By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google Stadia conference with pricing, games, and release details set for June 6th at Noon EST/ 9 AM PST

Ok, will we see some big exclusives for the service, or will they limit themselves to smaller projects and 3rd party software? Will they announce their own gaming studios making stuff for the service?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I'm always down for E3 starting a few days early. Hope we see some new games announced.

In two days Pokemon, than in three days the next chapter for Destiny and google stadia...And friday the big sales for Xbox/PS start good times :).

If sony can get 700K uses on PS Now, what can google get knowing they can pull a much more robust infrastructure than Sony currently.

It seems that E3 is starting a little earlier this year.Instead of it starting at the 8th of June, it seems that Google will kickstart it.

Personally Im not really excited about it.Not only Stadia wont play as well as it should, being a cloud based console and all, but also it wont be nearly as big as a sucess google hopes it to be.

I will get pissed if Google somehow buys out and makes exclusive a game from a franchise I like though.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

One thing that I think will bury any hype for Stadia, outside of it being a cloud based console and all, is that they will announce the price, whcih will probably be somewhere betwenn 100 to 200 dollars, AND then announced an OBLIGATORY subscription to the console that it will be more expensive than it has any right to be.Think 60 to 80 dollars a year, easily.And if you stop paying it, Stadia will turn into a glorified overpriced brick.

Oh, and that wont stop companies to being able to charge you for microtransactions.Oh no.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Eager to see what their studio is cooking up. I would hope it leverages their network to create experiences that weren't possible before.

1st new competitor in nearly 20 years, and 4th big gaming force on the market. This will be big, can't wait to find out. But the real question is : exclusives or not?

It will go they way of OnLive...

Nautilus said:
One thing that I think will bury any hype for Stadia, outside of it being a cloud based console and all, is that they will announce the price, whcih will probably be somewhere betwenn 100 to 200 dollars, AND then announced an OBLIGATORY subscription to the console that it will be more expensive than it has any right to be.Think 60 to 80 dollars a year, easily.And if you stop paying it, Stadia will turn into a glorified overpriced brick.

Oh, and that wont stop companies to being able to charge you for microtransactions.Oh no.

You seem to have a weird misunderstanding of what Stadia is. There is no "console" you have to buy to gain access (and "Stadia" is a _platform_, not a console), the controller is entirely optional aswell. Btw 60-80 dollars is "overpriced" for a 4k60 streaming access to atleast several PC AAA lvl games for a year? Gold/PS+ nearly costs that much for online gaming +24-ish games and you need to have the console hw.