By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Machiavellian said:

The latest story on Trump and his stealing document issues is that he was able to get a judge to appoint a special master to review the documents taken by the DOJ. What make this situation very interesting is that not allow did she allow the special Master to review attorney client privilliage documents but also executive privilliage documents. I was going to go into a lot about the executive privilliage part but when I think about it, I believe the DOJ is not going to care. At the end of the day, the DOJ case is about NDI documents that are not documents created by Trump in during his presidency. So a special master isn't really going to make a difference as far as that is concerned. I also believe the FBI has already made determination concerning the documents and thus they will continue their investigation. So my bet is that the government will not appeal and will look to get a SM appointed right away to get things moving. They are not concerned about those documents and probably will just give the SM the NDI documents right away so they can get back to working on those and leave the rest to the SM to take their time with.

Another prediction I have is that the DOJ will be ready with a list of SM while the Trump lawyers will ask for an extension.

While this is clearly a shit show, I can't help but laugh. These documents are so declassified and minor that Trump is doing everything in his power to prevent the FBI from looking at them. 

His entire public argument makes no sense and constantly contradicts itself, while his legal teams argument is relying heavily on favors from Trump appointed judges to not get laughed out of the courtroom.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
ConservagameR said:

I also see everyone ignoring California leaving. Why even bother, multiple times, if it's an overreaction and would only lead to war?

I personally have always seen these secession trends as little more than fantasy. Every time something happens, a bunch of people yell "We should leave" and then they go about their day reaping all the benefits imparted by the federal government. That is why I don't really see anything worth responding to in regards to Calexit (and also Texas Exit (Texit?)). Why should I care if some people from Cali liked fantasizing for a bit? It isn't going to happen and nobody is going to do anything to actually try and make it happen (because it can't and won't). Further, no one here is advocating for that (that I've seen). You are the only one saying certain states should leave the union.

That is why we are shit talking you. Feel free to fantasize about certain states leaving the union (which is weird given you don't live in them, but you do you), but trying to argue that it can or should happen is ridiculous and warrants being called out as such. Similarly, if someone tries to say Cali can/should leave, it will also be ridiculous, but until that happens, bring Calexit up is just sealioning or smokescreening or some other means of avoiding actually having to defend your bad ideas.

You don't bother responding to those because it's fantasy and a waste of time, but you responded to me multiple times about the same things?

I'm the only one saying the states should leave? What about everyone else who's been behind those movements?

You notice how I mentioned Calexit multiple times and everyone ignored it. Then only after I point out everyone is ignoring it, then they try to defend it? Why wasn't my point just ignored then if it's so ridiculous? Or why wasn't Calexit taken as serious, especially since I also pointed it out with everything else?

It's all bad idea's until someone on the other side had the same idea on that point being discussed, sometimes prior. Unless what the other side did goes along with the idea, because then it's a positive addition to the point, not sealioning or smoke screening anymore, oddly.

Hiku said:
ConservagameR said:

What was said about Trump becoming President and the UK leaving? That America and democracy and the UK would start to quickly suffer and then fall shortly after. 

It was really really close.

People with zipties, guns and lists of names to kill got in, while the crowd chanted "Hang Mike Pence".
A single door separated them from some of the congress members at one point.
If they had gotten through, and excecuted members of congress, I think that qualifies as the fall of democracy.

ConservagameR said:

Further as to the UK leaving, it's not like the EU instantly said fine, go, we don't care. They dragged it on forever to do everything short of war to keep the UK locked in. So when it comes to secession would automatically mean war in the US, my UK example didn't mean the EU would immediately threaten war, because as I also said earlier, I didn't say the American government would immediately threaten war. Others said that would be the case, and since the EU worked things out after a long period of time, why couldn't the US? My point is that's what the more conservative red states would be after, something like Brexit in terms of a deal and a split. The UK did not want violence or war, and it's not impossible for that to have been the case eventually. The UK just wanted to separate as peacefully as possible. If the last 6 years has taught people anything, it should be that, like many words, impossible doesn't mean what it used to.

I don't think it was the EU that dragged out the UK's brexit. It was UK. Because when UK first voted to leave, many people didn't consider some of the problems this would cause. Once they became aware of that, and people protested this, UK tried to negotiate a deal. Basically to get some EU benefits, even after they are no longer part of the EU.
UK could leave as soon as possible with no deal. What took time was negotiating the deal. So UK decided to push up the deadline and try to come up with a solution.

