By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

SpokenTruth said:

Does anybody remember this?  Bloomberg said early in his campaign that that if he isn't the nominee that he would pour his resources into supporting the nominee to defeat Trump.

So Bloomberg ends his campaign because he won't be the nominee but instead of supporting the eventual nominee....he immediately backs Biden.  Doesn't even wait to see how it plays out at the convention. 

Biden currently has just a 65 delegate lead over Sanders (a lead which will be reduced as California is still be counted) and the convention is still 4 months away.  One of the few great things Bloomberg actually had going for him, he bails on.

Him endorsing Biden does not mean he wont support Sanders if he becomes the nominee.

Around the Network

An explanation for voting patterns indifferent age groups:

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:

Leftist: Wants trump to lose in 2020.

Leftist: Does not get their primary candidate

Leftist: Constantly post negative press about the nominee

Trump wins

Lefttist: iTs ThE cEnTrIsT fAuLt

Leftist: Wants Trump to lose in 2020.

Centrists: Wants Trump to lose 2020.

Leftist: Constantly post negative Facebook posts and Tweets about centrist candidates.

Centrists: Constantly post negative MEDIA PRESS about the Leftist candidate.

Leftists: Rally behind leftist candidate.

Centrists: Gang up on leftist candidate.

Leftist: Does not get their primary candidate.

Centrists: Gets their nominee for candidate.

Leftist: Constantly post negative Facebook posts and Tweets about the nominee

Trump wins

Centrists: How could this happen even though it happened EXACTLY LIKE THIS IN 2016?

I had to make some corrections to your statement.  Most specifically about the difference in the source of negative coverage. 

Does not make sense after the nominee part because the leftist candidate lost in the 2016 primary and will probably lose again so idk how centrist voters can trash the leftist when they are no longer the candidate. In Fact many centrist Democrats embraced Bernie when he started campaigning for Clinton. WHat I said happened in 2016 and is happening again in 2018. Bernie Bros are posting negative press clips of Biden and saying he wont win. This does not help Biden, in fact it makes it harder for him to win. It helps Trump.

jason1637 said:
uran10 said:

Trump wins

Nobody actually cares about candidates. We all care about politics. Post negative about negative politics? Hell yes. If a politician feels more inclined to address with his politics the problems of his corporate clients than the problems of the voters, then it is fair and square to criticize that. Because we want better policies.

This talk you do, only helps politicians implement hateful and hurtful policies for common people, because it denies them their right to have their own opinion on political matters.

To be quite clear here: current policies are killing people. Policies from politicians of the democratic party are killing people. And I don't exxagerate with killing, look at statistics of life expectancy in the US compared to other OECD-countries. The US falls back more every year. So yeah, democratic politicians are killing people. Especially poor people, working calls people, minority people. And you say: but the Republicans are worse. Sure, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't attack shitty policies.

What you're saying here is basically: Let's get eaten by the small shark. Everyone who fights the small shark only gets the big shark instead!

What progressives want is fleeing all sharks, democratic and republican sharks alike. I don't like it that this stance is again and again misrepresented, smeared and vilified.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:

Him endorsing Biden does not mean he wont support Sanders if he becomes the nominee.

Seriously?  Do you understand the difference between waiting for the actual nominee in July to fight Trump and endorsing Biden now to fight Sanders?

Yeah he's endorsing who he wants to win but that does not mean that we wont support Sanders if he ends up getting the nomination.

During one of the debates the candidates said they would support the eventual nominee but we have had Beto, Pete, and Amy endorse Biden. That does not mena thye wont support Sander is he wins. People can both endorse who they want but support the eventual nominee if its not who they had hoped for.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:

Trump wins

Leftist: Wants Trump to lose in 2020.

Centrists: Wants Trump to lose 2020.

Leftist: Constantly post negative Facebook posts and Tweets about centrist candidates.

Leftists: Rally behind leftist candidate.

Centrists: Gang up on leftist candidate.

Leftist: Does not get their primary candidate.

Centrists: Gets their nominee for candidate.

