By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega announce Sega Genesis/Mega Drive mini comes with 40 games launches september 19, 2019

Very excited for this. Can’t wait.

Around the Network

Can't find this to be interesting if it doesn't play genesis carts. I have close to 80 games carts, so I cannot buy another genesis that wont allow me to play the games without all the weird emulation stuff because it's annoying when there's sounds/graphical errors due to emulation. Mega SG is looking good, but I'm trying to avoid it because I don't want to pay 200 dollars for it.

Burning Typhoon said:
Can't find this to be interesting if it doesn't play genesis carts. I have close to 80 games carts, so I cannot buy another genesis that wont allow me to play the games without all the weird emulation stuff because it's annoying when there's sounds/graphical errors due to emulation. Mega SG is looking good, but I'm trying to avoid it because I don't want to pay 200 dollars for it.

There shouldn’t be any weird issues as it’s being reported M2 is handling it. M2 Co., Ltd. (Japanese有限会社M2エムツー) is a Japanese video game developer and publisher, best known for handling emulation of re-released games, such as some Sega Ages titles, Virtual Console titles for Nintendo systems and the 3D Classics series for the Nintendo 3DS. M2 has spent much of their recent time working for Konami, creating not only arcade compilations, but also an entirely new set of games for WiiWare under the ReBirth moniker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_(game_developer)

Last edited by UltimateGamer1982 - on 30 March 2019

Burning Typhoon said:

It will be 79$

It's nice, I suppose, but Genesis games have been available on every possible platform for a long time, how much need for this is there?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
It's nice, I suppose, but Genesis games have been available on every possible platform for a long time, how much need for this is there?

I don't recommend most of them because the games almost never run properly, and most of the games can't be brought back due to licensing, so there's always going to be games you're never going to see released on these clone consoles.  Without a cartridge slot, there's not much of a reason to getting on.  Even less if the emulation is also bad.

is there really intrest for this?

edit:

Darwinianevolution said:

Just saw your post above.... lol basically my throughts.

As the Sega Megadrive Collection is a thing (and an awesome thing), I will not need it. But I think it is nice for people who want the physical device.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Might be interesting, but I'll wait for the complete list of games.

Also Sega, where's the Master System mini???

Analogue just released one, I know what I would choose.