By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

Mnementh said:
Rab said:

Some reasonably choose not to vote as they have little faith in the current pick and can't bring themselves to vote, the establishment Dems have shamed people to vote for them for decades, the Est Dems take it for granted and wont change because they expect you to vote, but people have seen little change to their lives for the better, people are done with the Est picks, and the Dems need to know the people's vote wont go automatically to them because they are the lesser of two evils

Times are a changing    

Moren works his ass off to secure Trumps reelection. Because this blatant vote-shaming is so disgusting, people will be pushed from leaning democrats into non-voting or 3rd-party. The best part is him explaining, that he only rails against people who wouldn't have voted dems in the first place. As if others don't see his behaviour and understand that you face toxicity, if you don't vote for the establishment candidate.

And to be clear: I said myself, that Biden took real steps to brng even progressive in his camp, but people like Moren depend on toxicity instead. If Biden loses, it is because of 'fans' like that.

Yes. I've lost the Western European vote and the Australian vote. Two key demographics in 2020.

Around the Network
Moren said:
Mnementh said:

Moren works his ass off to secure Trumps reelection. Because this blatant vote-shaming is so disgusting, people will be pushed from leaning democrats into non-voting or 3rd-party. The best part is him explaining, that he only rails against people who wouldn't have voted dems in the first place. As if others don't see his behaviour and understand that you face toxicity, if you don't vote for the establishment candidate.

And to be clear: I said myself, that Biden took real steps to brng even progressive in his camp, but people like Moren depend on toxicity instead. If Biden loses, it is because of 'fans' like that.

Yes. I've lost the Western European vote and the Australian vote. Two key demographics in 2020.

Well, I realized long ago, that I am way more allied with working poor around the world than with some rich twit in europe. But decades of nationalistic propaganda from the right wing has surely settled the idea in many peoples minds, that the politics is nationalist. Maybe people would realize this nationalized thinking and nationalized politics is stupid, if - say some global health crisis would remind them we live in *one* world... oh wait!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

coolbeans said:
Machiavellian said:

Yeah, you need to get off that horse.  Why is it so hard for you to believe NO one until all the information comes forward.  Oh well, I guess in your world there is no need for any evidence even though you stated you had a friend falsely accused.  I guess you still believe that person did it since we should believe all women first and check our brains at the door.

What's hilarious is Biden and fellow cronies didn't seem to mind this rhetoric when Kavanaugh went through his show trial.  And while I do empathize with what you've previously brought up about gathering evidence from all possible avenues, why hasn't Biden gone by his own previously-held standards when it comes to this?  Even if this claim of forced finger-****ing turns out to be false and there's only enough to suggest he was just his creepy-as-hell hands-y self with Reade, the rational approach in clearing one's name would be to step down from your national platform until a thorough investigation was completed.  That's practically a 1:1 interpretation of his argument when a 'political rival' (so to speak) faced similar allegations.

I absolutely do not care what Biden or anyone else believed during Kavanaugh trial since my stance was the same on that situation as well.  I am not looking at the situation based on political affiliation.  You do not gather any evidence until you are going to court.  What good is gathering all evidence when there is nothing to present to.  Since Biden is the defendant in this situation, its up to Reade to go to court to get everything out.

My problem with this whole thing is that in the beginning, Reade did not mention nothing about Rape nor did the neighbor she told.  There story was totally different and then only months later did it change.  A consistent story is always relevant in cases like this because it gives the appearance that you either do not remember what happen or you are making things up.  Either way, I am done with Reade allegations until she get serious and take it to court.  As I stated before, its a waste of time doing this out of court because we cannot see witnesses cross examined or the evidence all in one place for review.  Right now there isn't anything that collaborate Reade rape allegations.

Mnementh said:
Moren said:

Well, I realized long ago, that I am way more allied with working poor around the world than with some rich twit in europe. But decades of nationalistic propaganda from the right wing has surely settled the idea in many peoples minds, that the politics is nationalist. Maybe people would realize this nationalized thinking and nationalized politics is stupid, if - say some global health crisis would remind them we live in *one* world... oh wait!

Ah. Being aligned with the working poor, while being a complete ideologue parroting fringe talking points, working to undermine the will of the working poor, which was Joe Biden, and put the poor in harm's way.

Moren said:
Mnementh said:

Ah. Being aligned with the working poor, while being a complete ideologue parroting fringe talking points, working to undermine the will of the working poor, which was Joe Biden, and put the poor in harm's way.

