By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Machiavellian said:
JWeinCom said:

His doctor has sent a press release. Don't think he'd lie about this anyway. Don't see it helping him.

Well he doesn't have to go on any more debates.  He may believe it will get him the sympathy vote.  Maybe all the liberals wanting him to die will make them look bad so he can get a few more votes there or he can tout his vaccine and hydroxychloroquine/Zinc combo as a cure and comeback saying how he was right.  There are a lot of angles he could play this so it should be interesting to see how things shake out in the next 2 weeks.

Edit:  I just noticed that his doctor said the President is asymptomatic so we can be sure nothing harmful will happen to him, instead this could be more a political play then we thought.

I don't think it would be a good ploy by Trump unless it result in an election delay, which Trump actually want but I think it is too late at this point as hundreds of thousands votes have already been cast. 

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 02 October 2020

Around the Network

I hope Trump has only mild symptoms and will soon be healthy again.

JWeinCom said:

Donald Trump and Melania Trump Have Tested Positive For Covid-19

Donald Trump announced via Twitter that he has tested positive for Coronavirus.

I'll take some time to collect my thoughts, but obviously this race has completely changed.

I'm sure there are going to be strong opinions on both sides. I've already brought up in the mod chat the possibility of setting standards for how discussing this. For now, I will say that to be on the safe side, you should avoid taking joy in a person contracting a life threatening disease or wishing for death of another individual. That is NOT the official stance of the moderation team, but you surely won't get in trouble following that advice. 

Naw, fuck that. This is Karma. Ya don't get to actively downplay a pandemic and not get laughed at when you contract the virus. Fuck him.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Pemalite said:
haxxiy said:

When it comes to the law and legal matters, the law of the land trumps culture, beliefs and all else until challenged in a court of law.
For example, same-sex marriage went against Australian/American culture at one point due to their strong right-wing conservative religious power bases, but equality got pushed front and center, conservative culture be damned... And as nations we are better for it.
Change shouldn't always be discouraged.
Change for the sake of change that reduces the benefit to society and it's people should be discouraged.

It's interesting you bring up religion though, because I believe all abrahamic religion to be deplorable in some form, there is a reason why Islam, Judaism and Christianity are derived from the same middle-eastern religious context.
What I have issues with is hypocritical Christians constantly moaning about Islam, but will turn a blind eye to the fact the bible believes in stoning children to death, that we should not eat pork, that it's okay to own slaves... And that we should punish apostasy.
All the same bullshit with a different package essentially... And yes there are Christian denominations that believe and support the old testament in it's literal form.

But we do need to respect peoples rights to 'freedom of religion' as well as peoples rights to 'freedom FROM religion'. - And we do need to crack down hard when religious institutions break the law, no exceptions.
Religion is a part of our cultures, I am happy to learn about it, I'm not going to follow it though until they can prove their Gods exists with empirical evidence.
And I will most certainly fight religion if it encroaches on anyone's freedom.

I'm glad that you think that way. It's just that I feel more people should read Karl Popper sometimes, and be very wary of societies where oppressive and exploitative behavior are ingrained very deep into their core. And confront them without as much as they do within their own nations.

So yeah, the main point is basically a protest against cultural relativism.

Edit - and call that another form of supremacy if you will, but I don't see women, minorities, etc. that conform with exploitative ideas any differently than I see someone mentally ill with Stockholm's syndrome or perhaps indulging in some form of brainwashed masochism. In a free society, people shouldn't be able to "choose" to be oppressed as much as they choose to jump off a bridge or cut their wrists.

Last edited by haxxiy - on 02 October 2020

MrWayne said:

Considering that most people dont even get symptoms and there is a lot of fake positives, maybe he wont even get sick at all. Which would be bad for him because he needs the debates to try to force Biden to make a mistake. But even if there is a mistake it is already probably too late for him.

Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:
MrWayne said:

Considering that most people dont even get symptoms and there is a lot of fake positives, maybe he wont even get sick at all. Which would be bad for him because he needs the debates to try to force Biden to make a mistake. But even if there is a mistake it is already probably too late for him.

*Citation needed.

You're gonna have to quantify this statement with evidence because I'm PRETTY sure that sounds like some right-wing nutjob conspiracy 'it's just the common flu' style nonsense. I'd need to see some pretty significant proof to back this claim, since it seems like you think you know better than the doctors and scientists who literally do this shit for a living. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Machiavellian said:
JWeinCom said:

His doctor has sent a press release. Don't think he'd lie about this anyway. Don't see it helping him.