Someone please correct me if I'm rembering any part wrong.

Anyway, I don't think people here are assuming that red states want to initiate a war in order to leave.
It's just that if they somehow try to leave even though it's supposedly unconstitutional, then the federal government wouldn't let them. What happens when talk/diplomacy doesn't get the red state to where it wants to be?

Well me and I'm sure other people here remember how they wanted to "stop the count" in the 2020 election while Trump was still ahead. And then they stormed the capitol on January 6.
And now there's threars of civil war just because Trump's estate was searched with a search warrant.

How many zip ties and guns, and how many insurrectionists or protestors in total? Estimates are acceptable here.

Hasn't Biden said multiple times now that it's a waste of time to come after the government with guns since they've got fighter jets and tanks?

How's that $60 billion in guns working out for Ukraine against fighter jets and tanks? Ukraine still winning, somehow? 

You're trying to say that the people thought they could vote for something and didn't anticipate everything wouldn't be perfect after? How long ago did the UK people land on Earth, because since the first vote ever, that's been the way it goes. You never get everything, not even close.

So much for democracy.

The EU's response to Brexit (europa.eu)

There's a write up and long but basic timeline. It's clear that the UK couldn't, just leave. There was a lot to it that had to be solved, and both the UK and the EU didn't always see eye to eye and immediately agree to everything.

"We have always deeply regretted the UK’s decision to leave but we have always fully respected it, too.  The agreement we reached is fair for both sides and ensures that millions of EU and UK citizens will continue to have their rights protected in the place they call home."

When the EU President says they deeply regretted it, well you know.

I'm not so sure the country and it's government will allow civil war to be the answer. From what I've lived, and from that others imply, is that America is better than that. Imagine the example it would set for the rest of the world in many ways on the largest and smallest scales.

The Democrats and their voters were saying Trump was illegitimate, do to reasons like the Russia hoax. The dossier was fake and was made up by Hillary's campaign, and even though the Russians did try to influence the election in other ways, there's no evidence they changed anything, just like there's no evidence that Hunter Biden's laptop changed the 2020 election. Whether it did or not, how are we to know for certain now?

The difference is the havoc it caused after 2016, injury, death, destruction, didn't lead to the right saying the left were insurrectionists, even though they could have. That's because it wouldn't have meant anything, just like how it doesn't mean anything to the right as of now, because they agree the handful or idiots who took it to far are getting punished as they should. Maybe to harsh, but punishment was necessary. That handful weren't going to take over the government, because they didn't stand a chance against the rest of the protesters, let alone the rest of the country.

Last edited by ConservagameR - on 06 September 2022

ConservagameR said:
sundin13 said:

I personally have always seen these secession trends as little more than fantasy. Every time something happens, a bunch of people yell "We should leave" and then they go about their day reaping all the benefits imparted by the federal government. That is why I don't really see anything worth responding to in regards to Calexit (and also Texas Exit (Texit?)). Why should I care if some people from Cali liked fantasizing for a bit? It isn't going to happen and nobody is going to do anything to actually try and make it happen (because it can't and won't). Further, no one here is advocating for that (that I've seen). You are the only one saying certain states should leave the union.

That is why we are shit talking you. Feel free to fantasize about certain states leaving the union (which is weird given you don't live in them, but you do you), but trying to argue that it can or should happen is ridiculous and warrants being called out as such. Similarly, if someone tries to say Cali can/should leave, it will also be ridiculous, but until that happens, bring Calexit up is just sealioning or smokescreening or some other means of avoiding actually having to defend your bad ideas.

You don't bother responding to those because it's fantasy and a waste of time, but you responded to me multiple times about the same things?

I'm the only one saying the states should leave? What about everyone else who's been behind those movements?

You notice how I mentioned Calexit multiple times and everyone ignored it. Then only after I point out everyone is ignoring it, then they try to defend it? Why wasn't my point just ignored then if it's so ridiculous? Or why wasn't Calexit taken as serious, especially since I also pointed it out with everything else?

