By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

Rab said:
Moren said:

One of my favorite moments post-Michigan was seeing Krystal Ball at her saltiest.

Yeah, She and others have talked about vote shaming 

Interesting times 

She is such a heroine. Standing up for what's right and what she believes in, even she stands alone.

Sure, she does it with her 43 million net worth completely isolated from any consequences, but still.

Last edited by Moren - on 19 May 2020

Around the Network
Moren said:
Rab said:

Yeah, She and others have talked about vote shaming 

Interesting times 

She is such a heroine. Standing up for what's right and what she believes in, even she stands alone.

Sure, she does it with her 43 million net worth completely isolated from any consequences, but still.

No one Knows what her net worth is and it's not relevant unless it is illegally obtained of course, that figure/rumor is most likely made up as far as anyone into facts knows and has been circulated in particular groups, any mention of it is a form of shaming whether true or not to gaslight her, vote shaming is also gaslighting, which of course is a form of insidious manipulation      

Last edited by Rab - on 19 May 2020

Rab said:
Moren said:

No one Knows what her net worth is and it's not relevant unless it is illegally obtained of course, that figure/rumor is most likely made up as far as anyone into facts knows and has been circulated in particular groups, any mention of it is a form of shaming whether true or not to gaslight her, vote shaming is also gaslighting, which of course is a form of insidious manipulation      

It's perfectly fine to vote shame someone like her, and I encourage people to do it.

Principled stances are only principled if there is a degree of self-sacrifice. There is nothing admirable about putting others in harm's way when you're living in luxury.

Moren said:
Rab said:

It's perfectly fine to vote shame someone like her, and I encourage people to do it.

Principled stances are only principled if there is a degree of self-sacrifice. There is nothing admirable about putting others in harm's way when you're living in luxury.

I disagree of course

I'm not sure your doing a great job at shaming, it's a little too obvious, it just makes people more combative ;) 

Rab said:
Moren said:

I disagree of course

I'm not sure your doing a great job at shaming, it's a little too obvious ;) 

Can't shame people who have no shame or empathy.

Around the Network
Moren said:
Rab said:

I disagree of course

I'm not sure your doing a great job at shaming, it's a little too obvious ;) 

Can't effectively shame people or espouse empathy when you have little yourself as your not a trusted source that can be taken seriously :p

Rab said:
Moren said:

Can't effectively shame people or espouse empathy when you have little yourself as your not a trusted source that can be taken seriously :p

Regardless, vote shaming isn't nearly as despicable as people discouraging others from voting when those same people have no stakes on the election themselves.

Moren said:
Rab said:

Regardless, vote shaming isn't nearly as despicable as people discouraging others from voting when those same people have no stakes on the election themselves.

Some reasonably choose not to vote as they have little faith in the current pick and can't bring themselves to vote, the establishment Dems have shamed people to vote for them for decades, the Est Dems take it for granted and wont change because they expect you to vote, but people have seen little change to their lives for the better, people are done with the Est picks, and the Dems need to know the people's vote wont go automatically to them because they are the lesser of two evils

Times are a changing    

Rab said:
Moren said:

Some reasonably choose not to vote as they have little faith in the current pick and can't bring themselves to vote, the establishment Dems have shamed people to vote for them for decades, the Est Dems take it for granted and wont change because they expect you to vote, but people have seen little change to their lives for the better, people are done with the Est picks, and the Dems need to know the people's vote wont go automatically to them because they are the lesser of two evils

Times are a changing    

Moren works his ass off to secure Trumps reelection. Because this blatant vote-shaming is so disgusting, people will be pushed from leaning democrats into non-voting or 3rd-party. The best part is him explaining, that he only rails against people who wouldn't have voted dems in the first place. As if others don't see his behaviour and understand that you face toxicity, if you don't vote for the establishment candidate.

And to be clear: I said myself, that Biden took real steps to brng even progressive in his camp, but people like Moren depend on toxicity instead. If Biden loses, it is because of 'fans' like that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Rab said:

Times are a changing    

Moren works his ass off to secure Trumps reelection. Because this blatant vote-shaming is so disgusting, people will be pushed from leaning democrats into non-voting or 3rd-party. The best part is him explaining, that he only rails against people who wouldn't have voted dems in the first place. As if others don't see his behaviour and understand that you face toxicity, if you don't vote for the establishment candidate.

And to be clear: I said myself, that Biden took real steps to brng even progressive in his camp, but people like Moren depend on toxicity instead. If Biden loses, it is because of 'fans' like that.

Thanks for explaining that, I didn't know his history