By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/us/jacob-blake-kenosha-wisconsin-shooting-wednesday/index.html

The officers were dispatched to a home in Kenosha after a woman called police saying "her boyfriend was present and was not supposed to be on the premises," the DCI said.
It's unclear whether the caller was referring to Blake...

The cops only had a suspect. You'd think they would ya know ask this woman if Blake was the right guy and relay this to the news crews, but apparently they didn't. His attorneys say he was trying to break up a fight between two women.

Blake appears to have told officers that he had a knife in his possession, the DCI said. Investigators later "recovered a knife from the driver's side floorboard"

But

Kenosha Police Department does not have body cameras, therefore the officers were not wearing body cameras

And

Authorities also did not discuss how exactly the officers came into contact with Blake.

Good thing cops NEVER EVER plant evidence or make shit up to cover their asses!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/20/538279258/baltimore-police-caught-planting-drugs-in-body-cam-footage-public-defender-says

Oops

Last edited by Mr_Destiny - on 27 August 2020

Around the Network

And here's Kenosha's top cop two years ago advocating the excision of society's "cancer" by locking up "the garbage people that fill up our communities" (re: robbers) for life before they become stereotypical deadbeat dads who "get ten other women pregnant"...

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/kenosha-county-sheriff-david-beth-apologizes-for-heated-comments-made-about-theft-chase-suspects

Good thing he mentioned this applies to people of all races, at a press conference about the arrest of five black suspects.

And there's no way this absolutist viewpoint trickled down to the rest of the force, thank goodness.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
KLXVER said:

Well if thats how you see it, then fair enough. I cant be any clearer, so maybe its my fault.

I think what you're saying is that the criminal should also be held responsible for their actions, rather than just throwing 100% of the blame on police and solely focusing on what they can do better. If that's the case then I agree.

In this recent incident with Blake, the cops didn't do a good enough job restraining the guy, pretty much just allowed him to walk to his car and only took action at the last moment. There were at least 2 cops, I think it's fair to say they should have been able to prevent it from going that far.

However, this also could have been prevented if Blake was not a criminal in the first place. Crazy thought I know! He wasn't targeted simply for existing with black skin but because he was a known criminal currently engaged in criminal activity. But who cares about all that, he was black, the cop who shot him was white, so clearly it's all about race and now we gotta destroy random businesses to punish those bad cops! We gotta show we support black lives by supporting criminals who hurt black lives! /s

Even if he's a criminal:

- The police is not supposed to be judge jury and executioner.

- They are supposed to be trained to avoid escalating the situation.

- The outrage stems from long-standing and documented cases of discrimination nationwide.

Last edited by Moren - on 27 August 2020

So we know the cops sometimes pull people over solely because they're black: http://web.archive.org/web/20200721071422/https://news.stanford.edu/press-releases/2020/05/05/veil-darkness-reas-traffic-stops/

But Did You Know? "Homes of similar quality in neighborhoods with similar amenities are worth 23 percent less ($48,000 per home on average, amounting to $156 billion in cumulative losses) in majority black neighborhoods, compared to those with very few or no black residents."

http://web.archive.org/web/20200823145854/https://www.brookings.edu/research/devaluation-of-assets-in-black-neighborhoods/

Home appraisers (sub?)consciously lowball the value of black peoples' homes? Sounds like...structural racism!!! Or maybe these drivers and homeowners are just trying to get their racism hustle on. Who knows?

Is there a Racism General thread? I'm worried I might be spamming with all this crap I'm finding.

Last edited by Mr_Destiny - on 27 August 2020

So a Kyle Rittenhouse from Illinois has been arrested for murder in the recent shooting in Kenosha. It's truly amazing how unarmed black men can be killed for literally any reason by police and yet somehow they're able to bring all these armed white killers in alive and well...

Coincidentally, I used to work with and for a Rittenhouse family in central Illinois some ten years ago. I don't know yet if there's any relation and I'm curious to find out, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is. Old Rit seemed okay but was a bit of a blowhard. His son (never met) supposedly did time for helping his friend dispose of his murdered girlfriends' body. His grandson was the biggest, most entitled douchebag I ever met. Haven't spoken with any of them in years, but I'll be keeping an eye out. Just feels weird that this might be hitting a little close to home.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
So a Kyle Rittenhouse from Illinois has been arrested for murder in the recent shooting in Kenosha. It's truly amazing how unarmed black men can be killed for literally any reason by police and yet somehow they're able to bring all these armed white killers in alive and well...

Coincidentally, I used to work with and for a Rittenhouse family in central Illinois some ten years ago. I don't know yet if there's any relation and I'm curious to find out, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is. Old Rit seemed okay but was a bit of a blowhard. His son (never met) supposedly did time for helping his friend dispose of his murdered girlfriends' body. His grandson was the biggest, most entitled douchebag I ever met. Haven't spoken with any of them in years, but I'll be keeping an eye out. Just feels weird that this might be hitting a little close to home.

So they should kill him to make it fair? Most criminals are arrested and taken to prison. Lets not go down this road of comparisons. 

KLXVER said:
TallSilhouette said:

So they should kill him to make it fair? Most criminals are arrested and taken to prison. Lets not go down this road of comparisons. 

No, they shouldn't be so trigger happy with anyone. The fact that they can take so many armed white killers in alive demonstrates how unnecessary many of these black killings are as well as how selective their restraint is. 'Not going down this road of comparisons' just ignores the issue.

TallSilhouette said:

That kid called 911 after the shootings so I suppose he gave himself in. He was also fleeing from everyone he shot I don't think he was on a killing spree, I'm guess he thought it was self-defence. For some reason these protesters thought it was a good idea to charge some holding an assault rifle. 

Not defending his actions. But what a crazy and fucked up country.

Still, the point you're trying to make is odd. Police also kill white people in questionable circumstances and arrest armed black people without shooting them too.

Edit. Here's all the footage from the shooting and the kid turning himself in. I warn you though, it's graphic content, nstw.

https://files.catbox.moe/t64m9x.mp4

What the actual fuck..

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 27 August 2020

Mr_Destiny said:
And here's Kenosha's top cop two years ago advocating the excision of society's "cancer" by locking up "the garbage people that fill up our communities" (re: robbers) for life before they become stereotypical deadbeat dads who "get ten other women pregnant"...

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/kenosha-county-sheriff-david-beth-apologizes-for-heated-comments-made-about-theft-chase-suspects

Good thing he mentioned this applies to people of all races, at a press conference about the arrest of five black suspects.

And there's no way this absolutist viewpoint trickled down to the rest of the force, thank goodness.

I cop who sees criminals as deadbeat garbage, what a shocker! After an incident where they crashed cars on 16-year-old mother.

TallSilhouette said:
KLXVER said:

No, they shouldn't be so trigger happy with anyone. The fact that they can take so many armed white killers in alive demonstrates how unnecessary many of these black killings are as well as how selective their restraint is. 'Not going down this road of comparisons' just ignores the issue.

Yeah, ok. Keep comparing then. Hope you solve racism. Good luck.