It's all bad idea's until someone on the other side had the same idea on that point being discussed, sometimes prior. Unless what the other side did goes along with the idea, because then it's a positive addition to the point, not sealioning or smoke screening anymore, oddly.

Californian chiming in.

I don't think anyone was ignoring you.  People are spending a lot of energy responding to all of your posts.  I suspect most people aren't really fully aware of the context of calexit, since it was largely a footnote outside of conservative media that made it a big bogeyman.

Calexit was pretty much always a joke.  It never got the requisite signatures to become a ballot measure and many people suspect the whole effort was another Russian conspiracy to destabilize the US.  The leader literally fled to Russia.  Anyone who gave the plan anything beyond a surface level scrutiny would realize how absolutely insane (and illegal) the proposal was.  People were upset over Trump's policies and California over contributing financially to the federal government, so they fancied leaving the US.  But the logistics of water alone should be enough to convince any Californian against leaving the US, constitution aside.

Not just rumor or speculation any more; top secret materials on foreign nuclear capabilities reportedly recovered from Mar-a-Lago:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/06/trump-nuclear-documents/

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
ConservagameR said:
Ryuu96 said:

Just find it annoying when someone commentates on other peoples countries whilst at the same time getting everything wrong about it and showing they have a clear lack of understanding on many issues to do with that country and on top of all of that they go and make drastic suggestions as to what said country should do.

If you did grow up in America, then fine, it doesn't exactly help make you look any better though in regards to your lack of understanding on certain issues. It nevertheless is still easy for you to suggest that America should break up in the comfort of Canada whilst not having a clue what breaking up would entail.

Suppose that is a difference...Quite possibly the easiest difference that you could have came up with, I'm just going to assume that you don't know the difference between the United States of America and the European Union though so you understandably won't get why bringing up Brexit in a conversation about States seceding was a very weak point.

Things get hard when you have to formulate a response to a question without "answering" it with 20 different questions...Well, I hope that you have learnt something at least, now that the thread has cleared some things up for you, maybe we can move onto better conversations.

So you'll be looking up and pointing out everyone who's not from a blue or red state? Who's not conservative or progressive? Who's not a founding father or supreme court justice, etc? So everyone can then take that info and basically disregard that persons opinion? I tend to think diversity leads to better progress most of the time, but I'm just one person, so how could I be sure? Involve others who are different than me?

I also see everyone ignoring California leaving. Why even bother, multiple times, if it's an overreaction and would only lead to war?

What was said about Trump becoming President and the UK leaving? That America and democracy and the UK would start to quickly suffer and then fall shortly after. It's been since 2016 and both are doing just fine. Would be very different the last couple years if covid didn't pop up and race through impacting the world. Further as to the UK leaving, it's not like the EU instantly said fine, go, we don't care. They dragged it on forever to do everything short of war to keep the UK locked in. So when it comes to secession would automatically mean war in the US, my UK example didn't mean the EU would immediately threaten war, because as I also said earlier, I didn't say the American government would immediately threaten war. Others said that would be the case, and since the EU worked things out after a long period of time, why couldn't the US? My point is that's what the more conservative red states would be after, something like Brexit in terms of a deal and a split. The UK did not want violence or war, and it's not impossible for that to have been the case eventually. The UK just wanted to separate as peacefully as possible. If the last 6 years has taught people anything, it should be that, like many words, impossible doesn't mean what it used to.

Things do get hard, when it's assumed you're saying things you're not. Even harder when you clearly explain that's incorrect and what the case actually is and they tell you you're wrong anyway. Hardest yet when you're told you're not you but somebody else to dismiss or unperson you. Reminds me of people jumping to conclusions and calling others Nazi's or Hitler himself. So yes, I have learned something, but I'm not exactly sure how productive it was.

You still have not addressed the points I made.  How exactly are any state going to leave the US, it does not matter if its blue or red.  A group of people stating they want to leave the US does not mean the whole state wants to leave.  It would be different if the whole state voted on it which would be the first step.  From there we are still at the same place I mentioned.  No matter if the state is red or blue if they try to force their way out of the US it would result in Civil War.  So the next step would be to amend the constitution to allow a state to leave and even that is probably going to involve something so hard that its not even worth it.  You can get Congress to vote on it but you need 2/3 of the house and Senate so good luck with that.

