Bofferbrauer2 said:

I just wanted to put this video here, very informative about how healthcare works and where's the problem about the discourse about it in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TaL7OhveM

Long story short, it's not just about the healthcare in and itself, much more goes on around that isn't mentioned (and often forgotten by foreigners since we don't really think about that stuff).

I take umbrage at some parts of that video.

Firstly, the English healthcare system is shit and the Japanese one is one of the best in the world? no. Granted I lived in one of the most affluent areas of England, so maybe the service is worse in poor areas, but even then in England you get healthcare. Have no money/job? No problem. They won't even ask, you'll get your healthcare free just like anybody else. In Japan if you want healthcare, they'll be like "money please". Which is just like "why the fuck am I paying monthly for a health insurance card if I'm just going to be charged again when I actually want healthcare?" Stupid system.

Secondly, why does it portray better food health/safety requirements as a bad thing? I mean, the government should be making sure companies don't put dodgy unhealthy shit in the food they sell regardless of whether the country has a public health care system or not.

Thirdly, how big of an issue is the matter of funding anyway though? Yeah, I'm sure some people would kick up a fuss about an extra tax. But let's be honest, the majority of people would be paying less in taxes to fund a public health care system than they currently pay for private health care.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I just wanted to put this video here, very informative about how healthcare works and where's the problem about the discourse about it in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1TaL7OhveM

Long story short, it's not just about the healthcare in and itself, much more goes on around that isn't mentioned (and often forgotten by foreigners since we don't really think about that stuff).

I take umbrage at some parts of that video.

Firstly, the English healthcare system is shit and the Japanese one is one of the best in the world? no. Granted I lived in one of the most affluent areas of England, so maybe the service is worse in poor areas, but even then in England you get healthcare. Have no money/job? No problem. They won't even ask, you'll get your healthcare free just like anybody else. In Japan if you want healthcare, they'll be like "money please". Which is just like "why the fuck am I paying monthly for a health insurance card if I'm just going to be charged again when I actually want healthcare?" Stupid system.

Secondly, why does it portray better food health/safety requirements as a bad thing? I mean, the government should be making sure companies don't put dodgy unhealthy shit in the food they sell regardless of whether the country has a public health care system or not.

Thirdly, how big of an issue is the matter of funding anyway though? Yeah, I'm sure some people would kick up a fuss about an extra tax. But let's be honest, the majority of people would be paying less in taxes to fund a public health care system than they currently pay for private health care.

I didn't feel like they portrayed food and safety requirements as a bad thing. Rather, it's portrayed as something that Americans at large would probably qualify as an infringement on their personal freedom, and thus would be considered very unpopular by them. Same thing for the funding problem.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - 3 days ago

vivster said:
LurkerJ said:

Biden Tells Black Trump Supporters 'You Ain't Black'

That's terrible to say 

A terrible thing to say, but the core message is correct.

Ah the good 'ole "Black Republicans = Uncle Tom" trope comes slithering back into frame.



May 2020 Articles:

https://www.darkstation.com/reviews/doug-hates-his-job-review (Doug Hates His Job Review - 1/5 Stars)

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/443538/daymare-1998-xone/ (Daymare: 1998 Review - 4/10)

coolbeans said:
vivster said:

A terrible thing to say, but the core message is correct.

Ah the good 'ole "Black Republicans = Uncle Tom" trope comes slithering back into frame.

It actually has not much to do with color. What Biden means is perfectly encapsulated in this subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/

tldr; it's not a good idea to vote for a politician who wants only the worst for you.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think with this whole Biden's "you ain't black" fiasco going on, it is a good time to take a look at some comments from Trump from last year:

President Donald Trump on Wednesday doubled down on referring to Jews who vote for Democrats as "very disloyal" to Israel, invoking a dual loyalty trope widely viewed as anti-Semitic.

“In my opinion, the Democrats have gone very far away from Israel. I cannot understand how they can do that,” Trump told reporters from the White House South Lawn on Wednesday. “They don’t want to fund Israel. They want to take away foreign aid to Israel. They want to do a lot of bad things to Israel. In my opinion, you vote for a Democrat, you’re being very disloyal to Jewish people and very disloyal to Israel."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-doubles-down-calling-jewish-democrats-disloyal-israel-n1044861

Trump has made very similar comments about Jews with complete seriousness, and doubled down on them and now he and his supporters think they have room to criticize Biden? Again, I believe that Biden should be criticized when he says something inappropriate, but it is very important to keep some context in our heads and not give Trump the moral high ground because he has already said so much stupid, inappropriate shit that we barely bat an eye anymore.



Around the Network
sundin13 said:

I think with this whole Biden's "you ain't black" fiasco going on, it is a good time to take a look at some comments from Trump from last year:

President Donald Trump on Wednesday doubled down on referring to Jews who vote for Democrats as "very disloyal" to Israel, invoking a dual loyalty trope widely viewed as anti-Semitic.

“In my opinion, the Democrats have gone very far away from Israel. I cannot understand how they can do that,” Trump told reporters from the White House South Lawn on Wednesday. “They don’t want to fund Israel. They want to take away foreign aid to Israel. They want to do a lot of bad things to Israel. In my opinion, you vote for a Democrat, you’re being very disloyal to Jewish people and very disloyal to Israel."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-doubles-down-calling-jewish-democrats-disloyal-israel-n1044861

Trump has made very similar comments about Jews with complete seriousness, and doubled down on them and now he and his supporters think they have room to criticize Biden? Again, I believe that Biden should be criticized when he says something inappropriate, but it is very important to keep some context in our heads and not give Trump the moral high ground because he has already said so much stupid, inappropriate shit that we barely bat an eye anymore.

Different scenario, Israel depends on the United States to keep them protected and if we don't they will be obliterated. A lot of jewish people in the United States have friends or family in Israel. Obama and the democrats on the other hand helped Iran to get nuclear weapons and stopped supporting Israel. Israel is one of our true allies and a country that produced brilliant people who helped the United States. In contrast, if you have ever been in a Democrat city like Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, ect, you can see how the Democrats ultimately hurted the black community. With BS political correctness and social programs that makes them rely on the government instead of themselves which stunted the communities growth.

Last edited by Snoopy - 2 days ago

Now that Beloved Leader is personally responsible for over 58 220 deaths during his botched handling of the Trumpandemic, let it no longer be said that his personal Vietnam was avoiding AIDS.  No, too many of his fellow countrymen have been pointlessly killed for that to remain true.



vivster said:
LurkerJ said:

Biden Tells Black Trump Supporters 'You Ain't Black'

That's terrible to say 

A terrible thing to say, but the core message is correct.

Nah, it was a very stupid thing to say and I would have figured Trump to say something along those lines first.  Biden will burn with those comments and it may come back to haunt him.  Depends on voter turnout or non- turnout.



Bidens comments were really dumb and could cause some people to sit out or vote elsewhere. Cause honestly rhetoric aside the Trump administration has been pretty beneficial towards African Americans in terms of the economy, hbcu's and federal prison reform.



Since we are now opening the economy back up slowly, I guess we can say this lockdown is pretty much pointless.