By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:
"If you went 5 years ago that sky was brown and now if you go that sky is blue" -Kamala Harris.

I thought she said 15 or 20 years ago.  I missed it if she said 5 years ago.  None of my live updates are referencing it either.

I heard 5 but it was 20. Found a fact check. https://www.ktbs.com/weather/headlines/fact-checking-presidential-candidates-at-the-cnn-climate-town-hall/article_94b25aa0-f86a-52c1-b9d6-8572014bb25e.html

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
sundin13 said:
So, this debate sucks. Best debate for Biden by far, because of how boring it has been. I believe we will see nothing change.

We need in depth conversations about these issues, not one minute overviews...

This is the problem with such a huge field of candidates. 

I feel like it is also a problem with the debate format. I believe with good moderating, you can have good conversations even in a large field. You just need to abandon this format and allow candidates to come together. We don't need to give Biden a minute, then Warren a minute, then Sanders a minute, then every other candidate one minute. Warren and Sanders are on the same page. Most of the other candidates are on the same page. There are basically three healthcare proposals on that stage: Medicare for All; Medicare for All who want it; and Obamacare+Public Option.

Have a discussion about these options, allowing ideas to take the center stage instead of individuals.

Trump apparently threatened the meteorologists for reporting the weather correctly on the cyclone that DIDN'T hit Alabama.

This is the moron who people on the right-wing of the US think is the best President they ever had and the messiah: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/27/millions-of-americans-believe-god-made-trump-president-216537

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

1). Mueller said a lot of things, some that contradicted his report that were pointed out in his final hearing that he used the same excuses over and over to ignore it, if he even remembered it.

2). After he's left office? After? What he did before he even took office was so bad, that they have to wait until 2024 possibly to get him? It's not like he's gone underground. One day I'll be a star.

1). He didn't contradict anything in his report at the testimony.  Unless you can expressly identify it, I'm calling you out.

2). You might want to read the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel 1973 memo titled "Amenability of the President, Vice President, and other Civil Officers to Federal Criminal Prosecution while in Office" or the 2000 memo titled "“A Sitting President’s Amenability to Indictment and Criminal Prosecution”.  But since I already know you won't look it up, I'll conveniently post a few quotes from the 2000 memo below for you to ignore.

"In 1973, the Department concluded that the indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would impermissibly undermine the capacity of the executive
branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions. We have been asked to summarize and review the analysis provided in support of that conclusion, and
to consider whether any subsequent developments in the law lead us today to reconsider and modify or disavow that determination.1 We believe that the conclusion reached by the Department in 1973 still represents the best interpretation of the Constitution."

"In 1973, this Department concluded that a grand jury should not be permitted to indict a sitting President even if all subsequent proceedings were postponed
until after the President left office."

"[W]e believe the better view is the one advanced by the Department in 1973: a sitting President is immune from indictment as well as from further criminal process."

"In 1973, the Department of Justice concluded tat the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unduly interfere with the ability of the
executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned duties, and would thus violate the constitutional separation of powers. No court has addressed this question directly, but the judicial precedents that bear on the continuing validity of our constitutional analysis are consistent with both the analytic approach taken and the conclusions reached. Our view remains that a sitting President is constitutionally immune from indictment and criminal prosecution.

RANDOLPH D. MOSS
Assistant Attorney General
Office of Legal Counsel"

I'm aware of the DOJ ruling/policy. My point is that if the law won't allow itself to do it's job, when there's a case that's 'so problematic' that the Prez should be charged and/or removed apparently, and nothing can be done about it legally while in office, looking to a bunch of corrupt politicians to 'save the day' by impeaching him is going to be considered serving justice? Seriously? An impeachment that may very well be next to meaningless if the Senate doesn't agree? An impeachment that very well may allow this 'nation destroyer' to once again become Prez? Or better yet, wait an entire 8 years after what he apparently did, just to have a shot at trying him, after all of the 'destruction' he's already done with the power he had all this time? Sounds a little too much like the whole #meetoo movement and everything it led to, except it's 'known' by everyone yet being allowed to continue. Dave Chappelle certainly must think going after Trump, way after the fact, would be ridiculous.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 13 September 2019

sundin13 said:
SpokenTruth said:

This is the problem with such a huge field of candidates. 

I feel like it is also a problem with the debate format. I believe with good moderating, you can have good conversations even in a large field. You just need to abandon this format and allow candidates to come together. We don't need to give Biden a minute, then Warren a minute, then Sanders a minute, then every other candidate one minute. Warren and Sanders are on the same page. Most of the other candidates are on the same page. There are basically three healthcare proposals on that stage: Medicare for All; Medicare for All who want it; and Obamacare+Public Option.

Have a discussion about these options, allowing ideas to take the center stage instead of individuals.

In short, make it a good ol' 2 hour talkshow, but with the politicians in the primaries as guests.

Around the Network

Could the Republican vs. Democratic conflict get as violent across the rest of the US as it has become in Compton USA?

Jumpin said:

Could the Republican vs. Democratic conflict get as violent across the rest of the US as it has become in Compton USA?

Rs and Ds arent violent in congress.

https://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhle/watch/president-trump-pledges-strong-regulations-on-vaping-68759621626 Trump wants to regulate the vape industry and plans to ban flavvored pods.
I think over the last year there's been already enough regulation done so I don't see why they need to do more and banning flavored pods is super dumb.

Trump also just lost a twitter war to Chrissy Teigen and will henceforth be known as President PussyAssBitch.

Imagine, the leader of one or the top 5 most powerful countries in the world spending most of his time randomly trolling people on social media. President PussyAssBitch indeed.

EDIT

Apparently #PresidentPAB and #PABpotus have been trending on Twitter.

She’s even touring talk shows for calling the US President a Pussy Ass Bitch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_NZmnXu5-U0

Last edited by Jumpin - on 14 September 2019

Remember how gigantic of a scandal it was that Hillary Clinton used private email to conduct government business?

Jared Kushner and Ivanka have both been doing it and the media doesn't even peep because it's nowhere near as bad as the other things the Trumps are doing. This is how much worse Trump is than Clinton.

Obama wore tanned pants once, and THAT was a major scandal.