There is a legal process to leave the US and its a very difficulty one at that.  The US is nothing close the the EU so why even bring it up.  Even if red states wanted something like Brexit there is no means in the US to do so.  There is no article 50 in the constitution to leave the US and this has already been to the SCOTUS so its a moot point to continue to bring up.  

Also no one is assuming you are saying anything, they are looking at what you are saying, looking at your arguments and making a determination on how that can be accomplish.  You never once talked about amending the constitution to allow this to happen, you never mentioned congress approving this action.  You never stated anything on how it can be accomplish and the steps on it would need to go through, instead you just tossed a bunch of stuff at the wall which is fine but none it was based on how the US actually works.  If you do not even know the basic concept of how it can peacefully be done then do not be mad everyone assumed you are talking about forcing out of the US and there is no peaceful way to FORCE out of the US.  You cannot threaten civil war if you are not willing to go through with it and Civil war would be exactly what you would be going for because the other peaceful methods all involve a very difficult process which no state has even come close to trying to do. That is why you get fringe elements making these claims.

Where did you say this before? Yes I am aware of how this works.

Are you aware the States are right now attempting a convention to do just this? Propose amendments, changes, additions, etc?

First you're not pleased I didn't bring things up yet or go in depth enough, and now when I have you ignore it? Since when has the supreme court not gone back on their previous rulings and changed the outcome?

You know as well as everyone else, even if I had laid this out just as you have above, it's not like the response would've been, gees you've got a point, maybe it could happen. We all know the response would've still been you're delusional. Those delusional Trump believers in 2016 and Biden voters in 2020, depending on your point of view, should all take this at least somewhat seriously. It's not like I would expect everyone to agree with me entirely anyway, but absolutely not, never, seems much more of a personal reaction then one based on the possibility.

Ryuu96 said:
ConservagameR said:
Ryuu96 said:

Just find it annoying when someone commentates on other peoples countries whilst at the same time getting everything wrong about it and showing they have a clear lack of understanding on many issues to do with that country and on top of all of that they go and make drastic suggestions as to what said country should do.

If you did grow up in America, then fine, it doesn't exactly help make you look any better though in regards to your lack of understanding on certain issues. It nevertheless is still easy for you to suggest that America should break up in the comfort of Canada whilst not having a clue what breaking up would entail.

Suppose that is a difference...Quite possibly the easiest difference that you could have came up with, I'm just going to assume that you don't know the difference between the United States of America and the European Union though so you understandably won't get why bringing up Brexit in a conversation about States seceding was a very weak point.

Things get hard when you have to formulate a response to a question without "answering" it with 20 different questions...Well, I hope that you have learnt something at least, now that the thread has cleared some things up for you, maybe we can move onto better conversations.

So you'll be looking up and pointing out everyone who's not from a blue or red state? Who's not conservative or progressive? Who's not a founding father or supreme court justice, etc? So everyone can then take that info and basically disregard that persons opinion? I tend to think diversity leads to better progress most of the time, but I'm just one person, so how could I be sure? Involve others who are different than me?

What was said about Trump becoming President and the UK leaving? That America and democracy and the UK would start to quickly suffer and then fall shortly after. It's been since 2016 and both are doing just fine. Would be very different the last couple years if covid didn't pop up and race through impacting the world. Further as to the UK leaving, it's not like the EU instantly said fine, go, we don't care. They dragged it on forever to do everything short of war to keep the UK locked in. So when it comes to secession would automatically mean war in the US, my UK example didn't mean the EU would immediately threaten war, because as I also said earlier, I didn't say the American government would immediately threaten war. Others said that would be the case, and since the EU worked things out after a long period of time, why couldn't the US? My point is that's what the more conservative red states would be after, something like Brexit in terms of a deal and a split. The UK did not want violence or war, and it's not impossible for that to have been the case eventually. The UK just wanted to separate as peacefully as possible. If the last 6 years has taught people anything, it should be that, like many words, impossible doesn't mean what it used to.

Things do get hard, when it's assumed you're saying things you're not. Even harder when you clearly explain that's incorrect and what the case actually is and they tell you you're wrong anyway. Hardest yet when you're told you're not you but somebody else to dismiss or unperson you. Reminds me of people jumping to conclusions and calling others Nazi's or Hitler himself. So yes, I have learned something, but I'm not exactly sure how productive it was.

