By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hiku said:
KLXVER said:

Im not saying its justified at all. Im just saying dont resist arrest and you will most likely be fine. Then you can take the cops to court afterwards if you feel you have been wronged.

Yeah, but that 'most likely' has become a problem when some idiots in the force (minority, but a very loud one) cause these incidents that perpetuate the fear of police.

There are a lot of things to look over when it comes to how their recruit and train people.

There is, but the police are being defunded now, so they cant really be as picky anymore. I mean who wants to become a cop nowadays?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
sundin13 said:

Yeah, seems like you should be able to notice that there are deep systemic issues in our policing system causing black people to be disproportionately targeted by the police, and our criminal justice system which gives black people longer sentences for the same crimes and even our laws, many of which were built on a foundation of racism such as the criminalization of marijuana and the crack/powder cocaine sentencing disparity...

Seems like that would be hard to miss if you weren't purposely closing your eyes to it...

Like I have said before. More unarmed white people are killed by police every year. Now you can argue poor training or excessive training to the point of paranoia, but its not racism. 

Now black people getting longer sentences is something I can agree on. Why that is, I dont know, but it should be investigated more.

63.4% of the population is White

13.4% of the population is Black

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the population group that is almost five times bigger has more victims. That is a non-argument.

Jumpin said:

THIS is America

Looks like the knee was on his back, not his neck. And he says "guns blazin'"? I don't think a single officer opened fire.

Additional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQfM-bjhF2k

By the way, the US is a nation of 300,000,000+, I don't think just one clip does the entire country any justice. Let's try to remedy that, just a little bit...

This is America too:

https://www.boredpanda.com/george-floyd-police-brutality-protest/

Here's video of another police--non-police interaction. Nothing overly dramatic happened so don't expect to see this in the evening news:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQocWDkJGWw

Here's another video. Shit can get scary when you're a cop. Suspect shot in the back, an autopsy will certainly find but that doesn't tell the whole story. Thankfully, we've got video tech!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTPuJP01hY0

sundin13 said:
KLXVER said:

Im not saying its justified at all. Im just saying dont resist arrest and you will most likely be fine. Then you can take the cops to court afterwards if you feel you have been wronged.

But why does any of this actually matter?

Like, "How Not To Get Murdered" pro tips are great and all but what point are you trying to make? Unless you are justifying the killings, what are you arguing?

You seem to think police officers only arrest family members they have known for several years. You dont know what a person is capable of. You always have to be on your guard. Your life can end at any second. None of us can even imagine the pressure of being a police officer. They can make mistakes. Whatever they can do to reduce that is great, but its easy for us to point fingers while watching a video from the comfort of our own home. People are not perfect. And believe it or not police officers are in the end just people. 

Like the person who resisted arrest, walked to his car holding what looks like a knife and reached inside. Now do you shoot or do you wait? They had already tried tackling him to the ground. What if he was reaching for a gun? What if the police officers were all killed? Then it would just be another day. Lets find another case so we can show how nasty and racist these police officers is! Resisting arrest is a felony. Youre giving the cop the ok to shoot you at that point. Dont do it.

sundin13 said:
KLXVER said:

Like I have said before. More unarmed white people are killed by police every year. Now you can argue poor training or excessive training to the point of paranoia, but its not racism. 

Now black people getting longer sentences is something I can agree on. Why that is, I dont know, but it should be investigated more.

63.4% of the population is White

13.4% of the population is Black

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the population group that is almost five times bigger has more victims. That is a non-argument.

You cant be that naive to use those stats. I refuse to believe you have never heard why those stats are silly to use.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
sundin13 said:

But why does any of this actually matter?

Like, "How Not To Get Murdered" pro tips are great and all but what point are you trying to make? Unless you are justifying the killings, what are you arguing?

