By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 4 doesn't have motion controls on Switch

Shiken said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Once again, no retail release in Europe.

Well fk.

At least it is easily imported.  I never understood why only one region would not get a physical release.  I had to get FFX imported just because I wanted both games on the card.

For some reason is always Europe, which I still don't get. Digital only offers more profits for each copy sold at the cost of selling overall less, but considering Europe is a rather big market, and their games almost always already have a Switch tax (retail release or not), it makes the company look incredibly greedy and anti-consumer just ignoring releasing physically there. Importing the game from elsewhere still gives them money, so they don't have to change their plans.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

JSG87 said:
Hang on how does Capcom not adding Motion controls make them lazy or a bad developer? I understand they haven't been the best developer on Switch but how does this specific game make them lazy?

I wouldn't exactly call them lazy or anything. It's just that these games were $20 on more capable systems on day one. They've been on sale since, of course. Not only that, the retail version of RE4 for the Wii was just $30 at launch back in 2007 and it had optional motion controls.

They're charging $10 more for a 2004 game with less content.

I just did a replay of RE4-RE7 and both Revelation games in 2018. I really enjoyed all of them but I admit RE6 was a chore at times. RE4's regular controls took some getting used to but they kinda suck.

Shikamo said:

Well, looks like a another lazy port made by Capcom for Switch..

IR motion controls is what made this A- PS2 era game an A+ game on Wii. In 2019, I am not sure if I’d be able to tolerate old fashioned controls for this game when the switch is capable of better. I won’t touch this thing, it’s not worth my time let alone my money.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Shikamo said:

Well, looks like a another lazy port made by Capcom for Switch..

IR motion controls is what made this A- PS2 era game an A+ game on Wii. In 2019, I am not sure if I’d be able to tolerate old fashioned controls for this game when the switch is capable of better. I won’t touch this thing, it’s not worth my time let alone my money.

Thing is, I replayed RE4 on Xbox One last year. I eventually got used to it but the controls were horrendous. It was made at a time when people were still figuring out how to use the right stick. The right stick was used to look around but you couldn't use it to aim at all. And the sensitivity was crazy! You had to use the left stick for everything and you had to choose a button to make you aim. My mind just refused to accept this configuration for hours.

The motion controls remedied all of this. I'm pretty sure the Switch controls are just as bad. If it had Wii controls I'd have bought it but in its current state (and price), nah.

Good, motion controls are trash anyway.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah, just like all VR things that involve motion controls

HoangNhatAnh said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Indeed, you are correct. 

NobleTeam360 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Indeed, you are correct. 

Heh, VR is really trash

mZuzek said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah, thank god they don't give dumbasses who like them the option to use them. It's like those kids wanting dumbed down easy difficulties in their games, how the fuck am I supposed to enjoy a game knowing other people can opt to play it differently?

Yeah, you're absolutely right. *giant middle finger to motion controls* I take so much happiness from others not having the option to play how they want. Makes me tingle inside. 

d21lewis said:

Jumpin said:

Thing is, I replayed RE4 on Xbox One last year. I eventually got used to it but the controls were horrendous. It was made at a time when people were still figuring out how to use the right stick. The right stick was used to look around but you couldn't use it to aim at all. And the sensitivity was crazy! You had to use the left stick for everything and you had to choose a button to make you aim. My mind just refused to accept this configuration for hours.

The motion controls remedied all of this. I'm pretty sure the Switch controls are just as bad. If it had Wii controls I'd have bought it but in its current state (and price), nah.

That’s exactly the thing. The IR not only made the game much more playable back then, but replaced an otherwise mundane interface with one that’s a lot of fun to play.

Leaving out a key improvement feature, such as any kind of replacement for IR aiming (I think Switch can do something similar with the cameras) prevents proper access to the content. I suspect if they’re too lazy to put in proper motion aiming that they’re likely not fixing the primitive analog controls either.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.