By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
the-pi-guy said:
KLAMarine said:

Okay but I'm still left wondering why Truth needed to mention "American Congresswomen of color". Why is the color part relevant?

"What color do you think I am?"

>I haven't the slightest idea... A mix of blue and purple?

"Did you just presume I'm white?"

>No.

"So white is your default?"

>No.

"No wonder we still have a long fight ahead of us."

>What the hell are you going on about!? I'm trying to figure out what prompted these questions: "What color do you think I am?  Did you just presume I'm white?  So white is your default?" and I'm at a loss...

>Okay but I'm still left wondering why Truth needed to mention "American Congresswomen of color".

And I'm left wondering why you're asking such basic questions.

>Why is the color part relevant?

Because people who are of color have been attacked and considered to be illegitimate Americans.  And the president of the United States have backed those attackers.  

You can twist and turn his comments 1000 ways to make them seem good or less hurtful than they are, but to the people that have heard those comments a thousand times before, they know what he means.  

EricHiggin said:
Machiavellian said:

There is no line for Trump.  He doesn't view the president office like previous presidents, instead he views it like one of his business.  This is why him asking another sovereign nation to bar elected congress members never cross his mind on how stupid it is for the President of the United States to even consider doing.  Its this kind of dumb petty divisive mentality that he has shone before he ever got into office that make his base happy.  They see this as an improvement to the President office and will fight tooth and nail to defend what he does.  Of course that all goes out of he window if a Dem gets back the office and act the same way but for now its pretty much par for the course for this administration.  Everyone who would have told him this was a mistake have all been fired or quite.  The only ones like are the enablers or the ones who just shut up.

This sounds familiar.

The Mooch tells Anderson Cooper here that Trump isn't racist based on his dealings with him but is actually worse, that he views people as objects that are either useful or in his way. Apparently Trump hates everyone equally.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
the-pi-guy said:

>Okay but I'm still left wondering why Truth needed to mention "American Congresswomen of color".

And I'm left wondering why you're asking such basic questions.

>Why is the color part relevant?

Because people who are of color have been attacked and considered to be illegitimate Americans.  And the president of the United States have backed those attackers.  

You can twist and turn his comments 1000 ways to make them seem good or less hurtful than they are, but to the people that have heard those comments a thousand times before, they know what he means.  

"Because people who are of color have been attacked and considered to be illegitimate Americans."

>Because of their color?

Yes because of color. I'm a light skinned mixed raced Mexican and I can tell you, from personal experience, I have to deal with my fair share of racists but my darker brothers and sisters have it harder than me due to the darker color of their skin. It's called colorism and it works in tandem with racism. Reading about it wouldn't do you any harm. 

Immersiveunreality said:
KLAMarine said:

How?

The very first thing I would do if I was harassed or abused is try to get something down on tape. Would significantly bolster my case.

Oh,i'm not really a vengeful person and i'm not really feeling harassed or abused anymore.

I do not think it is healthy to be constantly thinking about "harming" others for the way they think,at best i can just change how they think by talking to them but a me against them mentality is mostly not constructive.

You do you then. I'd want to spotlight any and all abuses so as to prevent it from happening again.

tsogud said:
KLAMarine said:

"Because people who are of color have been attacked and considered to be illegitimate Americans."

>Because of their color?

Yes because of color. I'm a light skinned mixed raced Mexican and I can tell you, from personal experience, I have to deal with my fair share of racists but my darker brothers and sisters have it harder than me due to the darker color of their skin. It's called colorism and it works in tandem with racism. Reading about it wouldn't do you any harm. 

What do you have to deal with. I'm curious.

KLAMarine said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Oh,i'm not really a vengeful person and i'm not really feeling harassed or abused anymore.

I do not think it is healthy to be constantly thinking about "harming" others for the way they think,at best i can just change how they think by talking to them but a me against them mentality is mostly not constructive.

