By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you say to judgmental people that say Superhero films are for kids ?

Superhero movies are for the adventurous child in all of us that died on me when I walked into that room with mom and dad having sex.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Superhero movies are for the adventurous child in all of us that died on me when I walked into that room with mom and dad having sex.

Better than your dad and uncle. Probably. I guess it depends.

Happened to me when I was 10. It's why I kick pigeons.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

[see above: I can see why no one can follow that.... ;l ]

'I don't know you anymore. Anakin, you're breaking my heart.'

[followed by pulls out light sabre, and dual to the death of course, or whomever loses limbs first...]

Video games are for kids
Cartoons are for kids
Animated movies are for kids
Super Hero movies (bar deadpool..... and the pegging) are for kids
Chocolate cake is for kids.....

I'll be honest given the things that are for adults such as smoking, alcohol, drug use...... (excluding sex because I can never get enough of that) but yeah the adult specific vices are all pretty shit in comparison to ones which are "for kids"

As for what I say to people who would argue a point like this towards me? Absolutely nothing really, I've no interest in changing the mind of someone who has already solidified it with stupid bias against someone who enjoys life, as a lifetime fan of gaming, movies, animated shows, cgi films, WWE and chocolate cake.... I have long since given up on caring that people who spend a portion of their lives looking for an area far enough away from work so they can poison themselves with smokes thinks of my pass times.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Nothing...because they're entitled to their opinion. Don't spend precious time trying to convince people to respect something or rethink something. I find it's just a waste of time.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Honestly, when I come across people like that I simply just... don't care. They like what they like, I like what I like.

This.

Also I feel if people are going to be this judgemental over movie taste, then they have a deeper issue than I can help them with.  Generally if people get upset about something this trivial then it is really a symptom of something else.

I say nothing.... Cuz I don't waste my time talking to those people.

In this day and age, who still thinks/says that?

Agree with John then immediately change the topic to your favorite cereal...