By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

He's been offering advice and has been informered on Biden's campaign strategies.

Around the Network

100% clean energy in 10 years is as likely as 100% ending racism in 10 years.

Yes, I know there has been plenty of alarm concerning how quickly action needs to be taken... but the truth is that we need far more powerful computers and better climate models with increased granularity etc. to settle the question of what and where, between a mild nuisance and a world-ending scenario, will global warming end up being.

Also... nothing will keep India, an economy which will match the US in size in less than fifteen years, from burning an awful lot of coal. So there's that.

haxxiy said:

Yes, I know there has been plenty of alarm concerning how quickly action needs to be taken... but the truth is that we need far more powerful computers and better climate models with increased granularity etc. to settle the question of what and where, between a mild nuisance and a world-ending scenario, will global warming end up being.

Also... nothing will keep India, an economy which will match the US in size in less than fifteen years, from burning an awful lot of coal. So there's that.

I'm going to need some sources about India matching United States economy.

So we're now a couple weeks out from the last debate, which means that the full impact is now in at this point. The Real Clear Politics average of the six most recent major national polls has this as the current breakdown:

Biden: 30.5%
Warren: 17.3%
Sanders: 16%
Harris: 8%
Buttigieg: 5.2%
Others: >3%

The only noteworthy development I see here is that Elizabeth Warren has moved into second place not just in individual surveys, but in the overall polling average since the last debate, although not by much as yet. The question for Warren is whether this sticks and thus suggests that she has a chance to wind up as Biden's main rival once the primaries actually get underway or whether instead things now, after this point, start to reverse for her and she falls back to third again by the end of the month, which has been her position for most of this contest.

Two weeks out was the point of the most change resulting from the first debate rounds too. After that, things gradually reverted back to where they'd been before the first round of debates. The question is whether that's what will now happen relative to the second round of debates too.

It looks like Biden is napping himself to the nomination and eventual defeat .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

God, I hope so. If he wasn't Barack Obama's VP, not many would pay him any mind. He didn't make it to Super Tuesday in previous presidential elections. I really hope it stays that way.  I don't see Harris making it to Super Tuesday, either.

Sanders or Warren are the most likely to get the nomination to me. Of course, anything can change. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Sanders vs Warren as the only two left standing is a best case scenario. Although it would be interesting to see Yang in there for the UBI voice as it is going to be an increasingly important element of society. I hope to see him back for 2024.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Snoopy said:
haxxiy said:

That's from IMF data.

You can also search in the internet for the bank of your preference, since the likes of Standard Chartered, HSBC, Citigroup etc. will ocasionally offer papers on mid and long-term economic outlook for free.

haxxiy said:
Snoopy said:

That's from IMF data.

You can also search in the internet for the bank of your preference, since the likes of Standard Chartered, HSBC, Citigroup etc. will ocasionally offer papers on mid and long-term economic outlook for free.

According to the graph, China's percent of global GDP should be more than the United States right now, which isn't the case.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I don't think he'll get nominated just yet.

Biden has the majority of the moderate votes for himself. I doubt many of the candidates who will drop out will support him except the ones who are polling below 1% right now. The moderate votes are much more split up, and once the field clears here Biden will get beaten. Warren especially is in a good spot for this, as she's often the first alternative for the voters if their favorite drops out.

Also, time is against him. Biden has over 50% of the votes from Boomers and silents, but that drops quite a notch already with the X-ers and then with the Millenials he has trouble to and Z he doesn't even get to double digits anymore.