By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to crack down on sexually explicit games |Update: Specifically Japanese games containing underage characters

Does anyone genuinely believe these kinds of actions will make rapists and CP viewers think twice before committing crimes? Or is the motive just PR? I think the correct response is to add more guys like skivvy Link or sneaking suit Snake and sprinkle in some shotas too. Problem solved, everyone is sexualized equally!

Around the Network

I fail to see whats bad about this.

foodfather said:
I fail to see whats bad about this.

Just misogynists complaining that they can’t be misogynist in peace.  

Well, if it's underage girls they're going after, not so bad. Still, for some reason, a butt had to be censored in Devil May Cry 5.

Im all for freedom of speech and creative freedom, im mostly amongst the defenders of those two but there is still a limit. For freedom of speech that limit is when it crosses into plain hate speech that has a purpose to invoke harm onto others and for creative freedom i would say the limit is crossed when it moves into sexualising underage women(in this case).

Around the Network

Hiku said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

A "mistake" that only on Western ver (AU/EU) of PS4 is somehow ridiculous

??
The mistake would be the implementation of the lense flare effect. Not the removal of it.
The reason it has not yet been removed from EU/AU is possibly due to the process of getting the patch approved in multiple different countries with different laws and regulations. That can take time.

You think that not only did Sony ask Capcom to censor an extra butt when Capcom were coincidentally already planning on censoring one. But Sony then backtracked on this for the first time due to backlash, but then didn't do it in Europe?

And how does the fact that the patch hasn't been implemented in Europe yet mean that this is all Sony's doing?
What is your reasoning behind that?

Then why that scene was censored on ps4 only? And then a lot people complained and only US PS4 ver was removed, wow, facepalm. 

Europe is Sony land, majority of PS fans there will eat anything from Sony and ps4 while in US, Sony have to compete with Xbox and partly Nintendo

HoangNhatAnh said:

Hiku said:

??
The mistake would be the implementation of the lense flare effect. Not the removal of it.
The reason it has not yet been removed from EU/AU is possibly due to the process of getting the patch approved in multiple different countries with different laws and regulations. That can take time.

You think that not only did Sony ask Capcom to censor an extra butt when Capcom were coincidentally already planning on censoring one. But Sony then backtracked on this for the first time due to backlash, but then didn't do it in Europe?

And how does the fact that the patch hasn't been implemented in Europe yet mean that this is all Sony's doing?
What is your reasoning behind that?

Then why that scene was censored on ps4 only? And then a lot people complained and only US PS4 ver was removed, wow, facepalm. 

Europe is Sony land, majority of PS fans there will eat anything from Sony and ps4 while in US, Sony have to compete with Xbox and partly Nintendo

Does Sony deserve all the negative focus because they just had 1 more thing censored compared to the others?

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 19 April 2019

o_O.Q said:
Ganoncrotch said:

A neckbeard is a derogatory term for a gamer, it's a negative term used by people who do not participate in the media being discussed in an attempt to make the enjoyers of said media appear to be unkept and not clean shaven.

This whole thing is the same as 5 years ago when it initially blew up badly, you have people who have never and will never buy games trying to dictate what they should play like for those who do play them, I think of it like me and the Twilight series of movies, they depict violence and abuse against the female protagonist and I don't get why they exist or have the fandom, but there is a large audience of bean flickers who love the way Edward keeps his lady in check so the movies made a ton of cash. Good on the studio imo for creating a product that sells and people wanted, regardless of the content, there was a demand and the studio fulfilled it. That's how consumerism works.

ah ok fair enough, sounds like when "virgin" gets thrown around to silence opposition to some of the cancerous elements of ideologies like feminism

aye pretty much, it's like the person saying their point wants to appear level headed but starts a convo off with an attempt at a low blow, same as suggesting someone with a different political view as you would have to be a snowflake. Sad name calling and nothing more, when I see someone having to resort to it to prove a point I normally just tune out because the point couldn't stand up on its own without the jab.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ArchangelMadzz said:
That's a very important update.

This entire thread is an example of our age of outrage before facts.

No one should have a problem with this.

appreciate you letting us know what we can and cannot raise our concerns over the entertainment we are fans over.

I hope you're aware of using "this entire thread" and then adding this post to the thread.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

So my question to those sticking up for the censorship is this.

If covering a butt or censoring underage girls is the right thing to do, than should we just not allow devs to make those games in the first place?

Whats the point of only censoring 1 out of 5 versions of a game? You dont think the child will simply get the Game on something else like Steam which has no morals when it comes to releasing games.

Honestly i think its rather stupid to censor a game. Whats the difference with a show like Sailor Moon which is available to everyone and thats about 14 year old girls over sexualized in mini skirts and mature adult bodies.. oh lets not forget the semi nude scenes of there transformations and all the upskirts in the entire show.
Did Sailor Moon harm any kids growing up?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 19 April 2019