By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ukraine TV President and Comedian Becomes Ukraines Actual President

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/21/18507822/volodymyr-zelensky-ukraine-president-comedian

Volodymyr Zelensky is a comedian/actor who played the role of President in a popular Ukraine comedy show and he just won an election to become Ukraine's next President. He won with 73% of the vote and the main way he campaigned was by going around the country performing comedy skits and posting on social media.

This is lowkey crazy and i'm curious to hear what people from Ukraine think on the site if there's anyone here from Ukraine.

Around the Network

we live in a society

No surprise given the polls and it shows how massively hated are the other politicians. If Selenskiy will be better in the long run is something we will see later.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

He plays a school teacher who becomes the countries leader, like in Canada, then actually becomes his countries leader? I can't help but laugh. I hope for Ukraine's sake the school teacher thing was truly a joke, because it don't work out so well in real life. Guess we'll see how it works out with comedians now lol. Hopefully decent because we've got a lot of good one's here to choose from.

EricHiggin said:

He plays a school teacher who becomes the countries leader, like in Canada, then actually becomes his countries leader? I can't help but laugh. I hope for Ukraine's sake the school teacher thing was truly a joke, because it don't work out so well in real life. Guess we'll see how it works out with comedians now lol. Hopefully decent because we've got a lot of good one's here to choose from.

Well, the US already had a movie actor in the past and now a reality TV star. And it works... eh... something?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Well, wont judge the guy on his profession and without living in the country.(basically without really knowing him)

But I think thats just a reflection of society in general being sick of the ''tradicional'' politician and the ones that are politically correct.Its been happening all over the world.

Last edited by Nautilus - on 21 April 2019

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Mnementh said:
EricHiggin said:

Well, the US already had a movie actor in the past and now a reality TV star. And it works... eh... something?

Well an actor and union leader with a minor political background, and a billion dollar businessman who also happened to be a reality TV star partially because of that. Now our ski instructor and teacher has a political family background but it hasn't exactly served him well. Maybe that's his problem. He's still to heavily tied and influenced by old politics possibly. There's no saying it won't work, I just hope the teacher becoming President show may very well be loosely based on the joke that is our leader. As long as he really thinks that, it would be a good thing for Ukraine. That guy is going to have a tonne of 'fun' with the western left if he uses social media like Trump does.

Ka-pi96 said:
How is that any different from trump becoming president?

Well I suppose it's different in that there's a lot less racist rhetoric involved, but still the origins of the two are close enough.

Actually it would be the same if Alec Baldwin or the guy from president's show becomes the next president.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Still not as crazy as Trump becoming president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

jason1637 said:

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/21/18507822/volodymyr-zelensky-ukraine-president-comedian

Volodymyr Zelensky is a comedian/actor who played the role of President in a popular Ukraine comedy show and he just won an election to become Ukraine's next President. He won with 73% of the vote and the main way he campaigned was by going around the country performing comedy skits and posting on social media.

This is lowkey crazy and i'm curious to hear what people from Ukraine think on the site if there's anyone here from Ukraine.

From the words of one one Ukrainian girl I spoke to, it is somewhat an act of desperation for Ukrainian people. They just don't want the current people in power to be around president's chair anymore.