By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Machiavellian said:
jason1637 said:
Tbh Trump can be entertaining but I feel that he is more entertaining because of how people overreact to some things he does or say Before he got inaugurated i literally know people saying the world will be over and that the US would become Nazi Germany but things seem to be going on as they normally do.

That is because it takes more than a President to change the US that dramatically.  But I will say this, he will have a lasting effect and it will not be positive.  As I told a friend of mine, it's not the concepts that Trump has that is bad its implementation.  When you have a competent person running the show they know how to get things done.  When you throw the same thing to an idiot, everything they touch turns to garbage.  I never really have a problem with the issues Trump tackle, it's the fact he is an incompetent idiot where he turns simple things into chaos.  

I'm curious. What negative lasting effect?

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Tbh Trump can be entertaining but I feel that he is more entertaining because of how people overreact to some things he does or say Before he got inaugurated i literally know people saying the world will be over and that the US would become Nazi Germany but things seem to be going on as they normally do.

Like when he fires people or they leave his administration. It's always because Trump's an idiot, and never because he holds people to a high standard or they can't stand the heat. I used to work for a company like that. We joked that they should make the front door a revolving door because there were constantly people coming and going, and it's because the company had high standards so they were always getting fired or couldn't stand the heat. Over the years I would hear stories from competitors who had hired some of these people and most of what they told them about our company and why they were fired or left was total BS. 

CaptainExplosion said:

Barr only used a fraction of the Mueller report. He's selling America out to the Trump administration. How did someone so corrupt ever become attorney general?

And now this repulsive woman in Oklahoma.

Thanks for nothing, America.

Dont spread mis information. Barr gave a summary of the full report but it was only 4 pages so it obviously did not go into much detail. He did give Mueller a chance to give feedback on the report but he denies. Also he plans to release the full report this week .

And anti semitism is not an American only thing so please stop acting like it is.

Here is a random article about a recent anti semitism event in your country of Canada https://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/kingston-ont-campuses-tagged-with-anti-semitic-graffiti.

jason1637 said:
Machiavellian said:

That is because it takes more than a President to change the US that dramatically.  But I will say this, he will have a lasting effect and it will not be positive.  As I told a friend of mine, it's not the concepts that Trump has that is bad its implementation.  When you have a competent person running the show they know how to get things done.  When you throw the same thing to an idiot, everything they touch turns to garbage.  I never really have a problem with the issues Trump tackle, it's the fact he is an incompetent idiot where he turns simple things into chaos.  

That the US citizens voted an idiot as President (Not the first time but probably the biggest).  From the chaos in the white house.  To the clueless administration that seems to be run by the 3 stooges.  From the countless dumb as tweets.  The the division in the US which was already bad enough just amplified by the current idiot. To International relations which wasn't great but probably garbage now and will take who knows how long to repair.  To a tax plan that is currently going to bring us into a nice recession which is going to make the Bush years seem like nirvana.

EricHiggin said:
jason1637 said:

Like when he fires people or they leave his administration. It's always because Trump's an idiot, and never because he holds people to a high standard or they can't stand the heat. I used to work for a company like that. We joked that they should make the front door a revolving door because there were constantly people coming and going, and it's because the company had high standards so they were always getting fired or couldn't stand the heat. Over the years I would hear stories from competitors who had hired some of these people and most of what they told them about our company and why they were fired or left was total BS. 

Well yes, Trump fire people because when he ask them to do illegal things or things he does not have the power to do and they refuse, well its firing time.  That is what happens when you put an idiot in charge expecting that idiot to understand how the office work.  Even then, when people want to resign he makes it a point that it's his decision.  When you have an idiot always looking for the limelight then the handling of people within his administration's looks like what you expect from a 3rd grader.  You have countless books that all say the same thing about Trump but it will always be convenient to dismiss them.

You are going to act like Trump has high standards forgetting we see with our own eyes from his tweets and communications, how he handles situations.  The reason it's a revolving door because everyone who has worked for him believe him to be an idiot.  Even the people who do go out the door with a decent farewell decided to leave on his watch for a reason.  I am sure you also forget that Trump is the one who hired these people.  You know the same guy that says he only hires the best, he goes on his gut.  Its the same situation when he claims to know it all.  He knows healthcare, he knows tariffs, He knows energy.  We can look at Trump pass and see how he has nuked pretty much any business that isn't promoting his name.

