By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Snoopy said:

Syria isn't our Allie and neither is Turkey.

Kurds tho...

Last edited by sundin13 - on 10 October 2019

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Snoopy said:

Syria isn't our ally and neither is Turkey.

Kurds tho...

There are probably a lot of good people in North Korea, still not our allies.

Snoopy said:
sundin13 said:

Kurds tho...

Very different situations. The Kurds are a distinct group of displaced individuals, who have been fighting for us against ISIS for years and losing lives so we don't have to. If that isn't an ally, I don't know what is.

sundin13 said:
Snoopy said:

Very different situations. The Kurds are a distinct group of displaced individuals, who have been fighting for us against ISIS for years and losing lives so we don't have to. If that isn't an ally, I don't know what is.

They have no choice but to fight ISIS. They should be glad we even helped in the first place. It isn't our place to fight wars that don't affect us or our true allies. Sorry, we are not going to deploy troops and spend a lot of money for the rest of our lives for wars that aren't ours.

SpokenTruth said:
Baalzamon said:

I hate responses like this. Blanket statements that somebody is one thing solely because they do or don't agree with ONE thing.

Speaking of irony.

Snoopy said:

ISIS came about after we got involved with the middle east. The truth is, the world is fucked up as it is. Why should we bring ourselves down with them? We need to worry about our interests first. All we should do is kick Turkey out of NATO, implement sanctions and never get involved with these useless wars. We should only use our military might to protect us and our Allie nations that truly has our back.

They die for you but you turn your back on them when they need you.  I expected nothing more from you.  I'd pity you if I knew it would help those that you won't.

We also died for them as well. We just realize how pointless it is trying to stop these conflicts that aren't ours. 

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
sundin13 said:

They have no choice but to fight ISIS. They should be glad we even helped in the first place. It isn't our place to fight wars that don't affect us or our true allies. Sorry, we are not going to deploy troops and spend a lot of money for the rest of our lives for wars that aren't ours.

...You don't think IS affects our "true allies"?

Bullshit.

Clear bullshit.

Also, drawing a line between "true allies" seems like it could easily devolve into some pretty gross areas.

sundin13 said:
Snoopy said:

Bullshit.

Clear bullshit.

Also, drawing a line between "true allies" seems like it could easily devolve into some pretty gross areas.

As long as you protect your borders and do a thorough background check on people who come to your country you should be fine. Especially those who come from dangerous Countries.

Snoopy said:
sundin13 said:

Bullshit.

Clear bullshit.

As long as you protect your borders and do a thorough background check on people who come to your country you should be fine. Especially those who come from dangerous Countries.

That is incorrect. Individuals can be radicalized without leaving the county, and further, background checks may not be able to detect all radicalized individuals. When allowed to roam free, terrorism can be tremendously dangerous; even more so when such terrorism is allowed to gain power. Establishing allies in the Middle East is pivotal to protecting the United States and our allies.

My question still stands.

At what point does somebody become inhumane for not expecting the US to be involved in foreign matters?

Following the news or not, this type of thing is on the news virtually 100% of the time over the last 50 years. Somewhere in the world, some horrible inhumane thing is occurring.

So...at what point does the US become obligated to help these people or be seen as inhumane?

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

sundin13 said:
Snoopy said:

That is incorrect. Individuals can be radicalized without leaving the county, and further, background checks may not be able to detect all radicalized individuals. When allowed to roam free, terrorism can be tremendously dangerous; even more so when such terrorism is allowed to gain power. Establishing allies in the Middle East is pivotal to protecting the United States and our allies.

Terror within can be reduced greatly by having great security inside our nation and doing our job reporting suspicious activities.