By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you say to judgmental people that say Superhero films are for kids ?

I used to get a lot of flak for liking "kiddy", "childish", "for kids" stuff in middle and high school.

Not anymore, and it's great.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Superhero movies are for the adventurous child in all of us that died on me when I walked into that room with mom and dad having sex.

Better than your dad and uncle. Probably. I guess it depends.

Happened to me when I was 10. It's why I kick pigeons.

What about your dad walking in on you and your uncle..... And your mom? I think after something like that a family ticket to a super hero movie might be on the cards.... And therapy, lots of therapy.

It's why I kick uncles!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

lol who says that anymore?

Because Superhero movies are for kids. Grow up and watch some anime.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

COKTOE said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Superhero movies are for the adventurous child in all of us that died on me when I walked into that room with mom and dad having sex.

Better than your dad and uncle. Probably. I guess it depends.

Happened to me when I was 10. It's why I kick pigeons.

Oh shit that's horrible I hope you are ok.

Why kick pigeons when you can club baby seals?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Depends on the person. If it is someone I have no intimacy I'll just ignore. If I know the person I'll fire back with something that is more childish but socially accepted like "Worse is to watch this silly braindead soap operas".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nothing.

You just keep enjoying what you enjoy.

My solution is to always call them “films” or better yet, “pictures”. “I just saw the new Wonder Woman picture.”

Also, nobody I know cares what movies I watch...except my wife who can’t really complain because her favourite films are the Harry Potter pictures.

I'd say most of these movies are uninspired and often bad but that has little to do with their target audience, which is not kids. Given their budget, they need to cater to a lot of people's tastes, thus generating movies "for everyone". Making movies for children that are enjoyable by anyone requires a different effort and few companies achieved it.

I don't think theres anything wrong with adults enjoying super hero movies. I just don't understand how many are not sick to death of pretty much the same movie with different color tights at this point.