I am sure based on the 2 1/2 years you can list a whole host of pure qualities Trump has as a leader and I can give you 2 twice as much that shows he is a bungling idiot.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Barr only used a fraction of the Mueller report. He's selling America out to the Trump administration. How did someone so corrupt ever become attorney general?

And now this repulsive woman in Oklahoma.

Thanks for nothing, America.

Dont spread mis information. Barr gave a summary of the full report but it was only 4 pages so it obviously did not go into much detail. He did give Mueller a chance to give feedback on the report but he denies. Also he plans to release the full report this week .

And anti semitism is not an American only thing so please stop acting like it is.

Here is a random article about a recent anti semitism event in your country of Canada https://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/kingston-ont-campuses-tagged-with-anti-semitic-graffiti.

It was smart of Mueller to deny giving feedback on the report because he knew this would happen.  We will get all the details from Mueller once he is brought before Congress and from there we will see where Barr ends and the true information begin.  

Barr said he isn't releasing the full report without being redacted and if I am not mistaken, the white house gets first pass.

Machiavellian said:
jason1637 said:

That the US citizens voted an idiot as President (Not the first time but probably the biggest).  From the chaos in the white house.  To the clueless administration that seems to be run by the 3 stooges.  From the countless dumb as tweets.  The the division in the US which was already bad enough just amplified by the current idiot. To International relations which wasn't great but probably garbage now and will take who knows how long to repair.  To a tax plan that is currently going to bring us into a nice recession which is going to make the Bush years seem like nirvana.

There is not big division in the US that is being amplified by Trump. There was and always will be conservatives, and liberals that disagree and dont like each other regardless of who is the President. Trump did not change that. From my experience people dont really care if someone is a conservative or liberal because most Americans dont revolve their lives around politics. Imo division is something the media has been pushing and people have started to believe it's a big issue.

International relations have got a little rocky here and there but it wont last long because leaders come and go and other countries are still willing to work in the US regardless since were #1.

I cant tell the future but i doubt a recession is coming up anytime soon. The economy has been stable and wages are increasing faster than it has in the last ten years. Also the GDP has not "boomed" enough for that to happen yet.

jason1637 said:
Machiavellian said:

There is not big division in the US that is being amplified by Trump. There was and always will be conservatives, and liberals that disagree and dont like each other regardless of who is the President. Trump did not change that. From my experience people dont really care if someone is a conservative or liberal because most Americans dont revolve their lives around politics. Imo division is something the media has been pushing and people have started to believe it's a big issue.

International relations have got a little rocky here and there but it wont last long because leaders come and go and other countries are still willing to work in the US regardless since were #1.

I cant tell the future but i doubt a recession is coming up anytime soon. The economy has been stable and wages are increasing faster than it has in the last ten years. Also the GDP has not "boomed" enough for that to happen yet.

Leaders come and go but policy can last longer.  Some policy are much harder to get rid of or move out of the way.  Since we can still have 4 more years of Trump, his stamp of incompetence can be longer.  The basic issue is that we still have him making policy not knowing how the system works and basically throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.

As for wages, well if things are changing at the middle end I am not seeing it.  I believe this is happening on the lower end with lower paying jobs and its more a state thing then anything to do with Trump.

GDP doesn't have to boom in order for a recession to happen.  It happens when things burn to bright and institutions cannot support the economy.  Anyway we will see if that occurs since they have talked about it happening for a year or so.

Machiavellian said:
jason1637 said:

Leaders come and go but policy can last longer.  Some policy are much harder to get rid of or move out of the way.  Since we can still have 4 more years of Trump, his stamp of incompetence can be longer.  The basic issue is that we still have him making policy not knowing how the system works and basically throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.

As for wages, well if things are changing at the middle end I am not seeing it.  I believe this is happening on the lower end with lower paying jobs and its more a state thing then anything to do with Trump.

GDP doesn't have to boom in order for a recession to happen.  It happens when things burn to bright and institutions cannot support the economy.  Anyway we will see if that occurs since they have talked about it happening for a year or so.

The only negative policy Trump has done on the international stage I can think of was leaving the paris climate agreement but most countries that signed on were not actually following through on what they agreed on.

I feel like he probably contributed because under Obama they never grew this fast and started to grow midway through Trumps term.

I brought up GDP because I remember reading something a few months ago that usually for some recessions the GDP reaches a certain mark or something.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/04/10/kim-kardashian-becoming-lawyer-alice-marie-johnson-case-kanye-west/3423410002/
Hopefully she passes so she can help more people who are serving unfair jail time.