will tank.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:

Bethesda have been lazy AF. Even if it don't, CDPR have proven to be better than Bethesda and probably are leagues ahead now. Real question is, will Bethesda's next game match what CDPR and others have achieved success they last tried to make a new game (FO4 was less a sequel than more of the same).

CDPR is indeed ahead now in releasing broken buggy games :p

Five years from now, the RTX3080 will remain high price.
So no.

PC sales might remain good but console version sales plummeted.
So who knows.

SvennoJ said:
Fei-Hung said:

This really came back to bite me in the ass lol I actually bought the game at launch and still haven't cracked open the seal yet. Waiting for next gen update which might not even come until spring / summer.

Fei-Hung said:
SvennoJ said:

This really came back to bite me in the ass lol I actually bought the game at launch and still haven't cracked open the seal yet. Waiting for next gen update which might not even come until spring / summer.

Yep, PS5 might even show up in a store around here first! This gen sure has a sucky start.

Januari and Februari are already reserved to improve the existing code, stability, finish more of the game, get it running on base consoles. Which will likely take much longer than end of Februari. It depends on how much CDPR is going to finish the game before making a proper version for ps5 / xsx. The window to get it back on PSN with decent returns gets smaller over time so I guess that has the priority.

End of this year might have a decent this-gen version out.