By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SpokenTruth said:

Trump to American Congresswomen of color: "Go back to where you came from and fix it."

Congresswomen of color: "OK.  We're going to Israel."

Trump to Israel: "Don't let them in. They'll try to fix it."

Everybody else:

*not exact quotes

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I remember when Snowden first blew the whistle, it was a moment when my diehard Republican mother and I saw eye to eye and agreed that the man was an American hero. Now that Trump is in support of restarting the NSA spying program Snowden's exposure got scrapped, I'm afraid to ask her how she feels. It would just be disgusting to watch so many Republicans defend this, but I've no doubt they will:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/16/alarm-trump-requests-permanent-reauthorization-nsa-mass-spying-program-exposed

And for those that would prefer a more conservative news source:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-administration-nsa-phone-data-collection-program

I did find it encouraging to see a lot of the Fox News comments not thrilled by Trump's move here, but I've seen them squirm at some of his actions before only to come around and defend them later when he didn't back down.

It's because Fox News isn't news, it's a right wing hate machine aspiring to be Trump's state media.

I included it because some people only trust that, and even Fox is reporting the same thing as everywhere else this time, so hopefully the Fox News audience takes this seriously as the extreme governmental breach of privacy that it is.

CaptainExplosion said:
jason1637 said:

Yeah it's kinda gross to not allow American congresswoman in your country. But who am I to tell Isreal how they should enforce their laws.

They're only blocking them from Israel because Netanyahu is Israel's equivalent of Trump.

He probably talked to them but I saw on the news that Isreal actually has a law that bars peoples from coming if they are against them or something along those lines.

HylianSwordsman said:

I remember when Snowden first blew the whistle, it was a moment when my diehard Republican mother and I saw eye to eye and agreed that the man was an American hero. Now that Trump is in support of restarting the NSA spying program Snowden's exposure got scrapped, I'm afraid to ask her how she feels. It would just be disgusting to watch so many Republicans defend this, but I've no doubt they will:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/16/alarm-trump-requests-permanent-reauthorization-nsa-mass-spying-program-exposed

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-administration-nsa-phone-data-collection-program

I did find it encouraging to see a lot of the Fox News comments not thrilled by Trump's move here, but I've seen them squirm at some of his actions before only to come around and defend them later when he didn't back down.

Yeah and early 2017 there was a law passed and signed that increased government surveillance. It's pretty disgusting how the world is going.

Machiavellian said:
konnichiwa said:

Well because he crossed a line that even is called by pro israel groups undemocratic and by some as an attack on the 1st Amendment you would expect it from a Dictator and he probably is going to call him self a hero.

Anyway I am getting close to turning of my news apps because it is getting sickening.

There is no line for Trump.  He doesn't view the president office like previous presidents, instead he views it like one of his business.  This is why him asking another sovereign nation to bar elected congress members never cross his mind on how stupid it is for the President of the United States to even consider doing.  Its this kind of dumb petty divisive mentality that he has shone before he ever got into office that make his base happy.  They see this as an improvement to the President office and will fight tooth and nail to defend what he does.  Of course that all goes out of he window if a Dem gets back the office and act the same way but for now its pretty much par for the course for this administration.  Everyone who would have told him this was a mistake have all been fired or quite.  The only ones like are the enablers or the ones who just shut up.

This sounds familiar.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
SpokenTruth said:

Trump to American Congresswomen of color: "Go back to where you came from and fix it."

Everybody else:

*not exact quotes

I was thinking more along the lines of,

Trump to American Congresswoman of color: 'Go back to where you came from and fix it'.

Congresswoman of color: 'OK.  We're going to Israel'.

Israel to Trump: 'Thanks a lot you schmuck'.

Trump: 

SpokenTruth said:

Everybody else:

What is your obsession with color by the way?

the-pi-guy said:
KLAMarine said:

Because there are people in the world who are mistreated because they look different.  

Racists who think black people should be enslaved.  Racists who think Hispanics should kill themselves.  

Fighting racism isn't pretending that people of color don't exist, it's about teaching people to understand and respect those differences.  

Okay but I'm still left wondering why Truth needed to mention "American Congresswomen of color". Why is the color part relevant?

SpokenTruth said:
KLAMarine said:

What color do you think I am?  Did you just presume I'm white?  So white is your default?

No wonder we still have a long fight ahead of us.

"What color do you think I am?"

>I haven't the slightest idea... A mix of blue and purple?

"Did you just presume I'm white?"

>No.

"So white is your default?"

>No.

"No wonder we still have a long fight ahead of us."

>What the hell are you going on about!? I'm trying to figure out what prompted these questions: "What color do you think I am?  Did you just presume I'm white?  So white is your default?" and I'm at a loss...

HylianSwordsman said:

From what I could see is that Fox News seems to get increasingly critic of Trump. He probably bit their hand one too often or going just simply too far even for them to defend it.

the-pi-guy said:
KLAMarine said:

Because there are people in the world who are mistreated because they look different.  

Racists who think black people should be enslaved.  Racists who think Hispanics should kill themselves.  

Fighting racism isn't pretending that people of color don't exist, it's about teaching people to understand and respect those differences.  

I stopped counting the people that hated me at first sight because of how i look but i never really felt being "welcome" in my own country and that kinda sucks cause a feeling of belonging is important while growing up.

Most people amongst racist that arent racist themselves just have a hard time noticing it because they're never the victims of it.