By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Cows are over 50% of the biomass of all the animals of the planet combined. They graze areas larger than all of our cities and villages put together, are nearly immune to disease and physical injury, and have the guarantee of safety from every predator except these mysterious ape gods which assign each of them a predetermined life time. Speaking in terms of evolutionary success, I don't think they are complaining.

That being said... if we want to preserve anything of value in nature, I hope lab-grown meat becomes a widespread, economically viable alternative as soon as possible. There's a bulging middle-class of billions coming from Asia and Africa which aren't going to shy away from meat that easily. No ammount of pointless ethical debates or pleas from more developed countries will change the minds of the majority until it is too late.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Cows are over 50% of the biomass of all the animals of the planet combined. They graze areas larger than all of our cities and villages put together, are nearly immune to disease and physical injury, and have the guarantee of safety from every predator except these mysterious ape gods which assign each of them a predetermined life time. Speaking in terms of evolutionary success, I don't think they are complaining.

That being said... if we want to preserve anything of value in nature, I hope lab-grown meat becomes a widespread, economically viable alternative as soon as possible. There's a bulging middle-class of billions coming from Asia and Africa which aren't going to shy away from meat that easily. No ammount of pointless ethical debates or pleas from more developed countries will change the minds of the majority until it is too late.

They also burp and fart a shitload of methane gas out but by God they are tasty as fuck.  Had a nice NY strip from a small town meat market this weekend.  Little fatty but it was damn good.

Snoopy said:
konnichiwa said:

Governor of Texas:

I'm EMBARRASSED: Texas #2 in nation for new gun purchases, behind CALIFORNIA. Let's pick up the pace Texans. @NRA http://blog.chron.com/narcoconfidential/2015/10/texas-request-to-buy-guns-tops-1-million-for-year/

And another mass shooting today, that 'old' tweet must hurt.

Why? Buying a gun doesn't mean you're going to hurt people.

By that logic, please give me your credit card number, your social security number, the keys to your home, your home address, and don't worry about a thing cause giving me all that personal info doesn't mean I'm going to rob you... right?

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Snoopy said:

Why? Buying a gun doesn't mean you're going to hurt people.

By that logic, please give me your credit card number, your social security number, the keys to your home, your home address, and don't worry about a thing cause giving me all that personal info doesn't mean I'm going to rob you... right?

Actually, I recently gave my debit card number to a company to buy something and last year my social security number to my employer. Depends on the context and not the object itself. However, I understand liberals can't understand the difference thus always getting offended when someone says a "trigger word" instead of grasping the full context.

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 04 September 2019

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Their number could be brought down significantly if cows wouldn't be raised specifically for either milk or beef, but for both at once. It might need a new breed for this (from a butcher I learned that cow breeds specific for giving milk tend to have meat that's much harder to chew), but once that would be done, we wouldn't need about 30-40% of the cows anymore

SpokenTruth said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Their number could be brought down significantly if cows wouldn't be raised specifically for either milk or beef, but for both at once. It might need a new breed for this (from a butcher I learned that cow breeds specific for giving milk tend to have meat that's much harder to chew), but once that would be done, we wouldn't need about 30-40% of the cows anymore

Not sure how well that would work.  Dairy cows provide their product repeatedly.  Beef cows just once. if you combined the two completely, you'd end up either with an overabundance of milk or a dearth of beef. Dairy cows already contribute 21-25% of all beef (depending on year)

It's time we just started really moving on to alternatives.

@bolded: Not where I've been living. If that were more universal then my point would be met. The thing is, once a cow stops milking, it's often not used for anything other than leather or bone-meal anymore. The meat ain't used, and that should stop. Hence why I was talking about a new breed, which would give milking cows more tender meat, especially at higher ages, and thus an incentive to use their meat, too.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 03 September 2019

SpokenTruth said:

So Trump lied again recently (*gasp*) and in the process violated US Code.

For those not aware, the Bahamas and the southeast United States have been dealing with a hurricane the past several days.  Trump gave a press conference early on to about the storm where he stated which states would be most affected.  One of the states he warned of potential devastation was Alabama.  However, no computer model or prediction from the National Hurricane Center or NOAA ever showed Alabama in any danger at all. 

Ok, minor issue though many residents may have taken his warning seriously and began preparations for evacuation, sheltering, etc....  Even the National Weather Service in Alabama had to blast out Tweets and updates to disregard the president's warning. But when asked about why he blatantly lied, Trump doubled down on his claim saying the National Weather Service had originally projected Alabama as in the path (spoiler alert: it didn't).  Then, he later tripled down on it by presenting a modified National Weather Service map to make it appear that he was correct.

This is his doctored map.

That black marker extension was added either by himself or an aide at his direction. This is an intentional falsification of a weather report with the sole purpose of trying to prevent himself from having to admit that he lied.  So about the crime aspect - see 18 U.S. Code § 2074. False Weather Reports:

"Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both."

To sum up, Trump broke Federal law in an attempt to cover a lie.

You know the crazy part is, if he just stated he made a mistake this would be a total non issue.  The fact that the man continue to believe lying for anything even something as dumb as mistakenly adding a state to a hurricane report makes you shake your head.  It's like you are dealing with a child who doesn't know when to give up on a lie.  

The sad part is that we are so use to him double down on lies and other stupid stupid things he does, its become normal.  Since he is the President, nothing will come of him doctoring up the forecast but I wonder if he leaves office could a case be made.

CaptainExplosion said:
SpokenTruth said:

I consider the action/inaction by McConnell a dereliction of duty, a constitutional abdication, and a violation of the oath of office.

How the bastard isn't getting prison time for this I still can't comprehend.

There isn't anything in the books as a crime on this so no.  I do have to commend the person who came up with the Moscow Mitch nickname.  Its rare for such a nickname to stick as solid as this one and it's one I am sure is giving Mitch heartburn.

SpokenTruth said:

So Trump lied again recently (*gasp*) and in the process violated US Code.

For those not aware, the Bahamas and the southeast United States have been dealing with a hurricane the past several days.  Trump gave a press conference early on to about the storm where he stated which states would be most affected.  One of the states he warned of potential devastation was Alabama.  However, no computer model or prediction from the National Hurricane Center or NOAA ever showed Alabama in any danger at all. 

Ok, minor issue though many residents may have taken his warning seriously and began preparations for evacuation, sheltering, etc....  Even the National Weather Service in Alabama had to blast out Tweets and updates to disregard the president's warning. But when asked about why he blatantly lied, Trump doubled down on his claim saying the National Weather Service had originally projected Alabama as in the path (spoiler alert: it didn't).  Then, he later tripled down on it by presenting a modified National Weather Service map to make it appear that he was correct.

This is his doctored map.

That black marker extension was added either by himself or an aide at his direction. This is an intentional falsification of a weather report with the sole purpose of trying to prevent himself from having to admit that he lied.  So about the crime aspect - see 18 U.S. Code § 2074. False Weather Reports:

"Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both."

To sum up, Trump broke Federal law in an attempt to cover a lie.

"Trump gave a press conference early on to about the storm where he stated which states would be most affected.  One of the states he warned of potential devastation was Alabama."

At what point does Trump mention Alabama potentially being devastated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QXCM5dF3Rg