By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is everyone's Internet speed like? (In relation to Google Stadia being announced...)

What's your internet speed?

Less than 10mbps 15 11.19%

10-50 mbps 38 28.36%

50-100 mbps 35 26.12%

100-300 mbps 35 26.12%

300-900 mbps 7 5.22%

900+ mbps 4 2.99%

Total:134

50 mbps download and upload

edit: Did a speedtest

Last edited by melbye - on 20 March 2019

Around the Network

This poll was badly made. 50 mbps in the USA is stupidly good. There are a huge amount of people in the USA with with sub 5mbps internet. Probably somewhere around 20% or more.

If I wanted 95 mbps internet I'd have to sign up for Mediacom's $80 a month plan, and then after the first year the cost goes up. That $80 doesn't even include taxes or fees either, so in reality it's more like $100 a month for "up to" 100 mbps.

BasilZero said:

So with Google Stadia announced, PSNow becoming bigger and Microsoft with its xCloud - and the apparent nature of the Streaming world with Netflix, etc.

What is your internet speed and stats?

--------

Mine for an example is....

I dont know whether if its my equipment that is messed up or there's something going wrong with my internet but I have Fiber internet from Windstream....

Company: Windstream
Type: Fiber
Download: 95
Upload: 95
Price: $60
No Cap

I know they say up to...but when I first got the service it was around 200 to 300 mbps for both download and upload - now...its like this hmm.

---

At my old home, with Comcast - my download was around 30 and upload was around 5  with a 1 TB Cap lol - was paying $50...

Just check this website https://www.atlasandboots.com/remote-jobs/countries-with-the-fastest-internet-in-the-world/

280-300 MB Down
12 MB Up

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Currently 38, minus the other 32.
Shitty Vodafone.

Around the Network

DSL
30ms ping (average)
5.0mbps down
0.6mbps up
300GB cap
$40 per month

This is the highest package available to us other than $60 per month for unlimited, which isn't really worth it with such slow speeds.

DSL only came here around 2012, and the 5.0 mbps package was closer to 2.0 mbps on average before. Mid last year it was finally brought up to snuff because another ISP brought fiber to the closest towns nearby, relieving the congestion on the existing system. I got to speak face to face with the CEO of the fiber ISP and they made it clear their fiber, only a few km's away, ain't coming here for at least a decade, probably longer. Bell also told us they're heavily focusing on simply upgrading the towns and cities since the rural area's don't make business sense, which likely means this is the best we're getting until around 2030 if not later.

Ping 4ms DL 47.20 Mbps UL 18.78 Mbps , but it's not unusual to see those DL figures in the 90's and constant during off peak times .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

4mbps download 0.7mbps upload

BasilZero said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
This poll was badly made. 50 mbps in the USA is stupidly good. There are a huge amount of people in the USA with with sub 5mbps internet. Probably somewhere around 20% or more.

If I wanted 95 mbps internet I'd have to sign up for Mediacom's $80 a month plan, and then after the first year the cost goes up. That $80 doesn't even include taxes or fees either, so in reality it's more like $100 a month for "up to" 100 mbps.

I copied the poll from ERA l0l.

It's still a bad poll no matter where it came from. Average internet speed in the USA is around 24 mbps. 

somewhat interested, tbh

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.