Lol, I was clear in what I said and it wasn't any of that stuff listed above (who is red/blue/conservative/progressive). I'll also say that I did not look up your IP specifically due to this debate, I did it months ago for other reasons.

People are probably ignoring "California leaving" because they aren't leaving.

UK definitely isn't doing "just fine" Lol...

The UK could have left at anytime by doing hard Brexit but anyone with a brain knew that was a stupid decision as they'd leave without a deal. EU is a huge trading bloc and as such UK had to renegotiate those deals, UK is also more than one country and has to take them into account when formulating deals, such as Northern Ireland.

UK couldn't agree how they wanted to leave, half were saying hard Brexit, half were saying soft Brexit. There was little majority for any deal. The UK is more to blame for how long Brexit took. The Good Friday Agreement was also a major issue. You can see the timeline here and see how UK requested multiple extensions to leaving.

"Everything short of war" Lol. Give me a break.

Go and look up the differences between the European Union and the United States of America and you'll see why they aren't comparable. UK leaving EU is in absolutely no way comparable to a State leaving USA. Someone already gave you an easy one, America is country, EU isn't. An actually close example (but not exact) would be Alberta deciding its leaving Canada.

I'm not sure if America would threaten war (due to optics) but I'm fairly sure they definitely wouldn't allow it and there are other ways to make people surrender other than going in guns blazing. Absolutely nobody thought that UK leaving EU would result in war or violence and it was impossible for that to be the case because the EU is mostly a damn trading bloc, Lol.

Can assure you that leaving peacefully was not a concern of UK at all, Lol. Absolutely nobody was thinking "we have to do it peacefully in case the EU goes to war with us" not to mention, UK is part of NATO...It'd be insane to think there was even a 0.1% chance of EU going to war with UK over us leaving EU, Lol. Nor was it ever considered impossible to leave the EU even before Brexit, it has been very clear that anyone can leave EU if they want to but most see more benefits than negatives to remaining in the EU.

In comparison to USA where it is apparently made clear that a state can't decide for itself that it is seceding.

So you've got the goods on everyone and will be doxxing them at a later date for different reasons, and that's acceptable?

Yes, you were clear. I didn't realize I was being targeted to be attacked later.

If people are ignoring Calexit for that reason, why aren't they ignoring what I said? It's not happened either since it would be a future event.

The EU's response to Brexit (europa.eu)

Here's another Brexit timeline. The UK couldn't just vote to leave and be gone. There was plenty shared that had to be divvied up and that's an understatement as to how complex that was, and that's just one part of everything that had to be sorted out. How easy did the EU make the transition?

There was a discussion a while back in this forum where it was said that Australia and America were basically the same. The main point behind that was their common ancestry. Others agreed with this point. So how is the EU completely different? America is one country, made up of a bunch of States, who are supposed to have the majority control over themselves, not the federal government. The EU is set up in a similar fashion, just with nation states, and much like America, the EU government was taking too much control, which was part of why the UK wanted out. Sound familiar?

When the UK people voted to leave, did they not think they would get everything they wanted? Others seem to think so. Did they not assume the split would happen very quickly due to a democratic, efficient, thoughtful, and freedom loving EU? Others seem to think so.

The rest of the EU didn't just accept the UK leaving. They deeply regretted it as the EU President said. Which makes sense why it took so long besides everything that had to be done. Lots of deals and new rules had to be made in order for this to occur. Are you saying similar could not happen in the US? The States can't convene to modify the Constitution? Are they not attempting to gather right now?

IvorEvilen said:
ConservagameR said:

Californian chiming in.

I don't think anyone was ignoring you.  People are spending a lot of energy responding to all of your posts.  I suspect most people aren't really fully aware of the context of calexit, since it was largely a footnote outside of conservative media that made it a big bogeyman.

Calexit was pretty much always a joke.  It never got the requisite signatures to become a ballot measure and many people suspect the whole effort was another Russian conspiracy to destabilize the US.  The leader literally fled to Russia.  Anyone who gave the plan anything beyond a surface level scrutiny would realize how absolutely insane (and illegal) the proposal was.  People were upset over Trump's policies and California over contributing financially to the federal government, so they fancied leaving the US.  But the logistics of water alone should be enough to convince any Californian against leaving the US, constitution aside.

