By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
MrWayne said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Don't know why I'm wasting time with such a horrible person like you that are only here to pick up fights, provoke and offend other people and look for endless arguments but there you go. I could look for more but again, you are not worthy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/12/statistical-quirk-means-coronavirus-pandemic-may-never-officially/

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-sweden-testing/thousands-of-swedes-got-false-positive-covid-19-result-due-to-test-kit-fault-idUKKBN25L1YU

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/news/cruise-ship-coronavirus-outbreak-greece-covid-19-latest-news/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/greek-fiasco-highlights-to-problem-with-false-positives/

Disclaimer for other people reading this, as I was painted as right wing nutjob that knows more than scientists: I definitely believe in the seriousness of covid-19, I use a mask all the time, pratice social distancing and even downloaded the UK govt app which allows them to track me 100% of the time, and also fulfilled my 15 day quarantine when I had to leave uk recently. My wife is pregnant and we are really scared of she contracting the virus as we dont know yet if there may be any implication on newborn babies when the mother contracted the virus. Also fake positives exist and it is happening a lot with football teams in south america for example. But for trump it is very unlikely this may happen as he probably got a team of scientists that can test him with the best technology available. As of right now reading the news he clearly got the virus and already got symptoms although mild.

There is actually a mathematical reason why there are so many false positive covid test.
Here's a good video explaining it.

Thanks man, that was a really nice video!

Around the Network

I will say that the phrasing "fake positive" gave me pause. I understood what was meant, but "fake" typically implies some intentionality. To say "fake positive" is to imply that there was someone who was forging test results, which I think we can all agree would be a claim that would very much require sourcing. I would advise those who are speaking on this matter to use the correct phrasing of "false positive" instead if you want to avoid raising eyebrows and potentially coming across as a bit of a conspiracy nut.

sundin13 said:
I will say that the phrasing "fake positive" gave me pause. I understood what was meant, but "fake" typically implies some intentionality. To say "fake positive" is to imply that there was someone who was forging test results, which I think we can all agree would be a claim that would very much require sourcing. I would advise those who are speaking on this matter to use the correct phrasing of "false positive" instead if you want to avoid raising eyebrows and potentially coming across as a bit of a conspiracy nut.

I think you're splitting hairs here tbh. Also remember that English is not everyone's first language, and that's quite a subtle distinction.

JWeinCom said:
sundin13 said:

I think you're splitting hairs here tbh. Also remember that English is not everyone's first language, and that's quite a subtle distinction.

Oh, I certainly don't blame anyone for using the wrong phrasing. I just wanted to explain why the original statement made me do a quick double take.

JWeinCom said:

I actually don't think we should eat pork. Not because the torah/bible forbids it, but because pigs are exceptionally intelligent creatures who are more intelligent than dogs. But I'm also a hypocrite who loves bacon... so... take what I say with a grain of salt, but I don't think it should be included with those other truly abhorrent ideas.

I believe we should eat whatever we choose to eat.
I am on a low-carb, high fat, moderate protein diet... And Pork will fits into my daily Macros really well.

And you are correct, they are extremely intelligence animals, probably more so than most politicians.

Rab said:

If only he didn't take the test, he wouldn't have had the virus  

He must have forgotten to inject some bleach or take Hydroxychloroquine.

MrWayne said:
I hope Trump has only mild symptoms and will soon be healthy again.

I don't like to see anyone suffer... But jesus christ did he make that bed...

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
sundin13 said:

No, he's right. There's a reason why the term "false positive" is used and not "fake positive" in the medical world. There is a crystal clear difference in implications there. "Fake positive" used in a medical setting is wording that will likely end up with people going to court.

The correct terminology needs to be used.

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 02 October 2020

Trump's coronavirus infection is a case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes." He not only failed in formulating a national response, but after he said to leave it up to the states, he tried to undermine the measures taken up by states that he didn't agree with, especially by Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan. He also made a point of flouting precautions at almost every public event, including visits to factories, encouraging his followers to do the same.

And you can damn well bet that he's not taking Plaquenil for the infection, nor is the demon sperm doctor a part of his medical team. 

Pemalite said:
JWeinCom said:

I actually don't think we should eat pork. Not because the torah/bible forbids it, but because pigs are exceptionally intelligent creatures who are more intelligent than dogs. But I'm also a hypocrite who loves bacon... so... take what I say with a grain of salt, but I don't think it should be included with those other truly abhorrent ideas.

I believe we should eat whatever we choose to eat.
I am on a low-carb, high fat, moderate protein diet... And Pork will fits into my daily Macros really well.

And you are correct, they are extremely intelligence animals, probably more so than most politicians.

Rab said:

If only he didn't take the test, he wouldn't have had the virus  

He must have forgotten to inject some bleach or take Hydroxychloroquine.

MrWayne said:
I hope Trump has only mild symptoms and will soon be healthy again.

I don't like to see anyone suffer... But jesus christ did he make that bed...

I'm not going to enforce dietary restrictions on anyone, especially as I do eat pork.

But when you're saying that the Bible advocates for things like stoning children to death, punishing apostates, slavery, and not eating pork... One of those things is not like the other. All I'm saying.

sundin13 said:

Thanks for the tip, will make sure I use the correct wording, although to be honest I believe it is pretty easy to understand what I meant and this is definitely not the reason why I was requested to provide evidence.

If you are curious, in portuguese we would mostly use the same word for fake and/or false, the same word is can be used for something that is just incorrect (true or false questions for example) but also for something that is deliberately fake implying intention, like for example fake news. Will take care to not commit the same mistake again.

sundin13 said:
Machiavellian said:

Well he doesn't have to go on any more debates.  He may believe it will get him the sympathy vote.  Maybe all the liberals wanting him to die will make them look bad so he can get a few more votes there or he can tout his vaccine and hydroxychloroquine/Zinc combo as a cure and comeback saying how he was right.  There are a lot of angles he could play this so it should be interesting to see how things shake out in the next 2 weeks.

Edit:  I just noticed that his doctor said the President is asymptomatic so we can be sure nothing harmful will happen to him, instead this could be more a political play then we thought.

No debates helps Biden far more than it helps Trump. Trump basically needs Biden to make a big error at the debates so if Biden can use this to cancel the second (and maybe even the third) debate, that is a huge win for him. Either way though, I can only see this as helping Biden, either by increasing the stability of the race, or by emphasizing how bad the President's handling of the virus really is. 

I do agree that debates can really only hurt Biden while Trump needs them more than he does unless he is having some issues that could show up during the debates that could make him appear unfit.  During the debates he was sweating pretty fierce so that could have been CORVID hitting him with a fever.  Truly this would one of those hail Mary type of plays if he were faking it but with the President, I just cannot put this beyond him trying to do.