By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

About the answer I expected.

And I can still tell you this doesn't mean it has anything to do with being non-white. I continually got told in my 1st job that the company couldn't afford anything over $15/hour. They proceeded to hire an assistant person at $20/hour (I did payroll so was very aware of what she made) who I trained as she had zero experience in the role at all.

I'm a white person, she just clearly was better at negotiating or something.

Regardless, the problem was resolved with me leaving shortly after for a job that treated me better.

These kinds of situations don't always have to boil down to race.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:

And I can still tell you this doesn't mean it has anything to do with being non-white. I continually got told in my 1st job that the company couldn't afford anything over $15/hour. They proceeded to hire an assistant person at $20/hour (I did payroll so was very aware of what she made) who I trained as she had zero experience in the role at all.

Regardless, the problem was resolved with me leaving shortly after for a job that treated me better.

About the answer I expected from an ignorant white person. Instead of using your privilege to help people of color, like myself, you remain willfully ignorant of the realities of the world and choose to bury your head in the sand. Denial is the first step to acceptance. As a queer poc I KNOW when it has to do with my race or my queerness, again I'm not an idiot, if it had nothing to do with my race I wouldn't have given it as an example.

When someone gives a personal legitimate experience of discrimination in the workplace your first instinct shouldn't be to try to downplay it and say it isn't real. Especially when you have mine and so many other stories of it happening out there. Not only is it grossly insensitive on your part but it tells me you're lacking in humanity and really don't care about the equal treatment of others.

It didn't have to do with race for you because maybe you just sucked at your job and they realized hiring an assistant would've helped. Or maybe they realized you were a little racist and didn't like you for that. Or maybe you didn't know she had a different job description and job title than you. Or maybe you just suck at being a people person and they really didn't enjoy someone like that handling payroll. It didn't boil down to race for you, no sir, it boiled down to just you personally.

Last edited by tsogud - on 19 August 2019

Baalzamon said:

Everything does not always have to boil down to everything.

But someone that has known and experienced this facet of life  from being a child to adult could be given some credit of trust on what they try to explain on this matter.

Baalzamon said:

Yep, it's the answer you expected.  It's like the answer a lot of white people expected when people of color stated decades about police abuse and white people would say, naw it's your fault.  Now a days there is video evidence and they still say, naw it's your fault.  You were moving, didn't follow orders, blew your nose whatever.  Its the same basic dismissal people of color have experienced on so many occasions that your answer was also expected.  Nope there is no discrimination in the workplace because I can show you one example where people of color could show you thousands.  Nothing to see here just another dismissal as usual.

Snoopy said:
the-pi-guy said:

>Democrats did create the KKK

In the same way that Republicans started abortion.  

>Democrat cities have hurt black people a lot more than the KKK recently. So many gun-related deaths, destroyed families, and blacks living in poverty

These are complicated issues, and simply putting the blame on Democrats is exaggerative.  

> Or as Lyndon B Johnson put it "I'll have those (n word) voting Democrat for the next 200 years".

Nothing like using a made up quote to try proving a point.  

Yes, Democrats are racist, but at least they talk about trying solutions.

Democrats receive all the stats on why their cities are getting worse in terms of crime rate, yet they still make things worse on purpose so the citizens will have to rely on the government.

Cities are not getting worse in terms of crime rates. The vast majority are getting better and have been for decades. There has been an uptick in homicides in some areas (such as Chicago), however if the assertion here is that homicide rates are increasing because of democratic governance, most of these areas have been democratic for years, so it wouldn't make sense to assert that a recent uptick is a result of the same policies that have existed for years of decline.

Around the Network

I'm sorry, but that is the most ridiculous argument I think I've quite frankly ever seen.

You not only proceed to tell me you absolutely can tell with certainty when something is due to race (when quite frankly, I hear stretches about this all the time. I ALSO hear many cases that prove to be true. But simply being somebody that HAS experienced something does not make you some all wise person who can just tell with certainty every single case that had to do with race). So no, for doubting your ONLINE example that illustrates this perfect instance of supposed racism, I'm not some racist myself.

