By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you say to judgmental people that say Superhero films are for kids ?

Feel bad for them since they've lost their creativity and inner child, then probably not talk to them much more because they have chosen to close themselves off and be judgmental, confrontative, and boring. 

Those who are open minded enough to embrace new elements of each generation are the ones who will keep up. Those people who say that stuff are the ones who are not going to function with new tech and other culture changes later in life. Kinda like how older people don't know how to use cellphones, computers, streaming services, social media apps, etc.

Last edited by zygote - on 11 April 2019

Around the Network

Honestly, I don't care what they think.

Shiken said:
Machiavellian said:
Superhero movies are for kids. The kid side of me love those types of movies when done right. Nothing bad about enjoying the childish side of your persona. Just like any genre though, the concepts can be as basic or as complex as the writer and directors want.

Deadpool

Deadpool is a comedy not a superhero movie.  Also he would be considered an Antihero.

Machiavellian said:
Shiken said:

Deadpool

Deadpool is a comedy not a superhero movie.  Also he would be considered an Antihero.

Where are you going with those goal posts?

Deadpool is from the same Marvel comic universe as any of their other heros.  Antihero or not, my point stands.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

LivingMetal said:
0D0 said:
Except hunting, all entertainment is for kids.

Seriously, I'd agree that super hero films is a bit for children, but adults can enjoy things that are for kids. There's nothing wrong about that, unless you act in your life like a kid. That's another problem though. In this current generation, we've got many that never grow up.

Said the boy with the Superman avy...

I don't get you.... unless you're kidding :D

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Most people I know don’t think superhero movies are for kids but, ironically, they do think superhero comics (or comics in general) are for kids. Having said that, as an aging comic reader I’ve never really copped any crap for it. It’s ok for people to be into all kinds of shit these days.

I just figure its the same as people that say I'm not going to watch Game of Thrones because of the dragons and nerd stuff, or my wife that tells me video games are for kids. Once a movie, game, show,, or any type of art has an opinion/bias its hard to get through to that person.

Shiken said:
Machiavellian said:

Deadpool is from the same Marvel comic universe as any of their other heros.  Antihero or not, my point stands.

Cartoon ares for kids but can have adult content.  You present one movie and based a whole industry off of it does that mean the majority of the movies are adult.  Any media not matter how centered it is on children can have an adult adaptation.  When the 30% of super hero movies are like Deadpool then you can change the goal post.

Either way, not sure why we are arguing this point.  I care very little how people judge superhero movies.  I watch movies to be entertained so whether its made for kids, adults or your average nut case it really doesn't matter to me if I believe it will be enjoyable.

Machiavellian said:
Shiken said:

Cartoon ares for kids but can have adult content.  You present one movie and based a whole industry off of it does that mean the majority of the movies are adult.  Any media not matter how centered it is on children can have an adult adaptation.  When the 30% of super hero movies are like Deadpool then you can change the goal post.

Either way, not sure why we are arguing this point.  I care very little how people judge superhero movies.  I watch movies to be entertained so whether its made for kids, adults or your average nut case it really doesn't matter to me if I believe it will be enjoyable.

Cartoons are not specifically for kids.  With flawed logic like that, there is really no talking to you.  Fun fact, cartoons as a medium started as skits designed for adults (not necessarily with adult content, but gears towards adults).  Only over the time did networks dedicate to bringing kid friendly content.

But even then, cartoons in general are still not just for kids.  Do you really think that Beavis and Butthead or South Park are designed for kids  but have adult content?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Darc Requiem said:
Honestly, I don't care what they think.

'No no no no, we don't do that here.'

'Evacuate the city, engage all defenses, and get this man a shield.'

'Wakanda Forever!!'