You seem to think police officers only arrest family members they have known for several years. You dont know what a person is capable of. You always have to be on your guard. Your life can end at any second. None of us can even imagine the pressure of being a police officer. They can make mistakes. Whatever they can do to reduce that is great, but its easy for us to point fingers while watching a video from the comfort of our own home. People are not perfect. And believe it or not police officers are in the end just people. 

Like the person who resisted arrest, walked to his car holding what looks like a knife and reached inside. Now do you shoot or do you wait? They had already tried tackling him to the ground. What if he was reaching for a gun? What if the police officers were all killed? Then it would just be another day. Lets find another case so we can show how nasty and racist these police officers is! Resisting arrest is a felony. Youre giving the cop the ok to shoot you at that point. Dont do it.

You: Im not saying its justified at all. 

Also You: Youre giving the cop the ok to shoot you at that point. 

How in the actual fuck is this entire post not justifying murder? This is fucking gross. 

I'm done.

sundin13 said:
KLXVER said:

How in the actual fuck is this entire post not justifying murder? This is fucking gross. 

I'm done.

Well if thats how you see it, then fair enough. I cant be any clearer, so maybe its my fault.

Hiku said:
KLXVER said:

There is, but the police are being defunded now, so they cant really be as picky anymore. I mean who wants to become a cop nowadays?

From my understanding there are a few that chose to go that route. One city (or state?) proposed to rebuild their police system from the ground up.
But iirc, the vast majority have announced no changes.

The few hours they train them to de-escalate situations in USA stands out.
As does the amount of training they get in general compared to other professions that are not dealing with life and death situations.

Have to wonder why they feel they need grenade launchers in a school.

There are a few places it has happened or are about to happen. Im all for more training, but Im just not sure how much is too little and how much is too much if you know what I mean. Its just an impossible job. Mandatory bodycams is the best solution I can come up with, but Im sure there are better answers.

No idea why they feel they need a grenade launcher at a school though.lol

KLXVER said:
sundin13 said:

I'm done.

Well if thats how you see it, then fair enough. I cant be any clearer, so maybe its my fault.

I think what you're saying is that the criminal should also be held responsible for their actions, rather than just throwing 100% of the blame on police and solely focusing on what they can do better. If that's the case then I agree.

In this recent incident with Blake, the cops didn't do a good enough job restraining the guy, pretty much just allowed him to walk to his car and only took action at the last moment. There were at least 2 cops, I think it's fair to say they should have been able to prevent it from going that far.

However, this also could have been prevented if Blake was not a criminal in the first place. Crazy thought I know! He wasn't targeted simply for existing with black skin but because he was a known criminal currently engaged in criminal activity. But who cares about all that, he was black, the cop who shot him was white, so clearly it's all about race and now we gotta destroy random businesses to punish those bad cops! We gotta show we support black lives by supporting criminals who hurt black lives! /s

Lonely_Dolphin said:
KLXVER said:

I think what you're saying is that the criminal should also be held responsible for their actions, rather than just throwing 100% of the blame on police and solely focusing on what they can do better. If that's the case then I agree.

In this recent incident with Blake, the cops didn't do a good enough job restraining the guy, pretty much just allowed him to walk to his car and only took action at the last moment. There were at least 2 cops, I think it's fair to say they should have been able to prevent it from going that far.

However, this also could have been prevented if Blake was not a criminal in the first place. Crazy thought I know! He wasn't targeted simply for existing with black skin but because he was a known criminal currently engaged in criminal activity. But who cares about all that, he was black, the cop who shot him was white, so clearly it's all about race and now we gotta destroy random businesses to punish those bad cops! We gotta show we support black lives by supporting criminals who hurt black lives! /s

Yes. You are better at explaining things than me. Glad you got it though. Many feel you solely have to be on the police side or the criminal side. Its just when you see these shootings and in almost every case the person is resisting arrest. Why would you ever do that? I mean how many examples do you need before you get that its a bad idea? The police are still not always in the right. There are cases where they get a bit too trigger happy. But so many deaths could have been prevented by just following the police officers commands.