You do you then. I'd want to spotlight any and all abuses so as to prevent it from happening again.

tsogud said:

A lot, especially when I was younger in my formative years. There was a time when I felt ashamed of being who I was. People would falsely accuse me of being an immigrant and all the negative stigma that came with it effected me. I've had every racist stereotypical Mexican insult said or yelled at me at one time or another, "go back" insults are the most prevalent. Because of this I would intentionally lighten my skin and not go outside, I darken incredibly easily, in order to look as "white" as possible (it didn't really work.) And since I'm mixed there's a lot of racist shit I had to deal with even within my own family. At one of my jobs I had worked at, I was paid less than my white colleagues and they had the same job description and even had less experience than me. My brother had a similar issue in construction, he managed a group of people and he was being underpaid getting the same amount as the people under him, while his white colleagues with the same job description were getting paid the right wage.

That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface and people who are darker have it even more hard. I'm not gonna go through everything that's happened to me due to racism because it's just too much to count.

KLAMarine said:
Immersiveunreality said:

tsogud said:

How would you prevent it by doing that,people being ignorant to you is no clear abuse but just stupid and it is a part of humanity in it's current form.

Making recordings of mean words by different people would give the cops a good laugh and that's it and besides of that it is unlogical to permanently focus your life on the negative,people are too obsessed with getting back at others that it makes even bigger gaps between groups that already do not understand eachother.

Around the Network

tsogud said:
KLAMarine said:

A lot, especially when I was younger in my formative years. There was a time when I felt ashamed of being who I was. People would falsely accuse me of being an immigrant and all the negative stigma that came with it effected me. I've had every racist stereotypical Mexican insult said or yelled at me at one time or another, "go back" insults are the most prevalent. Because of this I would intentionally lighten my skin and not go outside, I darken incredibly easily, in order to look as "white" as possible (it didn't really work.) And since I'm mixed there's a lot of racist shit I had to deal with even within my own family. At one of my jobs I had worked at, I was paid less than my white colleagues and they had the same job description and even had less experience than me. My brother had a similar issue in construction, he managed a group of people and he was being underpaid getting the same amount as the people under him, while his white colleagues with the same job description were getting paid the right wage.

That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface and people who are darker have it even more hard. I'm not gonna go through everything that's happened to me due to racism because it's just too much to count.

How do you come to learn the pay rate of your colleagues? I have no way of learning what my own colleagues are paid and it would be very awkward for me to just ask them hence I just don't.

Immersiveunreality said:
KLAMarine said:

How would you prevent it by doing that,people being ignorant to you is no clear abuse but just stupid and it is a part of humanity in it's current form.

Making recordings of mean words by different people would give the cops a good laugh and that's it and besides of that it is unlogical to permanently focus your life on the negative,people are too obsessed with getting back at others that it makes even bigger gaps between groups that already do not understand eachother.

But you speak of "beatings" and people wanting people "shot" or "harmed".

"beatings till i got taller and was able to defend myself better,people openly talking about that they want coloured humans to be shot or talking about harming them on their own in different ways."

That sounds very serious to me and worthy of documentation.

KLAMarine said:

tsogud said:

How do you come to learn the pay rate of your colleagues? I have no way of learning what my own colleagues are paid and it would be very awkward for me to just ask them hence I just don't.

It's not like I straight up asked, it wasn't even on my radar. We were friends and talked about random shit while working, as friends do, and one of our convos somehow ended up talking about money and one thing led to another and I found out that way.

tsogud said:
KLAMarine said:

It's not like I straight up asked, it wasn't even on my radar. We were friends and talked about random shit while working, as friends do, and one of our convos somehow ended up talking about money and one thing led to another and I found out that way.

Just to be clear, I'm not indicating this job/wage thing is nothing...but same job description does NOT always equal same pay.

Performance/effort can absolutely result in differences in raises, etc. Unfortunately, whether or not you were "one of the best" can't really even be added to this argument, because everybody seems to think they are amazing at their jobs. So your response will obviously be along the lines of "I was as good or better at my job then the white guys".

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

tsogud said:
KLAMarine said:

Did you try asking upper management why you were paid less?

KLAMarine said:

tsogud said:

Immersiveunreality said:

But you speak of "beatings" and people wanting people "shot" or "harmed".

"beatings till i got taller and was able to defend myself better,people openly talking about that they want coloured humans to be shot or talking about harming them on their own in different ways."

That sounds very serious to me and worthy of documentation.

Thought you meant doing something about it in current days.

Yeah i was a kid back then and the problem with victims like that is that they mostly hate themselves too and feel very powerless to try and change the situation, an adult should have done something but that sadly did not happen.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 18 August 2019