Leftist: Constantly post negative Facebook posts and Tweets about the nominee

Trump wins

Centrists: How could this happen even though it happened EXACTLY LIKE THIS IN 2016?

I had to make some corrections to your statement.  Most specifically about the difference in the source of negative coverage. 

If this is such an issue for the leftists, then why doesn't it translate into them actually getting off of their asses and closing their Twitter apps to get out and vote for what is supposedly so important to them? Bernie's supposed theory that more voter turnout would swing toward him has been a complete bust so far. Couple that with races like Virginia where record turnout actually aided Biden more than anyone else. You can't cry foul if you don't even make an effort.

I also really don't wanna hear about this negative coverage nonsense. The mainstream media is 'supposedly' irrelevant in the face of these new alternative media news sources and yet also simultaneously clandestine cabals of disinformation that control everyone. Do supposed progressives think everyone other them are so dumb that they can't form their own opinions or read the text on a screen when a color is changed and a word is moved? Supposedly not, because that was the rhetoric in the aftermath of 2016, that people didn't fall for it. Here we are again though, with everyone who isn't 100% in for Bernie being treated as some uninformed sheep that's been corralled by the mainstream media. Talk about talking down to voters.

SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:

Does not make sense after the nominee part because the leftist candidate lost in the 2016 primary and will probably lose again so idk how centrist voters can trash the leftist when they are no longer the candidate. In Fact many centrist Democrats embraced Bernie when he started campaigning for Clinton. WHat I said happened in 2016 and is happening again in 2018. Bernie Bros are posting negative press clips of Biden and saying he wont win. This does not help Biden, in fact it makes it harder for him to win. It helps Trump.

So people are posting on Facebook and Twitter about negative MEDIA PRESS about Biden.

So the media is allowed to post negative press about Biden but people aren't allowed to share that negative press?

You missed the point I was trying to make. People can post negative press if they want but they should take some responsibility for it if Trump ends up winning. In 2016 on twitter there were tons of Bernie pages constantly posting old clips and retweeting negative articles and press about Clinton. The only thing this does is help Trump. But the same people doing this were the ones blaming centrist for electing Trump by voting Hillary in the primary and now voting Biden. A few pages ago Uran was saying its the centrist fault if Trump wins because we voted Biden but he's posted two tweets that depict Biden negatively. All this does is discourage people to vote for Biden if he's the nominee.

SpokenTruth said:
jason1637 said:

Yeah he's endorsing who he wants to win but that does not mean that we wont support Sanders if he ends up getting the nomination.

During one of the debates the candidates said they would support the eventual nominee but we have had Beto, Pete, and Amy endorse Biden. That does not mena thye wont support Sander is he wins. People can both endorse who they want but support the eventual nominee if its not who they had hoped for.

Thank you for clarifying that you don't get the difference.

Stance then: If not nominated, I will support the nominee with all my resources.

Stance now: I will support Biden before he is the nominee with all my resources.

If Sanders wins the nominee Bloomberg will support him. Same stance.

jason1637 said:

The difference is: Bernie fans are posting stuff about Biden. The negativity towards Sanders instead comes from media and politicians. I mean, scroll a bit back and you have an example from MSNBC:

And you have this all the time. Additionally remarks from politicians, quoted by name or kept anonymous smearing Sanders. The ant-Sanders hateboys aren't using facebook and Twitter, they are using MSNBC and CNN.

So it is the purest hypocriy to BLAME Bernie-fans for bad votes, if the whole party elites all the time try to destroy party unity.

I'm going to point out 1 simple thing, if you guys think that leftist posting facts about a candidate is bad, wait till Trump does it cause fun fact, if we have this information, Trump does too and more. So please, we're pointing out how weak your candidate is and why they'll lose. Trump already has all this research and he'll unleash it when the time comes. Bernie is the strongest because he doesn't have any skeletons in his closet like Biden or Hillary but hey, if you guys like sending weak lambs to the slaughter be my guest. Like I said I have a means out, while so many others don't and you're dooming them to this disastrous system.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD