By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TallSilhouette said:
Zoombael said:

"Time and again, non-violent protests have been at the heart of moving our state and our nation forward. (Senate Bill) 8005 is a giant leap in the wrong direction, trampling on the rights of Tennesseans simply because some do not like the message or the fashion in which protesters are making their voices heard. Regardless of the message, non-violent protest is protected speech."

https://eu.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/tennessee/2020/08/14/aclu-urges-tennessee-gov-bill-lee-veto-criminalize-capitol-protests/5585544002/

For anyone who hasn't realized it yet, the time of "peaceful protesting" is long gone and no one else but the "peaceful protesters" are to blame.

[vids]

No one but the peaceful protesters are to blame? The goons brutalizing innocent citizens have no fault in this? Where is the evidence that anyone in that 2nd vid is Antifa?

If this is the level of discourse I can expect from you, why should I take you seriously?

Action Re-action. Are you familiar with this basic principle?

Have some context to the snippets video you linked:

More peaceful protesting...

... and government goons battling them innocent boys and girls protesters:

This core issue nobody likes to talk about. There is no broad effort by BLM to prevent and condemn violent acts and looting accompanying the protests. There are even individuals associated with the organisation trying to justify all what is going on.

You're asking me what evidence there is? You're asking me to explain to you what AntiFa is, what it stands for, what kind of characters are incorporated and the means to achieve the endgoal? Politics 101. What is it you learned from Cuba? Nothing but reading and writing? huh.

Harassing locals in Austin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXGa9FzduRY

Chicago black community activists vs Black Lives Matter protesters and ask them to leave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVXez4-32BA

Residents rally outside Portland's East Precinct to support police, condemn protest violence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf4grEuaCuk

Why you should take me seriously? In all brutal honesty, you can't. You're enthralled by the hatred for the orangeman. The slightest misstep, a shred of acknowledgement and you would lose it all. This is how it works. It's a classic. The latest coup detat is classical, too.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
TallSilhouette said:

No one but the peaceful protesters are to blame? The goons brutalizing innocent citizens have no fault in this? Where is the evidence that anyone in that 2nd vid is Antifa?

If this is the level of discourse I can expect from you, why should I take you seriously?

You apparently don't since you mix them up.

The action was the killings by the police who don't even get reprimanded for such actions. The peaceful protests are the reaction to this.

How does the police and the Trump administration act on that? They then go on and brutalize and even kidnap the protesters. How do you think they would react being mishandled like that?

Moren said:
sundin13 said:

Progressives: AOC was snubbed! The DNC is awful giving only one minute to AOC and more time to Republicans! 

Republicans: Vote for Biden!

AOC: What about Bernie though?

Gee, I wonder why they didn't give her a longer speech...

Rab is spreading misinformation. AOC was given the specific role of seconding the nomination of Sanders by convention rules.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1295902565750771717?s=19

Didn't know about this rule (not that it matters), I see she enjoyed herself taking the opportunity to do this and resulting in a warning to the DNC, she was happy to not mention Biden, it was a gunshot across the boughs she clearly enjoyed, she still see's Biden as the better president than Trump and will vote accordingly, but Biden is on notice by the left for the rest of his term if elected     

Last edited by Rab - on 19 August 2020

Rab said:
Moren said:

Rab is spreading misinformation. AOC was given the specific role of seconding the nomination of Sanders by convention rules.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1295902565750771717?s=19

Didn't know about this rule (not that it matters), I see she enjoyed herself taking the opportunity to do this and resulting in a warning to the DNC, she was happy to not mention Biden, it was a gunshot across the boughs she clearly enjoyed, she still see's Biden as the better president than Trump and will vote accordingly, but Biden is on notice by the left for the rest of his term if elected     

The DNC asked her to do this, it is a long-standing tradition, and it was also pre-recorded.

Zoombael said:

Indeed. Like Boff said, the initial action that catalyzed this turmoil was the continued murders of innocent minorities by police - most prominently George Floyd. The protests and riots were a reaction to that. What did Chris David do to warrant law enforcement trying to chop him down like a tree? What did this old man do to warrant critical hospitalization? What did this man do to warrant a launched grenade to the face? Why do you say the protesters are the only ones at fault here?

Zoombael said:

Have some context to the snippets video you linked:

[vids]

How do these videos justify police brutalizing citizens that had nothing to do with these acts and were either peacefully protesting, aiding others, walking down the sidewalk, or literally standing still and doing nothing? How do they justify a bill to criminalize citizens' constitutional right to peacefully assemble - especially in a jurisdiction where they cannot even cite an example of the violence they are supposedly legislating against?

Zoombael said:

You're asking me what evidence there is? You're asking me to explain to you what AntiFa is, what it stands for, what kind of characters are incorporated and the means to achieve the endgoal? Politics 101. What is it you learned from Cuba? Nothing but reading and writing? huh.

[vids]

No, I never asked you what Antifa is; I asked you what evidence there is that anyone in that video is Antifa. I'm still waiting for an earnest, concrete answer.

Zoombael said:

You're enthralled by the hatred for the orangeman. The slightest misstep, a shred of acknowledgement and you would lose it all. This is how it works. It's a classic. The latest coup detat is classical, too.

You're gonna need to clarify this vague word salad.

Zoombael said:

Why you should take me seriously? In all brutal honesty, you can't.

Good to know.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

What did this old man do to warrant critical hospitalization?

This one was discussed here before but I don't think it was mentioned that the old man was an agitator and got what he wanted.

There was videos moments before this incident where other protestors were pissed off by him, claiming he's trying to cause trouble. Old man was just smirking and provoking them. He wasn't there for peaceful protest. His twitter page was full of acab stuff but he removed it soon after.

Well, he and his buddy filming it sure made it look like a poor old man giving cops back their riot helmet lol.

Police stations have shared footage of other incidents too, adding context to those short clips from protesters. Unsurprisingly they paint a very different picture about these peaceful protests..

KiigelHeart said:
TallSilhouette said:

What did this old man do to warrant critical hospitalization?

This one was discussed here before but I don't think it was mentioned that the old man was an agitator and got what he wanted.

There was videos moments before this incident where other protestors were pissed off by him, claiming he's trying to cause trouble. Old man was just smirking and provoking them. He wasn't there for peaceful protest. His twitter page was full of acab stuff but he removed it soon after.

Well, he and his buddy filming it sure made it look like a poor old man giving cops back their riot helmet lol.

Police stations have shared footage of other incidents too, adding context to those short clips from protesters. Unsurprisingly they paint a very different picture about these peaceful protests..

I'll need a credible source on that. Let's assume you're right for now, though. What does he actually do to warrant critical hospitalization? I'd also like to see this extra context for the clips I've posted.

Hiku said:
KiigelHeart said:

He wanted his skull smashed by the pavement?

First of all, nothing he could have said would have warranted that officer to shove an elderly man backwards.
If you don't understand why you shouldn't push elderly people, you should not be a police officer.

Secondly, if your rebuttal to video evidence is the existence of other videos with further context, you should provide a source/link like they did.
That way we minimize instances of false information being spread.

He wanted to create something to provoke more unpeaceful protesting and he did. 

I understand I should have a source but I have no idea how to search some old videos on twitter. There was at least two videos prior this incident. He wasn't an innocent elderly man. I'll see if I can find them but no promises.

And yes, there's plenty the man could've done and said to warrant police to shove him backwards. Not taking a step back when told would be one of them. Not the best way to handle it I agree but we've talked about this before. 

edit. One of the clips was found on youtube. But here you can't see how talking to his pal who filmed the original shove video. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YZLLPKxOHLI

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 20 August 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Zoombael said:

You apparently don't since you mix them up.

The action was the killings by the police who don't even get reprimanded for such actions. The peaceful protests are the reaction to this.

How does the police and the Trump administration act on that? They then go on and brutalize and even kidnap the protesters. How do you think they would react being mishandled like that?

I understand. There are people who clearly have a misconception of "peaceful protest".

This is what civil protesting looks like.

This is not "peaceful".

You know, peaceful as in non-violent, non-agitating, not throwing objects, trying to hit people with deadly weapons, smashing windows and looting. I suggest you watch the videos several times, going back and forth, until you know to differentiate.

The second misconception is, that i'd have to justify the actions of individual law enforcement officers. When caught doing something wrong, they do get reprimanded and punished accordingly. As was the case with old man who stumbled backwards after he got a little shove and hit the ground misfortunately.

You on the other hand still trying to justify the incited violence, people getting their businesses, homes and vehicles destroyed by "peaceful protesters".

Bofferbrauer2 said:

The action was the killings by the police who don't even get reprimanded for such actions.

Where is your evidence? In what cases, where use of deadly force was ruled unjustified, got the police officers not even reprimanded. 

TallSilhouette said:

No, I never asked you what Antifa is; I asked you what evidence there is that anyone in that video is Antifa.

So, you haven't got the slightest clue what AntiFa is. Not surprising. Apparently you don't know even know what peaceful protesting looks like.

I didn't create the video, i didn't name it. The perpetrator who goes by the name of Marquise Love, he was with the BLM protests, that is relevant.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12438939/marquise-love-blm-portland-protester-truck-driver-assault/

Really funny thing: Why do you want that man so desperately not to be AntiFa? Well then, he is with BLM movement. Better now, yes?

Hunting Season is done...

Trump's campaign was ordered by a Federal Court to validate their claims of mail-in voter fraud in Pennsylvania. In response, the Trump campaign provided a 524-page document detailing a grand total of zero cases of mail-in voting fraud. This was in response to the Trump campaign suing the state to prevent the use of secure drop boxes for mail in ballots.

Republicans have repeatedly failed to validate their claims of voter fraud. This seems like such a strange hill to die on, as I struggle to see any real benefit to the Trump campaign in nuking mail-in voting, yet they keep fighting and even when they embarrass themselves with their inability to provide evidence, people continue to believe them...

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/20/trump-election-fraud-pennsylvania-court/