It is also QUITE ironic how you completely dismiss my ability to judge your situation...you then proceed to say how there is quite clearly another reason for mine. You indicate it must mean I wasn't qualified, or was too racist, or didnt realize she had a different job title than me.

Do you not find it even remotely ironic how your situation cannot POSSIBLY have another explanation, yet you are able to come up with all of these explanations for my situation? For all I know, they absolutely couldn't stand me and just didn't want to pay me more. That is absolutely possible.

But it's also possible in your case. Get off the high horse buddy.

Machiavellian said:
Baalzamon said:

Yep, it's the answer you expected.  It's like the answer a lot of white people expected when people of color stated decades about police abuse and white people would say, naw it's your fault.  Now a days there is video evidence and they still say, naw it's your fault.  You were moving, didn't follow orders, blew your nose whatever.  Its the same basic dismissal people of color have experienced on so many occasions that your answer was also expected.  Nope there is no discrimination in the workplace because I can show you one example where people of color could show you thousands.  Nothing to see here just another dismissal as usual.

It actually has nothing to do with white black Asian or any other race.

I've just heard this EXACT argument from virtually every single person that has ever discussed being underpaid.

They all think they are indesposable, high performers, team players, etc.

I've even used this same argument when I've thought I was underpaid. I've thought that my particular case was more an instance of ageism and the owners just thinking I was too young to make any more, but the problem was quickly resolved by leaving.

I haven't even stated that this case is with absolute certainty false. I simply went into detail about why a situation such as that when described often excludes many of the details necessary. As a result, the example is quite frankly useless.

But in this process, I've apparently myself become a horrible racist for even suggesting somebody could POSSIBLY not know all of the details.

Baalzamon said:

I'm sorry, but that is the most ridiculous argument I think I've quite frankly ever seen.

You not only proceed to tell me you absolutely can tell with certainty when something is due to race (when quite frankly, I hear stretches about this all the time. I ALSO hear many cases that prove to be true. But simply being somebody that HAS experienced something does not make you some all wise person who can just tell with certainty every single case that had to do with race). So no, for doubting your ONLINE example that illustrates this perfect instance of supposed racism, I'm not some racist myself.

It is also QUITE ironic how you completely dismiss my ability to judge your situation...you then proceed to say how there is quite clearly another reason for mine. You indicate it must mean I wasn't qualified, or was too racist, or didnt realize she had a different job title than me.

Do you not find it even remotely ironic how your situation cannot POSSIBLY have another explanation, yet you are able to come up with all of these explanations for my situation? For all I know, they absolutely couldn't stand me and just didn't want to pay me more. That is absolutely possible.

But it's also possible in your case. Get off the high horse buddy.

Buddy, that was the point of that paragraph.... It was supposed to be ironic to point out the ridiculousness of your statement. That one flew right over your head. How is anybody supposed to trust your judgement if you can't even see that?

tsogud said:
Snoopy said:

> Complicated issues

Democrats receive all the stats on why their cities are getting worse in terms of crime rate, yet they still make things worse on purpose so the citizens will have to rely on the government.

The quote was by a credible author and LBJ was a notorious racist and said arguably worse things.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-voting-democratic/

>Uses made up quote

>Gives source to prove quote is real

>Source says the quote's unproven based on very little evidence

Lmao

The quote was heard and reported by a reliable insider. Back then, we didn't have the technology or media coverage as we do now to have everything on video. Not to mention LBJ is a known racist who said things that is arguably more racist. 

sundin13 said:
Snoopy said:

Cities are not getting worse in terms of crime rates. The vast majority are getting better and have been for decades. There has been an uptick in homicides in some areas (such as Chicago), however if the assertion here is that homicide rates are increasing because of democratic governance, most of these areas have been democratic for years, so it wouldn't make sense to assert that a recent uptick is a result of the same policies that have existed for years of decline.

If you compare to the 90's you are right. That is when Liberals were at their worse after all. However, if you see what is happening now in the last few years, it is getting worse. That's why you are seeing a spike at the end of the graph for those cities. Also, there are also other cities like Baltimore and San Jose that will cause a huge spike. There is also more to crime besides murder.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 19 August 2019