Ignoring Calexit, until it's brought up again and pointed out it's being ignored. It was being ignored because it wouldn't look good for those taking the other side of that part of the conversation.

You make a good point though. It didn't get to far because it couldn't get passed the requirements in it's case, plain and simple.

What I initially said may never even come to pass being as specific as it was. Even if the first portion came true, then there's no saying the red more conservative states would actually do anything along those lines anyway.

Of everyone who's responded, I can't help but say I'm surprised the Californian has been by far the most reasonable. I think perhaps I need to take this into account and reassess and adjust my thoughts on the state.

It's hilarious to occasionally pop into this thread just to see how things are going becuase it's so clear one side of the argument is just factually wrong about like 95% of the things they say but completely lack the self-awareness to realize that nearly everything they've said is wrong.

Like, I see this:

Person 1 makes 5 outlandish claims

Person 2 and 3 responde to those claims with a point by point breakdown of why those claims are wrong or misinterpreted

Person 1 doubles down on those claims, then makes 2 more while saying that the other people aren't taking them seriously

Person 2 debunks the new 'facts' drawn to reitirate those claims, each with a detailed breakdown on why it's wrong

Person 3 debunks the new claims with similarly detailed explanations and fact-checking

Person 1 makes more outlandish claims, not responding to the debunking of their prior claims while pretending these new claims supercede the old claims so it doesn't matter that the other claims were debunked because THESE claims are SUPER important!

Person 2 then goes on a 4,000 word rant about how person 1 doesn't even remotely understand what the fuck they're talking about, completely misunderstand EVERY facet of what they're talking about, are unable to accept when they're proven wrong, and have so far been unable to present a single solid claim

Person 3 adds extra reasons as to WHY person 1 is wrong, further elaborating on person 1's claims are absurd and completely wrong or ignorant

Person 1 claims persecution and acts like they're the victim in all this despite being the one making all the faulty claims and refusing to back them up with facts.

Person 2 and 3 continue on a cycle of thoroughly debunking everything person 1 says, while person 1 keeps making outrageous, unfounded claims.

=====--=--=====

Sound about right to all of you?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

ConservagameR said:

Where did you say this before? Yes I am aware of how this works.

Are you aware the States are right now attempting a convention to do just this? Propose amendments, changes, additions, etc?

First you're not pleased I didn't bring things up yet or go in depth enough, and now when I have you ignore it? Since when has the supreme court not gone back on their previous rulings and changed the outcome?

You know as well as everyone else, even if I had laid this out just as you have above, it's not like the response would've been, gees you've got a point, maybe it could happen. We all know the response would've still been you're delusional. Those delusional Trump believers in 2016 and Biden voters in 2020, depending on your point of view, should all take this at least somewhat seriously. It's not like I would expect everyone to agree with me entirely anyway, but absolutely not, never, seems much more of a personal reaction then one based on the possibility.

You do know that amendments are proposed to congress on each session, this is nothing new.  The last reported number is 11,770 since 2019.  Out of that number only.  The majority do not even get to the Congressional committees and even fewer get to a vote in the house or senate.  So yes the process is long strict and hard to accomplish. Out of all the amendments that get submitted only 33 made it to the states and only 27 have been approved.

I really do not know if you laid it out what would be the outcome, I only know that you did not do so and by that alone you left it up to everyone else to assume what you meant.  You had plenty of opportunity to go into detail but instead you started to talk about Brexit and other examples that has nothing to do with the legal way to do it in the US.

I am not trying to play oracle here, you made a statement as if seceding from the US is as simple as making some proclamation but there is already a lot of history here and context you did not present.  Anyone can just throw out an opinion but supporting it is something totally different.  You gave no clear examples of exactly how to accomplish the task with an understanding of how the US government works.

The reason why it would be delusional with the current climate is that in order to get an amendment you need 2/3 House and Senate then you need to have it ratified by 38 states.  Its already settled law which would mean there would need to be a good case to overturn it and even if there was an amendment added to the constitution what shape that would take is totally up in the air.  Getting everyone to sign on to it would be historic in its own right.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 07 September 2022