By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Direct - June 5th 2019 @6am PT/9am EST/2pm BST/10pm JST

This indicates Animal Crossing may become the main feature for E3.

Around the Network

More time for AC, LM3, and hopefully a bunch of games I'm not expecting for E3!

I will concur with and restate what others here have said:

this could be very good news for Nintendo's E3 Direct, or very likely not such great news for all of us having to hear the same story twice.

I am really hoping for the former. Certainly the info dump that we got on Mario Maker 2 would have really helped to fill about 2-3 minutes, and I'm assuming that Pokemon will be the same. If there are 4-6 minutes of awkward filler and mediocre reveals I would much rather they have swapped those portions. But if it's just an amazing Direct and they've moved those games out of the way to make room for some cool third party titles or first party titles then Nintendo are really hitting on all cylinders this year.

It somehow makes Nintendo's E3 that much more relevant, especially in terms of PR strategy.

Oh...and regarding the Pokemon stuff so I'm not completely off topic in this thread:

I've never played a Pokemon game before and maybe this Direct will do for me what the Mario Maker Direct did for many others, which is to get them hyped when at first they were "meh." I don't really hold out hope for that happening and it would have to be a pretty stellar Direct since the reveal certainly didn't get me that excited. Mostly I'm afraid anyway that once Animal Crossing releases the only thing that could pull me away would be Metroid in some form.

Wow! So we get a Pokemon Direct THEN the world championship tournament for Splatoon and Smash then Nintendo E3!

There is also the Super Mario Maker 2 thing but I dont know much about it.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hopefully the game looks more interesting this time.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Wow! So we get a Pokemon Direct THEN the world championship tournament for Splatoon and Smash then Nintendo E3!

There is also the Super Mario Maker 2 thing but I dont know much about it.

Don't forget Treehouse after E3 and I think they always make random announcements during that too!

Nice hopefully this clears out most time at E3 spent on Pokemon and pave way for hopefully a few surprise end of year games. Be nice for another Mario Golf but not as DLC driven as last one on 3DS. Tennis got so much free support be a shame if Golf was all paid. I can understand courses being paid but they should throw a few characters in for free.

Very first time E3 isn't during my exams, and then they do this!

At E3 Nintendo's either going to announce and show a shit ton of games or talk the shit out of a single game they plan to sell a shitload of during holiday season, since Pokemon and Super Mario Maker 2 will be out of the way by then.

Well, at least this means less filler for the E3 presentation, and more room for new announcements. I hope we see old features returning, it's been too long since a pokemon game was as content packed as HG/SS.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.