By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JWeinCom said:
AsGryffynn said:

Gee, it's almost as if we decided to start pointing fingers somehow friends! 

America, you're demented. Signed ~ The Rest of the World. 

But then you're pointing fingers at people for pointing fingers...

Fair enough. 

Don't @ me over this. 

Around the Network

Arizona Republicans Censure Party Leaders At Odds With Trump

So, the Arizona GOP just censured Doug Ducey, Jeff Flake, and Cindy McCain (the widow of John McCain) for there opposition towards Trump.

...So in a state where the Secretary, both Senators (for the first time since 1953), 5 out of the 9 Representatives are Democrats, AND they just flipped blue on the Presidential ballot for the first time since 1996... they decide to censure the most prominent group of Republicans who have proven they can win in that state...

The GOP here in Arizona are not too bright in case you couldn't tell. This is the absolute WORST thing they could have done. I'm from Arizona, and this state was already trending blue in the first place, but now... that trend is about to accelerate considerably.

Meanwhile, Cindy McCain on Twitter: 

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 25 January 2021

PAOerfulone said:

So, the Arizona GOP just censured Doug Ducey, Jeff Flake, and Cindy McCain (the widow of John McCain) for there opposition towards Trump.

...So in a state where the Secretary, both Senators (for the first time since 1953), 5 out of the 9 Representatives are Democrats, AND they just flipped blue on the Presidential ballot for the first time since 1996... they decide to censure the most prominent group of Republicans who have proven they can win in that state...

The GOP here in Arizona are not too bright in case you couldn't tell. This is the absolute WORST thing they could have done. I'm from Arizona, and this state was already trending blue in the first place, but now... that trend is about to accelerate considerably.

Indeed.

The GOP (or at least a large part of it) seems to be doubling down on Trumpism even after it's cost them the House, Senate, and Presidency. If it keeps up (or the two wings really do split), perhaps it really could be the end of their power in national politics.

A Republican rejecting Trumpism is like a serial killer rejecting racism.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PAOerfulone said:

Why are the voting sites even painting AZ red any longer? 

I am just hoping this schism manifests on the other side and we get four parties. 

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:

vivster said:

I wonder what'll happen when Biden's 8 years are over and all of the cultists suddenly have a much better life. I guess they're gonna attribute that to Trump's forward planning?

Even I wonder who on God's Green Earth™ expects Biden to be more than a rollback to Obama era policies that didn't really do an awful lot for anyone besides attempt to eliminate Bush's horrific errors and rectify most of his mistakes. 

Damn any person who thinks he may even be able to run in 2024.

Like seriously, get your head checked. He's going to be replaced. By who I have no clue, which reminds me: who do you think gets either party's nomination in 2024? 

Joe Biden doesn't count. 

SvennoJ said:

And they would be right while completely missing the point. Masks, like social distancing, reduce spread. They don't prevent it, you're still not 100% safe with a mask, estimates only go up to 90% effectiveness for masks and that's for good quality masks. However when Rt is 1.8, stopping 50% is enough to get Rt below 1 and the virus will die out. Of course a little basic understanding of math and probabilities in particular helps.

Even then, not a single member highlighted this isn't really how transmission is stopped. Masks don't prevent the virus from coming in, they keep it from going out. The analogy would work best if you asked them to spit on their mask and then at you. A wet mask on the outside will wet through to the inside, but no one is going to go around rubbing masks on each other to share the Corona. 

Yes, what you are saying is true and there are stats that goes both ways when explaining that mask help to reduce the transmission not actually prevent you from getting the virus.  Its interesting how I had this conversation with my wife sister husband who is a staunch Trump supporter before he came down with CORVID.  I am not sure if he stills have love for Trump but he probably do not believe that the virus isn't anything to dismiss anymore since it has gone rampant within his family because of one infected cousin who transmitted it to almost everyone.  Anyway, the main point is that people will find absolutely anything to justify their opinion until they are confronted with it.

TallSilhouette said:
PAOerfulone said:

Indeed.

The GOP (or at least a large part of it) seems to be doubling down on Trumpism even after it's cost them the House, Senate, and Presidency. If it keeps up (or the two wings really do split), perhaps it really could be the end of their power in national politics.

I think the reason why the GOP is doubling down now on Trumpism is because of the threats both Trump and his followers have issued. Some probably fear for their life, which the congress storming showed that it could very well happen to them, too if they antagonized the more rabid sycophants of Trump. Others fear Trump could start a MAGA party and run against them, which would totally doom the GOP, as many of their voters would switch to that new party in that scenario. They went all in with Trumpism and now fear the consequences if they don't stay on the course they set on 4 years ago.

I expect Trump to run again in 2024, but with either Ivanka, Kushner or Trump Jr. as VP. The main question is, will he run as GOP, as Independent or form a new MAGA party as a platform for himself and his family?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 25 January 2021

Bofferbrauer2 said:
TallSilhouette said:

Indeed.

I think the reason why the GOP is doubling down now on Trumpism is because of the threats both Trump and his followers have issued. Some probably fear for their life, which the congress storming showed that it could very well happen to them, too if they antagonized the more rabid sycophants of Trump. Others fear Trump could start a MAGA party and run against them, which would totally doom the GOP, as many of their voters would switch to that new party in that scenario. They went all in with Trumpism and now fear the consequences if they don't stay on the course they set on 4 years ago.

I expect Trump to run again in 2024, but with either Ivanka, Kushner or Trump Jr. as VP. The main question is, will he run as GOP, as Independent or form a new MAGA party as a platform for himself and his family?

I am pretty sure Trump will not run again because his ego cannot take another loss, especially not like this time.  Yeah he may have pandered to the stolen election in public but he knows he lost in private.  Instead I see him milking his support base for everything they got and probably using that money he admass to try and basically pay to win support for whoever show loyalty to him.  This will be just an extension of the grifter game he has already played where he will contribute a lot of that money to other political figures for them to kick that money right back to him so he can pocket it.  If you put Trump into the position where he is still the money hustling grifter it makes more sense for him to run this course.  I can see him funding his kids for political seats but really its all about the money and people willing to keep funneling it to him.

I think Trump is done.
Many of his supporters (I.E. The Proud Boys) are calling Trump a traitor for not meeting at the capital and storming it with them. (Who would have guessed Trump would have lied?)

Trump has also fleeced hundreds of millions of dollars (WHY anyone would donate to a Billionaire baffles me!) from his support base to overturn the election results only for him to give up and run with the money, so I think many would feel cheated.

And then the last issue is the legal issues... Trump is going to be dragged through the legal process for a very long time and that is going to have consequences.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

AsGryffynn said:
PAOerfulone said:

Why are the voting sites even painting AZ red any longer? 

I am just hoping this schism manifests on the other side and we get four parties. 

Before, I thought four parties would've been a foolish pipedream, but now? Not so much.

Trump may break away from the GOP and start his own party, and take a considerable chunk of the Republican party with him. I don't think it's going to happen. The Republicans certainly don't want that and I'm sure Trump knows that doing that will only favor the Democrats and open the door for them run the board up in '22 and '24.

But if he does, then I could see, a little further down the road, the more progressive wing of the Democratic party (Sanders, AOC, etc.) break away from the Democratic party and form THEIR own party.

And in a situation where we would have four different competitive parties, the Electoral College would be damn near useless because it would be almost impossible for one party to reach 270 if there are 3 other parties they have to compete against instead of one.