You move goalposts. I already for some time accepted Bidens win and applauded his steps towards integrating progressives.

But I still oppose vote shaming. And you reacted to my point, that your vote-shaming is helping Trump with your nationalistic viewpoint. So who here undermines the will of the working poor? Who here works towards reelecting Trump? Because this ridiculous and toxic vote-shaming is a surefire way to alienate people from the democrats. And that includes also bystanders that are reading this thread but don't directly engaging. And it will alienate people not only for this election, but for years to come. Because such behaviour against people who raise concerns about *one* candidate destroys the trust in the reliability of the party overall.

I may disagree with the concerns people raise, but I know better than to say they *must* vote for that candidate despite all doubts. It is better to address the concers directly.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Rab said:
Machiavellian said:

Interesting, why because the very same people who are claiming this is coming from Biden camp actually did not have any evidence of the sort.  So first they make that claim then never back it up while they then try to show bias from the other news site all the while showing their own.  why don't you read the 2 articles instead of posting the Hill opinion piece since they are more concerned about giving their opinion then you actually doing your own reading.

If you know these guys at all they do build a case with evidence, often looking at the whole picture to put things in perspective, they are very good at what they do, your criticisms of them come across as gaslighting, if I want to post something from them I will, the post wasn't directed at you as you are not referred to in anyway   

No, I do not know these guys and I saw no evidence in that opinion piece. What I saw is what ever opinion piece does is be one sided.  Case in point they say collusion from Biden because one article got 74 witnesses.  They never back this claim up only suggesting that its hard to do so Biden camp had to be involved.  In my mind it is gaslighting.  If you are going to out other news agency then your story has to be devoid of opinions you cannot backup with evidence.  

You can post whatever you want, never stated that you cannot, but do not believe everyone is going to just swallow opinion piece gunk like this just because you believe they are factual.  If anything they are just the other side of opinion pieces.  Why post it anyway if you did not believe some people would actually watch it and have an opinion on it.  

Machiavellian said:
Rab said:

If you know these guys at all they do build a case with evidence, often looking at the whole picture to put things in perspective, they are very good at what they do, your criticisms of them come across as gaslighting, if I want to post something from them I will, the post wasn't directed at you as you are not referred to in anyway   

No, I do not know these guys and I saw no evidence in that opinion piece. What I saw is what ever opinion piece does is be one sided.  Case in point they say collusion from Biden because one article got 74 witnesses.  They never back this claim up only suggesting that its hard to do so Biden camp had to be involved.  In my mind it is gaslighting.  If you are going to out other news agency then your story has to be devoid of opinions you cannot backup with evidence.  

You can post whatever you want, never stated that you cannot, but do not believe everyone is going to just swallow opinion piece gunk like this just because you believe they are factual.  If anything they are just the other side of opinion pieces.  Why post it anyway if you did not believe some people would actually watch it and have an opinion on it.  

Well then you should get to know them before gaslighting them, because I don't believe your analysis of them is right, they have both a left leaning and a right leaning commentator (both sides of the coin) on the program for balance, they always back up what they think with the most up to date information, and revisit their view if new information comes to light, they do look at the big picture and bring on both Dems and Reps to talk, it is quite a unique program in this era of  partisan politics and media

You made the comment directed at me that I should have done something else instead post the video of a Hill discussion, an attempt to gaslight me   

Last edited by Rab - on 19 May 2020

Rab said:
Machiavellian said:

Well then you should get to know them before gaslighting them, because I don't believe your analysis of them is right, they have both a left leaning and a right leaning commentator (both sides of the coin) on the program for balance, they always back up what they think with the most up to date information, and revisit their view if new information comes to light, they do look at the big picture and bring on both Dems and Reps to talk, it is quite a unique program in this era of  partisan politics and media

You made the comment directed at me that I should have done something else instead post the video of a Hill discussion, an attempt to gaslight me   

Na, if this video is anything to go by then definitely no.  There are enough opinion pieces out on the net, I do not need another one trying to convince me to believe what they are selling, instead, I will do what I always do and just read multiple articles on any subject and form my own opinion.  You will find out I do not care about political leanings and just want the information without the slant.  Since most times this is hard to achieve, I prefer to limit it as much as possible.

You let me know when they backup their claims that Biden colluded with the other news agency for those articles then I will more than happy to take back what I stated, Until then its just more political junk.

Yes, my last comment is that in order to form your own opinion you actually need to read the articles they are talking about instead of just listening to talking heads and just believing what they say.