Well he doesn't have to go on any more debates.  He may believe it will get him the sympathy vote.  Maybe all the liberals wanting him to die will make them look bad so he can get a few more votes there or he can tout his vaccine and hydroxychloroquine/Zinc combo as a cure and comeback saying how he was right.  There are a lot of angles he could play this so it should be interesting to see how things shake out in the next 2 weeks.

Edit:  I just noticed that his doctor said the President is asymptomatic so we can be sure nothing harmful will happen to him, instead this could be more a political play then we thought.

At the very least he can't campaign for two weeks. He's behind and needs to change things.

There is no way that it benefits Trump to have coronavirus be central issue of the campaign. Particularly when people have already been critical of his response, and this doesn't make him look like he is competent at handling the crisis. Quite the opposite. 

He was asymptomatic at the time but not the word is he has mild symptoms.

Runa216 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

*Citation needed.

You're gonna have to quantify this statement with evidence because I'm PRETTY sure that sounds like some right-wing nutjob conspiracy 'it's just the common flu' style nonsense. I'd need to see some pretty significant proof to back this claim, since it seems like you think you know better than the doctors and scientists who literally do this shit for a living. 

This is not a "right-wing nutjob conspiracy". Every test can have two possible failures, a false negative outcome and a false positive outcome, the problem is when you minimise one of those failures you at the same time increase the possibility of the other failiur.

In the case of covid tests it is incredibly important to minimise false negative failures because it would be catastrophic if a tested person with a negative test is infected with the virus, it would be impossible to quarantine people and trace the spread of the virus. The downside is that many people are false positive.

Now that being said, I don't think that Trump is false positive because tests are still very very accurate and he got probably tested multiple times.

Edit: mathematical explanation

Last edited by MrWayne - on 02 October 2020

Runa216 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

*Citation needed.

Don't know why I'm wasting time with such a horrible person like you that are only here to pick up fights, provoke and offend other people and look for endless arguments but there you go. I could look for more but again, you are not worthy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/12/statistical-quirk-means-coronavirus-pandemic-may-never-officially/

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-sweden-testing/thousands-of-swedes-got-false-positive-covid-19-result-due-to-test-kit-fault-idUKKBN25L1YU

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/news/cruise-ship-coronavirus-outbreak-greece-covid-19-latest-news/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/greek-fiasco-highlights-to-problem-with-false-positives/

Disclaimer for other people reading this, as I was painted as right wing nutjob that knows more than scientists: I definitely believe in the seriousness of covid-19, I use a mask all the time, pratice social distancing and even downloaded the UK govt app which allows them to track me 100% of the time, and also fulfilled my 15 day quarantine when I had to leave uk recently. My wife is pregnant and we are really scared of she contracting the virus as we dont know yet if there may be any implication on newborn babies when the mother contracted the virus. Also fake positives exist and it is happening a lot with football teams in south america for example. But for trump it is very unlikely this may happen as he probably got a team of scientists that can test him with the best technology available. As of right now reading the news he clearly got the virus and already got symptoms although mild.

EnricoPallazzo said:
Runa216 said:

*Citation needed.

Don't know why I'm wasting time with such a horrible person like you that are only here to pick up fights, provoke and offend other people and look for endless arguments but there you go. I could look for more but again, you are not worthy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/12/statistical-quirk-means-coronavirus-pandemic-may-never-officially/

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-sweden-testing/thousands-of-swedes-got-false-positive-covid-19-result-due-to-test-kit-fault-idUKKBN25L1YU

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/news/cruise-ship-coronavirus-outbreak-greece-covid-19-latest-news/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/greek-fiasco-highlights-to-problem-with-false-positives/

Disclaimer for other people reading this, as I was painted as right wing nutjob that knows more than scientists: I definitely believe in the seriousness of covid-19, I use a mask all the time, pratice social distancing and even downloaded the UK govt app which allows them to track me 100% of the time, and also fulfilled my 15 day quarantine when I had to leave uk recently. My wife is pregnant and we are really scared of she contracting the virus as we dont know yet if there may be any implication on newborn babies when the mother contracted the virus. Also fake positives exist and it is happening a lot with football teams in south america for example. But for trump it is very unlikely this may happen as he probably got a team of scientists that can test him with the best technology available. As of right now reading the news he clearly got the virus and already got symptoms although mild.

There is actually a mathematical reason why there are so many false positive covid test.
Here's a good video explaining it.