By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Baalzamon said:
tsogud said:

It's not like I came to this conclusion on a whim, I'm not a lunatic, I don't automatically attribute racism to every injustice I come across.

Nor did I accuse you of this. I merely asked a question I tend to bring up to anybody who complains about their low wages.

I'd also like to point out, however, how quick you were to label me an insensitive racist when you know so so so little about me (you've seen what, a couple of comments I've posted on an online forum?). Bizarre how quick you were able to come to such a conclusion merely based on somebody questioning your story told online.

No more need for this to continue, it's clearly a waste of time.

Bruh once again you miss the point.. it's not merely just a complaint on a wage I earned for a job I held in the past. It's discrimination told from the viewpoint of a poc and somehow that upsets and triggers you enough to comment the things you did.

I'd also like to point out that I never called you a racist. You're comprehension seems lacking. Bizarre how quick you are to not understand simple statements?

You weren't questioning my experience, you were saying it's worthless, dismissing it and downplaying it. Let's not get things twisted lmao

Last edited by tsogud - on 19 August 2019

Around the Network
tsogud said:
Baalzamon said:
About the answer I expected.

And I can still tell you this doesn't mean it has anything to do with being non-white. I continually got told in my 1st job that the company couldn't afford anything over $15/hour. They proceeded to hire an assistant person at $20/hour (I did payroll so was very aware of what she made) who I trained as she had zero experience in the role at all.

I'm a white person, she just clearly was better at negotiating or something.

Regardless, the problem was resolved with me leaving shortly after for a job that treated me better.

These kinds of situations don't always have to boil down to race.

About the answer I expected from an ignorant white person. Instead of using your privilege to help people of color, like myself, you remain willfully ignorant of the realities of the world and choose to bury your head in the sand. Denial is the first step to acceptance. As a queer poc I KNOW when it has to do with my race or my queerness, again I'm not an idiot, if it had nothing to do with my race I wouldn't have given it as an example.

When someone gives a personal legitimate experience of discrimination in the workplace your first instinct shouldn't be to try to downplay it and say it isn't real. Especially when you have mine and so many other stories of it happening out there. Not only is it grossly insensitive on your part but it tells me you're lacking in humanity and really don't care about the equal treatment of others.

It didn't have to do with race for you because maybe you just sucked at your job and they realized hiring an assistant would've helped. Or maybe they realized you were a little racist and didn't like you for that. Or maybe you didn't know she had a different job description and job title than you. Or maybe you just suck at being a people person and they really didn't enjoy someone like that handling payroll. It didn't boil down to race for you, no sir, it boiled down to just you personally.

Do you want to know why I don't believe your story? And no, it has nothing to do with your being a poc. It has to do with the facts being provided (not only did you know your wage compared to your white co-worker friends...plausible; your brother also knew his wage relative to the white employees he supervised as well as all of the white employees who had the same role as him. Bro...that's just a little far fetched for me to believe), and you being the first to completely freak out. I simply stated, hey, there might be some more details you aren't aware of here. You responded with a rude comment back, and called me an ignorant white person with privilege.

You then went on to tell me that I potentially sucked at my job, am too racist myself, or just suck at being a people person (you conveniently then later stated this was all just a joke). Came across as you being pretty upset and lashing out at me. I should have simply reported you here rather than having a worthless argument where I also got tilted.

Thanks for getting me tilted. I'm done.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
tsogud said:

About the answer I expected from an ignorant white person. Instead of using your privilege to help people of color, like myself, you remain willfully ignorant of the realities of the world and choose to bury your head in the sand. Denial is the first step to acceptance. As a queer poc I KNOW when it has to do with my race or my queerness, again I'm not an idiot, if it had nothing to do with my race I wouldn't have given it as an example.

When someone gives a personal legitimate experience of discrimination in the workplace your first instinct shouldn't be to try to downplay it and say it isn't real. Especially when you have mine and so many other stories of it happening out there. Not only is it grossly insensitive on your part but it tells me you're lacking in humanity and really don't care about the equal treatment of others.

It didn't have to do with race for you because maybe you just sucked at your job and they realized hiring an assistant would've helped. Or maybe they realized you were a little racist and didn't like you for that. Or maybe you didn't know she had a different job description and job title than you. Or maybe you just suck at being a people person and they really didn't enjoy someone like that handling payroll. It didn't boil down to race for you, no sir, it boiled down to just you personally.

Do you want to know why I don't believe your story? And no, it has nothing to do with your being a poc. It has to do with the facts being provided (not only did you know your wage compared to your white co-worker friends...plausible; your brother also knew his wage relative to the white employees he supervised as well as all of the white employees who had the same role as him. Bro...that's just a little far fetched for me to believe), and you being the first to completely freak out. I simply stated, hey, there might be some more details you aren't aware of here. You responded with a rude comment back, and called me an ignorant white person with privilege.

You then went on to tell me that I potentially sucked at my job, am too racist myself, or just suck at being a people person (you conveniently then later stated this was all just a joke). Came across as you being pretty upset and lashing out at me. I should have simply reported you here rather than having a worthless argument where I also got tilted.

