By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Bofferbrauer2 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I remember when Snowden first blew the whistle, it was a moment when my diehard Republican mother and I saw eye to eye and agreed that the man was an American hero. Now that Trump is in support of restarting the NSA spying program Snowden's exposure got scrapped, I'm afraid to ask her how she feels. It would just be disgusting to watch so many Republicans defend this, but I've no doubt they will:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/16/alarm-trump-requests-permanent-reauthorization-nsa-mass-spying-program-exposed

And for those that would prefer a more conservative news source:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-administration-nsa-phone-data-collection-program

I did find it encouraging to see a lot of the Fox News comments not thrilled by Trump's move here, but I've seen them squirm at some of his actions before only to come around and defend them later when he didn't back down.

From what I could see is that Fox News seems to get increasingly critic of Trump. He probably bit their hand one too often or going just simply too far even for them to defend it.

I was in the hospital for the last few days and they had Fox News on in my room so when my phone was dead I unmute the TV and watched it and they do have some arguments that are out there but they don't seem as bad as most people claim. It seemed that it only got super partisan when their prime time/nate night shows came on.

Around the Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCC85kNhhHw&t=106s

Would be a big win for Justice Democrats if she wins the primary but her odds are low.

jason1637 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCC85kNhhHw&t=106s

Would be a big win for Justice Democrats if she wins the primary but her odds are low.

Would be nice if she could win, seems to be a perfect fit for the district.

Immersiveunreality said:
the-pi-guy said:

Because there are people in the world who are mistreated because they look different.  

Racists who think black people should be enslaved.  Racists who think Hispanics should kill themselves.  

Fighting racism isn't pretending that people of color don't exist, it's about teaching people to understand and respect those differences.  

I stopped counting the people that hated me at first sight because of how i look but i never really felt being "welcome" in my own country and that kinda sucks cause a feeling of belonging is important while growing up.

Most people amongst racist that arent racist themselves just have a hard time noticing it because they're never the victims of it.

"I stopped counting the people that hated me at first sight because of how i look"

>How do you confirm this hatred?

KLAMarine said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I stopped counting the people that hated me at first sight because of how i look but i never really felt being "welcome" in my own country and that kinda sucks cause a feeling of belonging is important while growing up.

Most people amongst racist that arent racist themselves just have a hard time noticing it because they're never the victims of it.

"I stopped counting the people that hated me at first sight because of how i look"

People being upset/disgusted and angry to be forced into a situation with me while commenting on how i look, ignoring me or blatantly asking me what the hell i am and when i was young it was bullying and beatings till i got taller and was able to defend myself better,people openly talking about that they want coloured humans to be shot or talking about harming them on their own in different ways.

Most of them are cowards and have a low intelligence..

Trust me,i know how to recognize it and i do not easily call people racists/xenophobic.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

KLAMarine said:

Okay but I'm still left wondering why Truth needed to mention "American Congresswomen of color". Why is the color part relevant?

"What color do you think I am?"

>I haven't the slightest idea... A mix of blue and purple?

"Did you just presume I'm white?"

>No.

"So white is your default?"

>No.

"No wonder we still have a long fight ahead of us."

>What the hell are you going on about!? I'm trying to figure out what prompted these questions: "What color do you think I am?  Did you just presume I'm white?  So white is your default?" and I'm at a loss...

>Okay but I'm still left wondering why Truth needed to mention "American Congresswomen of color".

And I'm left wondering why you're asking such basic questions.

>Why is the color part relevant?

Because people who are of color have been attacked and considered to be illegitimate Americans.  And the president of the United States have backed those attackers.  

You can twist and turn his comments 1000 ways to make them seem good or less hurtful than they are, but to the people that have heard those comments a thousand times before, they know what he means.  

"Because people who are of color have been attacked and considered to be illegitimate Americans."

>Because of their color?

Immersiveunreality said:
KLAMarine said:

People being upset/disgusted and angry to be forced into a situation with me while commenting on how i look, ignoring me or blatantly asking me what the hell i am and when i was young it was bullying and beatings till i got taller and was able to defend myself better,people openly talking about that they want coloured humans to be shot or talking about harming them on their own in different ways.

Trust me,i know how to recognize it and i do not easily call people racists/xenophobic.

Do you have footage of these interactions?

moderated -pi-guy

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 18 August 2019

KLAMarine said:
Immersiveunreality said:

You are absolutely ridiculous.

KLAMarine said:
the-pi-guy said:

>Okay but I'm still left wondering why Truth needed to mention "American Congresswomen of color".

And I'm left wondering why you're asking such basic questions.

>Why is the color part relevant?

Because people who are of color have been attacked and considered to be illegitimate Americans.  And the president of the United States have backed those attackers.  

You can twist and turn his comments 1000 ways to make them seem good or less hurtful than they are, but to the people that have heard those comments a thousand times before, they know what he means.  

"Because people who are of color have been attacked and considered to be illegitimate Americans."

>Because of their color?

Immersiveunreality said:

Why should i have footage?

sundin13 said:
KLAMarine said:

How?

Immersiveunreality said:
KLAMarine said:

>Because of their color?

The very first thing I would do if I was harassed or abused is try to get something down on tape. Would significantly bolster my case.

KLAMarine said:
sundin13 said:

How?

Immersiveunreality said:

The very first thing I would do if I was harassed or abused is try to get something down on tape. Would significantly bolster my case.

Oh,i'm not really a vengeful person and i'm not really feeling harassed or abused anymore.

I do not think it is healthy to be constantly thinking about "harming" others for the way they think,at best i can just change how they think by talking to them but a me against them mentality is mostly not constructive.