By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales week 10 March 4-10 2019 (media create)

Although the Mario Odyssey sales are great and will pass 2 million sold in Japan at some point. Every Switch owner should own both Zelda and Mario! I get the massive games like Zelda aren't for everyone, but Mario should be for everyone. The game is just pure fun no matter your age or the type of games you like!

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
pikashoe said:
Why is the switch doing so well without big releases. Imagine what it'll be like when the heavy hitters start coming out this year.

Because it's basicly a portable, and Japan mostly buy portable; it's a "life style", and a different culture.   It doesn't matter Switch has no new games, they would buy it anyway.  

What surprise me is people who still get surprised about it :D

But PS4 beats the Vita.... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1105818527435350017?s=19

Someone shared this tweet about Media Create putting a stop on the weekly numbers.... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nate4Drake said:
pikashoe said:
Why is the switch doing so well without big releases. Imagine what it'll be like when the heavy hitters start coming out this year.

Because it's basicly a portable, and Japan mostly buy portable; it's a "life style", and a different culture.   It doesn't matter Switch has no new games, they would buy it anyway.  

Just like when vita sold more than ps4, right?

Nate4Drake said:
pikashoe said:

Last year Switch sold consistently 40K per week, was already a portable and with the exception of Smash and Pokemon Let's Go had basically the same library - and if you look these two games are among the ones with strong legs, but others are too, so a 50% increase attribute only to these two games seems much. Maybe the announcements really helped.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Yes jranation. End of an era

HoangNhatAnh said:
Nate4Drake said:

Just like when vita sold more than ps4, right?

A portable from Nintendo sells better than Home Consoles in Japan, regerdless of new games;  PS4 is feeding their gamers much more week by week since Jan, but Switch keep selling 3 times better with no new games = A PORTABLE from Nintendo sells better regardless of games.   I think it's cultural, and life style, and also Switch looks like a very sexy and colourful hardware to buy, like a new trend.   Sure it's not the deep and crowded game experience.  

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
pikashoe said:

Vita says Hi but seriously no one had expected Switch to increase YOY with the barren line-up in Q4 

Week NSMBU NSMBU DX
1 163,528 166,303
2 71,011 88,480
3 77,749 57,725
4 57,103 45,879
5 50,319 38,482
6 12,400 34,541
7 9,598 23,235
8 6,883 24,436
9 6,338 20,101
Total 454,929 499,542

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mnementh said:
Nate4Drake said:

Last year Switch sold consistently 40K per week, was already a portable and with the exception of Smash and Pokemon Let's Go had basically the same library - and if you look these two games are among the ones with strong legs, but others are too, so a 50% increase attribute only to these two games seems much. Maybe the announcements really helped.

Yep; the 50% increase is a lot; games is not the reason, there is nothing new to play, but the old games can be enough reason to buy a Switch, this for sure; still the peak is odd unless Switch really became a cool trend even more year after year.   I can't find another reason.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.