By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2019 NBA Postseason: The Toronto Raptors are NBA Champions!

Credit to the Raptors, who definitely proved themselves to be much better than I honestly thought they were. At the same time, even though I went into this season really hoping to see the Warriors dethroned, I can't help but be rather disappointed about how it all unfolded. It just feels anti-climactic.

Around the Network

And there you have it, your 2019 NBA Champions: The Toronto Raptors.

Finals MVP: Most likely Kawhi Leonard.

RAPTORS BABY!!!

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Curry with a clean look wasnt even close to making that shot. Hes 0-8 on go ahead this playoffs yet some people would take curry over jordan.

You gotta give all the credit in the world to the Golden State Warriors for fighting until the very end, despite being hobbled, battered, and injured, but is just too much to overcome against this hungry, lethal, Toronto Raptors team, who showed the heart, grit, and grind of a champion.

Around the Network

That is GAME! Congrats RAPS!

Damn dude that game was crazy. Sucks what happened to Klay but ggs Toronto.

Pinkie_pie said:
Curry with a clean look wasnt even close to making that shot. Hes 0-8 on go ahead this playoffs yet some people would take curry over jordan.

LeBron would have made that shot XD.

jason1637 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

LeBron would have made that shot XD.

With an open look like that he would. Curry is like 70-80% with open threes but when hes under pressure he doesnt make them

Nuvendil said:

Well regardless, it's all over, the Raptors are the champs! The twist ending to the season no one saw coming when it started or even when the playoffs started. Warriors were battered but Toronto also stepped up big time. It's a well deserved championship. This off season should be interesting though.

I think Kawhi is leaving for L.A. now more than ever. If the Raptors had lost this series, I think that would have convinced him to stay because he and his teammates would have had a huge chip on their shoulder to try and come back and do it again. But the fact that they did it, I can see him thinking, "I got this city a championship, so I'm good." And he goes to play for the Clippers. 

Klay Thompson's not going anywhere. Kevin Durant has a player option for next season, and given what just happened and the circumstances he's in now, I think he should take it, because if he tries to enter free agency fresh off a ruptured Achilles tendon, it's not gonna go well for him.