By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KLXVER said:
Runa216 said:

Really? Gonna use stats from nationalvanguard: "National Vanguard is an American white nationalistneo-Nazi organization based in Charlottesville, Virginia, founded in 2005 by Kevin Alfred Strom and former members of the National Alliance"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Vanguard_(American_organization)

I just searched and that is what came up. Dont take their words for it. Use the Bureau of Justice Statistics that they got their information from.

Don't be a coward, just say "I think that black people get shot to a disproportionate degree because they commit a disproportionate amount of crime" so we can move on and have a discussion from that point instead of this wishy washy bullshit. 

Edit: Try to do it without the "despite" quote though, that will probably help. 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Runa216 said:

Really? Gonna use stats from nationalvanguard: "National Vanguard is an American white nationalistneo-Nazi organization based in Charlottesville, Virginia, founded in 2005 by Kevin Alfred Strom and former members of the National Alliance"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Vanguard_(American_organization)

I just searched and that is what came up. Dont take their words for it. Use the Bureau of Justice Statistics that they got their information from.

Therein lies your problem and why I'm so averse to the idea of engaging with you. you google searched, took the first resource you found that supported your claim, and didn't to any research to see if your source was reliable and unbiased. If you actually presented information or views from those who could be trusted, I'd respect the points you push more. 

This is entirely why this sort of topic is so volatile. 

And yes, I used to be the same way. I used to do the same 'search until you find a source that agrees with me' kind of person. That's not how proper debate and discussion is made. That's how inflammatory arguments and tribalism is perpetuated. Please do better.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Torillian said:
KLXVER said:

Don't be a coward, just say "I think that black people get shot to a disproportionate degree because they commit a disproportionate amount of crime" so we can move on and have a discussion from that point instead of this wishy washy bullshit. 

Well thats what I get for trying to prove my opinion instead of just saying it. People dont want to see it and a racist website is the first thing that shows up when searching for stats.lol

Its just a bit hard to come out and say it sometimes. I know its statistically correct, but its an uncomfortable truth.

Torillian said:
KLXVER said:

That long post I made with the numbers in 2017, 2018, and 2019 was one I initially researched for a reddit thread a week or so ago. someone actually did say 'well blacks are more prone to crime and that's why they're justifiably persecuted more'. I just noped the fuck outta that topic. I can't engage with such blatantly bigoted a narrative. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

KLXVER said:
Torillian said:

Well thats what I get for trying to prove my opinion instead of just saying it. People dont want to see it and a racist website is the first thing that shows up when searching for stats.lol

Its just a bit hard to come out and say it sometimes. I know its statistically correct, but its an uncomfortable truth.

This SHOULD be a learning opportunity for you to be better. When you are citing resources from a literal neo-nazi site, maybe that should tell you that your views are...wrong? I mean, I wouldn't want to be associated with nazis, do you? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
KLXVER said:

This SHOULD be a learning opportunity for you to be better. When you are citing resources from a literal neo-nazi site, maybe that should tell you that your views are...wrong? I mean, I wouldn't want to be associated with nazis, do you? 

Oh stop it. It was an honest mistake. I dont have stats on violent crimes just laying around.

KLXVER said:
Torillian said:

Alright, then the question becomes, why? Why do black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime? I would say that this is because black people are also disproportionately poor and that is in large part due to long standing racial injustice within this country. This is part of what BLM is trying to fight for. To bring to forefront these issues that are largely ignored, and the idea that you can't kneecap a people for centuries and then say "it's all even now" for a few decades and expect everything to be equal. This is why I would fight for things like access to education and public programs which can help people break out of generational poverty. 

What would your policy proposal be?

KLXVER said:

https://nationalvanguard.org/2018/09/america-race-and-violent-crime/

Luckily, extremists and radicals on the right are easy to spot. To the left they turn a blind eye.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
KLXVER said:

https://nationalvanguard.org/2018/09/america-race-and-violent-crime/

Luckily, extremists and radicals on the right are easy to spot. To the left they turn a blind eye.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

See? This right here? What matters to you isn't the facts and it isn't justice, it's a bipartisan us vs them, tribalistic argument. You have no interest in actually making the world a better place, comments like this show it's all about 'stickin' it to the libs'. I know you almost certainly don't think that's what you're doing, but that's the impression you give off and why people (mostly me) are so hostile towards you. Never in any of your posts have you ever given the impression that this isn't just you fighting against leftist SJW propaganda. Whether you intend it or not, that's the message you give off. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Torillian said:
KLXVER said:

Alright, then the question becomes, why? Why do black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime? I would say that this is because black people are also disproportionately poor and that is in large part due to long standing racial injustice within this country. This is part of what BLM is trying to fight for. To bring to forefront these issues that are largely ignored, and the idea that you can't kneecap a people for centuries and then say "it's all even now" for a few decades and expect everything to be equal. This is why I would fight for things like access to education and public programs which can help people break out of generational poverty. 

What would your policy proposal be?

The thing is that no one that participated in the long standing racial injustices are in power now. Im all for helping people and equality, but BLM is not a good example of fighters for racial justice. When the leaders say white people should give up their homes. When they call looting "reparations". When they collect hundreds of millions of dollars from people who want to help and not a dime of it goes to help any black people in the country who could actually use it.

School choice is a great way to start. Which is something the democrats seem to be against for some reason.

A mainstream media that doesnt skewer the news to fit their agenda would be appreciated. Actually show people what is going on and keeping them informed instead of pitting them against each other. 

Im sure there are many different public programs already available, but they usually dont get much attention. Helping people find jobs. Helping people on how to manage their finances. Helping people who has just started a family. Helping people who have just been released from jail and get their life on track etc. Lots of different programs that can be very helpful. Im not sure how widespread they are, but thats something I would like to see more of.