By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2019 NBA Postseason: The Toronto Raptors are NBA Champions!

These refs….fuck me are they shit

Around the Network

Regardless of the outcome, Game 6 will be the very last game ever played at Oracle Arena.

Happy that warriors won. We have more games to look forward to. Raptors should still win it because durant wont be back

Ugh! How disappointing.

Kevin Durant was spotted leaving Game 5 in crutches and a boot.
Now THAT looks like a torn Achilles.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/kevin-durant-injury-game-5-crutches-boot-update-video-reaction-warriors-raptors

Well, he should get respect for trying to come back and help his team win, but it looks like his body had different plans. And if it really is his Achilles like I believe, that would be absolutely devastating to him.

Around the Network

On the Durant injury, I'd just like to say, as someone who doesn't particularly like him, the Toronto crowd was disgusting. They cheered the fuck out of him going down, and then tried to make up for it after by applauding and chanting his name as if they weren't deliriously gleeful moments earlier. It was pretty shameful.

PAOerfulone said:
Kevin Durant was spotted leaving Game 5 in crutches and a boot.
Now THAT looks like a torn Achilles.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/kevin-durant-injury-game-5-crutches-boot-update-video-reaction-warriors-raptors

Well, he should get respect for trying to come back and help his team win, but it looks like his body had different plans. And if it really is his Achilles like I believe, that would be absolutely devastating to him.

Its devastating indeed. I felt like he shouldnt be dribbling the ball to get to the basket. He should have just catch and shoot the whole game and no one can stop him because of his size and length 

That's a shocking win. Honestly did not see that coming.

I'm conflicted. I don't want the raptors to win because I have zero respect for them after their mental collapse against Lebron James last year. And I don't care for the Warriors getting a 3-peat.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

I'm conflicted. I don't want the raptors to win because I have zero respect for them after their mental collapse against Lebron James last year. And I don't care for the Warriors getting a 3-peat.

This Raptors team is very different from the one last year.

Different coach, different role players, and more importanly, a different star player.
Nick Nurse is a strong candidate for Coach of the Year.
Marc Gasol is an upgrade from Jonas Valanciunas, Danny Green is a solid 2-way player with championship experience, and they went from their best player being Demar Derozan, who was a top 20, maybe top 15 player, to their best player being Kawhi Leonard, who you can make a very good case for being the best player on the planet. 

I'd go as far as to say that if LeBron James was still in the East, playing for the Cavs, the Raptors, with the changes and upgrades they clearly made, would have still made it to the NBA Finals.

PAOerfulone said:
hatmoza said:

This Raptors team is very different from the one last year.

Different coach, different role players, and more importanly, a different star player.
Nick Nurse is a strong candidate for Coach of the Year.
Marc Gasol is an upgrade from Jonas Valanciunas, Danny Green is a solid 2-way player with championship experience, and they went from their best player being Demar Derozan, who was a top 20, maybe top 15 player, to their best player being Kawhi Leonard, who you can make a very good case for being the best player on the planet. 

I'd go as far as to say that if LeBron James was still in the East, playing for the Cavs, the Raptors, with the changes and upgrades they clearly made, would have still made it to the NBA Finals.

This version of the Raptors would easily beat the James Cavs from last year.