By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
drkohler said:
I think we all know that Orangehead is a narcissistic compulsive liar.
This begs the two key questions:
Why do too many Americans like and vote for him?

It's a psychological thing.  People hate admitting when they're wrong.  They would rather stick with the dude they started with than admit they were wrong for supporting him because they think it makes them look weak.  Unfortunately we live in a society where changing your mind or admitting you were wrong is considered a weakness.  They don't really believe in what Trump does.  I mean how could anybody?  But they don't want to look weak so they support him anyway.

It's like that kid you played with when you were little, and he knew he was losing, but instead of admitting defeat he began to cheat and play dirty because of it.  It's like that.

And there are others who do it just to spite democrats.  they see how much it upsets them and they get off on that.

Last edited by Paperboy_J - on 19 August 2020

Around the Network

AOC nominated Bernie Sanders for President in her allotted "1 minute" speech at the DNC Convention :)  

AOC's speech serves as a warning to the DNC Establishment and to Biden

She is a warrior for the people 

Last edited by Rab - on 19 August 2020

Paperboy_J said:
drkohler said:
I think we all know that Orangehead is a narcissistic compulsive liar.
This begs the two key questions:
Why do too many Americans like and vote for him?

It's a psychological thing.  People hate admitting when they're wrong.  They would rather stick with the dude they started with than admit they were wrong for supporting him because they think it makes them look weak.  Unfortunately we live in a society where changing your mind or admitting you were wrong is considered a weakness.  They don't really believe in what Trump does.  I mean how could anybody?  But they don't want to look weak so they support him anyway.

It's like that kid you played with when you were little, and he knew he was losing, but instead of admitting defeat he began to cheat and play dirty because of it.  It's like that.

And there are others who do it just to spite democrats.  they see how much it upsets them and they get off on that.

You're giving those people way too much credit. Most of them aren't actually self aware enough to even consider that they could be wrong. The issue is much bigger than just looking weak. Those people are very poorly educated and have been raised with lies over lies. At some point in life they had been challenged on the lies they deeply believe in and instead of questioning themself they double down and solidify their differences in opinion not just as belief but as their whole identity. At that point it's basically too late. Admitting a fault in their opinion becomes rejecting themselves which will result in extreme reactions like confusion and anger and violence if they are ever challenged. Telling one of those people that they are wrong in supporting Trump is the same thing as if you challenge their existence. They are empty inside and the only thing that fills them is their conservative beliefs and that everyone else is wrong. They will fight to their deaths to keep that filling because they cannot even imagine what would become of them if they give up what gives their lives meaning.

It's quite sad, actually. It's the same for any fanboy or zealot.

Last edited by vivster - on 19 August 2020

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Rab said:

AOC nominated Bernie Sander for President in her allotted "1 minute" speech at the DNC Convention :)  

vid

Progressives: AOC was snubbed! The DNC is awful giving only one minute to AOC and more time to Republicans! 

Republicans: Vote for Biden!

AOC: What about Bernie though?

Gee, I wonder why they didn't give her a longer speech...

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 19 August 2020

sundin13 said:
Rab said:

AOC nominated Bernie Sander for President in her allotted "1 minute" speech at the DNC Convention :)  

vid

Progressives: AOC was snubbed! The DNC is awful giving only one minute to AOC and more time to Republicans! 

Rab is spreading misinformation. AOC was given the specific role of seconding the nomination of Sanders by convention rules.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1295902565750771717?s=19

Around the Network

Open Islamophobes and QAnon conspiracy theorists win primaries as the GOP continues to go off the deep end.

Rab said:

AOC nominated Bernie Sanders for President in her allotted "1 minute" speech at the DNC Convention :)  

vid

ROFLMAO!

Just wish he was really nominated by the party...

TallSilhouette said:

Open Islamophobes and QAnon conspiracy theorists win primaries as the GOP continues to go off the deep end.

I have a feeling that the democrats and republicans are getting ripped apart on their outer wings. The democrats by leftists and the republicans by Trumpists/authoritarian right-wingers.

Moren said:
sundin13 said:

Rab is spreading misinformation. AOC was given the specific role of seconding the nomination of Sanders by convention rules.

Looking at media and the like, I can see where that comes from:

- vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OUC2bTF4uE

I would also think that she did it to piss of the DNC or something along those lines. I sure did at first.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Moren said:

Looking at media and the like, I can see where that comes from:

vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OUC2bTF4uE

I would also think that she did it to piss of the DNC or something along those lines. I sure did at first.

Yeah, NBC did report very irresponsibly on this, while lots of people knowingly used this clip out of context to push their agendas.