Thanks for getting me tilted. I'm done.

You should've simply stated you didn't believe me, instead of being incredibly insensitive and offensive by dismissing my experience. I would've just ignored you. I don't have to explain every little detail of how my brother got to know his co-workers pay and that whole situation because I don't owe you that and that's his business I just highlighted it as an example.

It wasn't "convenient" you were just too triggered to realize it was ironic in the first place.

I think you believe discrimination of this nature, and maybe in general, just doesn't exist or doesn't matter and when confronted with reality you get upset because it doesn't fit your bias you've already decided on.

Sorry if I was insensitive towards the topic/situation at hand. I should have kept my temper under control and approached it differently.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

@Hiku yeah you're right, my bad. I should've been more mindful of my language.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Snoopy said:

Dude, look at the chart, it wasn't until the late '90s when things started to really improve for some of the cities. It was extremely bad and not just for murders, but the crime rate as a whole. All Democrats really did was move their problems from one city to the next. That chart doesn't show all the major Democrat cities especially ones that are suffering now like never before like Baltimore, San Jose and Memphis.

The chart pretty clearly shows things improving after 1991.  

Just a suggestion, maybe instead of vaguely stating that "Democrats were bad", "Democrats moved their problems from one city to the next", maybe try giving some actual examples of what policies Democrats supported at the time that actually led to these things.  That is something with merits that can actually be discussed unlike "Dems bad".  

The chart clearly shows the 90's was still historically bad and only the 70s is comparable.

The fact that Democrat cities like Detroit ran the automobile industry away that caused Detroit to be the shit hole it is today with their extreme business regulations.

sundin13 said:
Snoopy said:

Dude, look at the chart, it wasn't until the late '90s when things started to really improve for some of the cities. It was extremely bad and not just for murders, but the crime rate as a whole. All Democrats really did was move their problems from one city to the next. That chart doesn't show all the major Democrat cities especially ones that are suffering now like never before like Baltimore, San Jose and Memphis.

This is objectively false.

All I have left to say to you is this: Please, provide evidence that what you are saying is true if you wish to have a conversation. I can only argue against broad, subjective generalizations and conjecture for so long.

Dude, look at the chart and notice that the 90's was terrible and had a higher murder rate than the last two decades. It was until the end of the 90's when the murder rate started going back down to the level of the 60's which is considered pretty normal. However, if you look at the end of the chart (last 10 years) you can see another spike is occurring.

Snoopy said:
sundin13 said:

This is objectively false.

All I have left to say to you is this: Please, provide evidence that what you are saying is true if you wish to have a conversation. I can only argue against broad, subjective generalizations and conjecture for so long.

Dude, look at the chart and notice that the 90's was terrible and had a higher murder rate than the last two decades. It was until the end of the 90's when the murder rate started going back down to the level of the 60's which is considered pretty normal. However, if you look at the end of the chart (last 10 years) you can see another spike is occurring.

The homicide rate was plummeting through almost the entirety of the '90s. Under your assertion that democratic policies are the cause of increasing crime rates, this trend makes no sense. You cannot claim that something is making something else worse without evidence past the fact that rapid improvement was seen during the time period that was supposedly "the worst".

How does this not compute? Like, do you not understand how time works? Do you not understand that in order to get from bad->good, you typically have to go through everything in between?

While it is tremendously unnecessary, here is yet another graph showing how this argument is bullshit:

As you can see, the trend is consistent across both Rural (largely Republican) and Urban (largely Democrat) areas for the past two decades, with Urban areas rapidly catching up to the lower crime rates of Rural areas (meaning improvement has been greater in Democratic areas than Republican areas). This implies a lot of things. First of all, it implies that you are thoroughly full of shit, but we already knew that. Second, it implies that the spike in crime in the early '90s was not strictly a result of local politics. It implies that there was instead larger cultural or national level trends leading to this higher crime rate, which is further obfuscated by the fact that this was not just a national trend, it was largely a global one.

You have nothing.

No, you have less than nothing.

SpokenTruth said:
Until Snoopy can produce the following:

1). Evidence that Democrats intentionally "increase gun violence, poverty, and broken families so they become more reliant on the government and give them more votes".
2). Evidence that Democratic mayors "move their problems from one city to the next".

I encourage we stop debating with him. He's clearing not engaging with us in good faith.

I don't think I've ever seen him debate in good faith before, to be honest.

SpokenTruth said:
Until Snoopy can produce the following:

1). Evidence that Democrats intentionally "increase gun violence, poverty, and broken families so they become more reliant on the government and give them more votes".
2). Evidence that Democratic mayors "move their problems from one city to the next".

I encourage we stop debating with him. He's clearing not engaging with us in good faith.

Beside the fact that he doesn't make sense. After all, he's claiming that there's more gun violence because democrats restricted gun access. So they cause more gun violence because they don't have access to guns so they're killing with the guns they don't have... huh?