Machiavellian said:
Rab said:

Na, if this video is anything to go by then definitely no.  There are enough opinion pieces out on the net, I do not need another one trying to convince me to believe what they are selling, instead, I will do what I always do and just read multiple articles on any subject and form my own opinion.  You will find out I do not care about political leanings and just want the information without the slant.  Since most times this is hard to achieve, I prefer to limit it as much as possible.

You let me know when they backup their claims that Biden colluded with the other news agency for those articles then I will more than happy to take back what I stated, Until then its just more political junk.

Yes, my last comment is that in order to form your own opinion you actually need to read the articles they are talking about instead of just listening to talking heads and just believing what they say.

Biden has been getting softballs from the Est. Media and Dems since this all started, I appreciate The Hill probing and asking questions, few other news agencies have done much at all in vetting Biden, it has to be done so we don't end up with another lame duck president including the baggage of rape, he and the establishment should clear the air, but based off their track record they won't, they will misinform, misdirect and cover up resulting in people from the left moving further away from and weakening the Dems.. I can only imagine the uproar from the media and the Dems if this was Bernie :/        

Last edited by Rab - on 19 May 2020

coolbeans said:
Machiavellian said:

I absolutely do not care what Biden or anyone else believed during Kavanaugh trial since my stance was the same on that situation as well.  I am not looking at the situation based on political affiliation.  You do not gather any evidence until you are going to court.  What good is gathering all evidence when there is nothing to present to.  Since Biden is the defendant in this situation, its up to Reade to go to court to get everything out.

My problem with this whole thing is that in the beginning, Reade did not mention nothing about Rape nor did the neighbor she told.  There story was totally different and then only months later did it change.  A consistent story is always relevant in cases like this because it gives the appearance that you either do not remember what happen or you are making things up.  Either way, I am done with Reade allegations until she get serious and take it to court.  As I stated before, its a waste of time doing this out of court because we cannot see witnesses cross examined or the evidence all in one place for review.  Right now there isn't anything that collaborate Reade rape allegations.

But "political affiliation" isn't the real baseline I'm looking at either, although it's part of equation here.  The principle comes back to something much simpler: reciprocity.  If Joe Biden is willing to take a moral stance in regards to #BelieveWomen against someone else, I don't see why it's wrong applying those same standards when accusations come his way.  And since this is in the venue of public opinion & winning a person's vote--versus a criminal court case, I'm not really sure how you expect this to proceed.

I'm really lost by what you mean here.  Do cold case files and investigative journalism come to mind?  There's never been this weird bubble you seem to be implying whereby "evidence" of suspected wrongdoing only starts when you go to court.  And that's especially tougher given the digital revolution we're in today.  You also seem to have an odd second sentence too.  The evidence gathered is literally being presented to the public given that Biden is trying to secure the highest public office in the US.  Granted, there are dangers TO this approach; but given the statue of limitations Wash DC seems to have regarding sexual assault her options are limited.

And that's fine too.  I--personally--have no quarrels sussing out all available evidence and testing their weight.  It's just a shame so much has been tied to smearing her character about liked tweets & blog posts instead.  As for the rape inconsistency there's actually a pretty easy 'cultural alibi' I can sympathize with women in previous decades: dealing with a stacked deck.  Whether it's in respect to the rigorous sifting through your personal life or the near-certainty that this may poison future employment prospects on Capitol Hill, arguing down to a lesser charge of 'sexual misconduct' with the hopes of him avoiding you is an understandable move.

I have no problem with Biden getting hammered for his position since I really do not care about Biden.  I am looking at the situation on how I view a case of this sort if I was a juror.  I have read multiple articles on the evidence and there really isn't anything there on Reade side that actually point to rape or even assault. Even by her own account she said she only made an official complaint that Biden made her uncomfortable.  Nothing on assault  so how are we to jump from being uncomfortable to sexual assault is really tough.  In the beginning when people where interviewed their story was totally different then next they change it to the current story.  This happen from the neighbor and her brother.  Its not that her story changed but also people who collaborated her story later also changed.  Also her praising Biden not to long ago just seemed odd since she has such detailed description of the incident.  I do not understand how you go from praising someone to saying they rape you.

I am saying the defendant doesn't need to gather any evidence if they are not going to court.  What exactly can the defendant do.  Someone says you rape them, how do you defend that especially in a case like this where there is no physical evidence to be obtained.

To your last paragraph, I totally agree that it was much tougher to bring out charges against someone in power like a Boss compared to now.  This is why I have said when such incidents happen today, sitting on it and waiting is the problem.