By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Machiavellian said:
Baalzamon said:
To be clear, the fights occurring are not a direct result of our actions.

It's a direct result of the people choosing to kill the other people. That is it.

Does us pulling out have an indirect result of additional people dying? That may well be true.

But the question STILL stands. At what point are we obligated to help? If we would have never been there in the 1st place would we have been obligated? What if only a tenth of the people dying were actually dying?

The US is already obligated when we decided to make allies out of these people.  From there on they are treated just like we would any European country, Japan you name it.  Anything less, shows that we are just opportunist who would backstab anyone at a moment notice.  Either we go in it alone or we work with others to accomplish a task.  

The last thing we do, is knowing leave a region knowing that the moment we pull out our troops, those allies will be slaughtered.  Its the whole reason we have a foreign affairs department and a huge military budget.  We continue to work the peace or at least try to get the area as stable as possible before heading out.  At least work with our allies to get then on solid footing so they will not all die.  Anything less and we show the world that as an ally the use operates like Trump with his businesses.

Kind of like when the Dems allied with the LGBT community in the past, until some of them decided they weren't entirely on board with the new political direction? Then those that strayed slightly or a lot, were disregarded. The one's who now speak out about this, as well as other differences in opinion, need to be destroyed apparently, and are dealing with exactly that. Trump however, just doesn't get it...

Around the Network

Good job Donald Trump. You just greenlit the madman in Turkey to slaughter innocent civilians.

And that is highly likely done by german weaponry.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

The problem is the US keeps starting wars, arming mercenary groups, and then NOT taking any responsibility for their actions
"Oh, we're TIRED of this long war, so clean up our mess yourself."
"But you made a pact with us, we wouldn't have been fighting if we didn't know we couldn't depend on you."
"I guess you should have helped in Normandy and WW2 then."
"WTF? What's that have to do with anything? None of us were even alive back then!"
"You have only yourself to blame for that! Oh, by the way, despite not really doing anything, I am taking 100% of the credit for defeating ISIS."
"What the hell? What will we do? Where will we go?"
"Not my problem. Don't come here for refuge, we're making America great again! Just like the 1930s, we're going to turn your boats away."

Last edited by Jumpin - on 12 October 2019

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Snoopy said:
sundin13 said:

Kurds tho...

There are probably a lot of good people in North Korea, still not our allies.

This is my current favorite argument for the displacement of so far more than 100,000 people in the Kurdish-led northeast of Syria, as well as, as of yesterday, the first "accidental" Turkish attack on an American position, because it's the dumbest, most highly disingenuous rationale I've seen offered so far on this thread and thus the most pathetically amusing.

The Syrian Democratic Forces hold autonomous territory in northern Syria, as in run their own form of government and economic system independently of the central government of Bashir Al Assad. No group in North Korea controls territory autonomous of the Kim dynasty's regime.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 12 October 2019

AsGryffynn said:

Stopped reading right here, which meant I still read through the rest of the drivel. What has the Syrian Govt said... or Russia for that matter... you know, the people who were actually welcome guests, regardless of your desires or sense of morality

But seriously. People are condemning Ellen (who was already hypocrisy redefined) for being pals with Bush, which I see as bad (worse than Trump) but not horrific... then you mention McCain as if he was a good person (the only people whose candidacy for replacing Satan are still in the ballot are him, Stalin, the Dulles brothers, Eisenhower, Nixon, Hitler, Reagan, Stalin, Pinochet, Caecescu's wife, Pol Pot and Thatcher). 

If McCain was alive and said anything, I would probably vomit. I am with Rand here and that's why he was elected: you had zero right to be there in the first place. Everything you did, every troop in that quagmire, was an illegal invader and no moral reasons can justify that! 

The issue is that the FSA should be getting a royal shelling by Assadco, since they were also their enemies, whereas the Kurds were apparently on amicable terms, to the point Russia occasionally conducted bombing runs prior to their advances on enemy positions despite not being an actual supporter. 

Eh, McCain was still an asshole, but I maintain he had more principle than that piece of shit Rand. Acting like he's the equivalent of Hitler or Stalin really hurts your argument. Godwin's law. Also what? Russia is a welcome guest? And what kind of extremist statist are you that you support that horrific regime? It isn't welcome either. Government at the consent of the governed and all that, and Assad did NOT have their consent, hence the civil war. And what's all this about "rights" to be somewhere? What a load of crap. If you see your neighbor's house on fire and want to go help him, you don't need a right to be there if you offer help and he accepts. If your neighbor is raping his wife and she cries for help, your neighbor doesn't have a right to keep people off his property that might help her. Human rights trump property rights. Not that we were there on entirely innocent terms, nor that we didn't do anything wrong while there, but the idea that you can't get involved in a foreign conflict because you don't have a "right" to or need to be "welcomed" by all parties is ridiculous.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
Machiavellian said:

The US is already obligated when we decided to make allies out of these people.  From there on they are treated just like we would any European country, Japan you name it.  Anything less, shows that we are just opportunist who would backstab anyone at a moment notice.  Either we go in it alone or we work with others to accomplish a task.  

The last thing we do, is knowing leave a region knowing that the moment we pull out our troops, those allies will be slaughtered.  Its the whole reason we have a foreign affairs department and a huge military budget.  We continue to work the peace or at least try to get the area as stable as possible before heading out.  At least work with our allies to get then on solid footing so they will not all die.  Anything less and we show the world that as an ally the use operates like Trump with his businesses.

Kind of like when the Dems allied with the LGBT community in the past, until some of them decided they weren't entirely on board with the new political direction? Then those that strayed slightly or a lot, were disregarded. The one's who now speak out about this, as well as other differences in opinion, need to be destroyed apparently, and are dealing with exactly that. Trump however, just doesn't get it...

So what, this whataboutism doesn't excuse anything and I can care less what the Dems did with the LGBT community since that isn't the topic at hand.  If you want to discuss that open up a new thread.

Syrian Army units move north to confront Turkish aggression on Syrian territory

Can't blame them, especially after seeing people posting videos of beheadings/murdering of prisoners by (Pro)Turkish aggressors.

700 ISIS members fleed from their prison. Thanks Trump and Erdogan. You know how to work for peace!

Edit: Oh and....Donald Trump nominated himself for the Nobel Peace Price. 

I say, shove it up his ass!!

Last edited by Peh - on 14 October 2019

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Bye Kurds, human rights you guys only cost us money and our boys/girls deserve to be home!!
Oh Hey Saudi!! You give us money? Sure I have some boys/girls who don't need to get home!!

Well you can't only blame USA. All what Europe does is barking and doing nothing. I am honestly ashamed to be European, at this point we deserve to be bombed.

konnichiwa said:
Bye Kurds, human rights you guys only cost us money and our boys/girls deserve to be home!!
Oh Hey Saudi!! You give us money? Sure I have some boys/girls who don't need to get home!!

Well you can't only blame USA. All what Europe does is barking and doing nothing. I am honestly ashamed to be European, at this point we deserve to be bombed.

I think the US does deserve punishment for breaking their deals. It's bizarre this isn't being taken more seriously. When I look at my own country for people who broke oaths/treaties... well, we know who that was. I am not saying Trump is THAT bad, but being a diet-authoritarian demagogue is not a good thing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.