By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Direct - June 5th 2019 @6am PT/9am EST/2pm BST/10pm JST

Last edited by Green098 - on 05 June 2019

Around the Network

A "Pokémon Business Strategy presentation" will also be broadcast live at 01:00 UTC on May 29th.

Will "cover multiple topics of interest to Pokémon fans"

Last edited by Green098 - on 27 May 2019

That's less than a week before E3's Direct!
I guess there will be more time for other games to show on June 11?
If they talk a lot about Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon on June 11 I just don't get Nintendo's communication strategy.
I'm already having a hard time understading it right now.

That's a long wait. I hope the press conference tomorrow is interesting

Should be fun. I have friends whove been dying to hear this just to change the POkemon community focus off the SM anime.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network
Supermario28 said:
If they talk a lot about Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon on June 11 I just don't get Nintendo's communication strategy.

People stated before that new pokemons get announced early in the year and then some news later on in May, well this time it is June. It would be unusual to be at E3.

I knew it! I was sure, they would want their big reveal outside of E3 proper. Isn't the first time they do this, after all.

Wow the direct is only a few days before E3.

CaptainExplosion said:
This leaves more room in the E3 direct for other games, and two directs in one month! :D

I think Sword and Shield will have a brief showing in the E3 Direct like Let’s Go did last year and then have a good presence at the Treehouse. People should not assume just because a Pokemon direct is close to E3, means no Pokemon in the E3 direct.

mZuzek said:
Supermario28 said:

This isn't down to Nintendo's strategy though, this is down to the Pokémon Company's strategy, it's their decision to showcase their game a week before E3 and it's a decision they've been taking time and time again in recent years. That's not to say I understand it, because it is nonsense, but I'm used to it at this point. I'm sure Nintendo would rather have that info at E3 as well.

Even if it is nonsense, it’s been working out pretty well for Pokemon. :P