By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Cobretti2 said:

You know what is scary and kind of impressive at the same time. All the arrests across the country.

Just shows how much the American government agencies knows about you and your identity.

In Australia we can't even find a criminal on CCTV footage without people calling in to identify them lol.

Actually what is more scary is how people have taken faces from events matched them up with FB and other social media and found those people.  Its not that the US government has such means to do this, common citizens also have the means and that would include across the world not just the US.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
JWeinCom said:

Clearly, these are all antifas pretending to be Trump supporters. 

None of this proves they were out to kill anyone. You have over a 100 mill trump supporters, many who feel theyhave been screwed over. I'm sure there are many. Hardcore supporters, yet no one has taken arms and gone to the streets guns firing. No terrorist attacks, in any of the 52 states.  Where is this fanatic outrage in the streets?? Their hero and the president , leader has called foul play and yet no riots in the streets. 

What about the 5 that died in the protest? Not a single tear was shed or ounce of care was given. So much for this idea of a united states and united people, or a president for the people. The realitiy is everyone is out for themselves, no one really cares for that other person, his or her history and what they have contributed to the country. A human is no more than something this is dispensable.  As long as you belong in the same camp is all that matters.  

This is a meme of Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants playing a sad song on the world's smallest violin. It is used when someone wants sympathy for something ridiculous. For example, when someone is like "Hey the rioting cultists deserve credit! They were so sad, and their cult leader told them he was screwed over, and after all that they only did ONE violent riot so far! Gold stars all around!"

I feel bad for the police officer who died. Wonder if his family would agree with your assessment that the rioters didn't mean any harm. As for the others, I feel bad they were mentally flawed to the point where they were there, but that's the extent to which my sympathy goes.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 14 January 2021

JWeinCom said:
KratosLives said:

None of this proves they were out to kill anyone. You have over a 100 mill trump supporters, many who feel theyhave been screwed over. I'm sure there are many. Hardcore supporters, yet no one has taken arms and gone to the streets guns firing. No terrorist attacks, in any of the 52 states.  Where is this fanatic outrage in the streets?? Their hero and the president , leader has called foul play and yet no riots in the streets. 

What about the 5 that died in the protest? Not a single tear was shed or ounce of care was given. So much for this idea of a united states and united people, or a president for the people. The realitiy is everyone is out for themselves, no one really cares for that other person, his or her history and what they have contributed to the country. A human is no more than something this is dispensable.  As long as you belong in the same camp is all that matters.  

It's website policy that videos should not be posted without explanation. Please include a brief description of the video's contents.

:P

Torillian said:
JWeinCom said:

It's website policy that videos should not be posted without explanation. Please include a brief description of the video's contents.

:P

Fixed.

vivster said:
KLAMarine said:

I don't find this unbelievable. What gave you such an impression?

Your defensiveness.

If they were on capitol grounds, that means they were part of a the violent mob. Even if they didn't get violent themselves they still got in on the back of people who were violent, implicitly condoning those actions.

Even off duty cops have the moral obligation to stop violence, rather than profiting from it.

"Even off duty cops have the moral obligation to stop violence, rather than profiting from it."

>I don't think this is so if police are heavily outnumbered: they can try to persuade people from going too far but getting too aggressive with a mob could potentially incite the mob further.

On-duty or off-duty, an officer should prioritize their own safety first. Everything else comes secondary.

One good thing about this latest mob is they weren't wearing masks: they could be picked up later after reviewing footage and photos from the attack.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
vivster said:

Your defensiveness.

If they were on capitol grounds, that means they were part of a the violent mob. Even if they didn't get violent themselves they still got in on the back of people who were violent, implicitly condoning those actions.

Even off duty cops have the moral obligation to stop violence, rather than profiting from it.

"Even off duty cops have the moral obligation to stop violence, rather than profiting from it."

>I don't think this is so if police are heavily outnumbered: they can try to persuade people from going too far but getting too aggressive with a mob could potentially incite the mob further.

On-duty or off-duty, an officer should prioritize their own safety first. Everything else comes secondary.

One good thing about this latest mob is they weren't wearing masks: they could be picked up later after reviewing footage and photos from the attack.

So then why would an officer walk with a violent mob? Why not just not be there? Why not just walk away as soon as the perimeter is breached? You know, for safety.

I can tell you why, because they were the same racist assholes as the mob and they wanted to be there, they wanted trouble.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
KLAMarine said:

So then why would an officer walk with a violent mob? Why not just not be there? Why not just walk away as soon as the perimeter is breached? You know, for safety.

I can tell you why, because they were the same racist assholes as the mob and they wanted to be there, they wanted trouble.

"So then why would an officer walk with a violent mob?"

>To keep an eye on them?

"Why not just not be there?"

>Maybe abandoning a post comes with serious repercussions?

"Why not just walk away as soon as the perimeter is breached? You know, for safety."

>Gotta try something? Quitters never win?

"I can tell you why, because they were the same racist assholes as the mob and they wanted to be there, they wanted trouble."

>Don't speak for others. It's not good form.

About 15,000 Nation Guard troops are being deployed to the Capitol for inauguration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/us/politics/national-guard-troops-armed-inauguration.html

Crazy times when you need to bring it a small army to the swearing in of a president in a developed nation because a dangerous cult has been conned into thinking he stole the election.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 January 2021

Trump staff caught looting the White House as they prepare to leave :/

I expected Republicans to try to impeach a Democrat president the next time they have power in response to Trump's two impeachments. I did not expect them to not even wait until he was in office or they had power:

Part of me wants this to be a real effort that won't be forgotten by next week so that no one will take them seriously the next time they try and cry wolf, but the other part doesn't want impeachment to become normalized and trivialized like so many other awful things have been thanks to this administration.