By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Switch turns 2 today!

Jranation said:
Nogamez said:

Im just writing down games that i have enjoyed on each console, OP asked how we felt about switch after 2 years and I answered. I listed 3rd party games which i enjoyed on Wii u. This isnt me trying to compare Switch to Wii U game library, its just I,Me,Myself, not you, had more fun and got better value for money, so far, on my Wii U than on my switch.         

I have so far only enjoyed TWO games on Switch so far. Two games that Ive actually been compelled to play compared to about 25 on my Wii U. Thats not to shit on Switch its just the way it is. Therefore I,Me,Myself, not you

,feels abit dissapointed in my Switch. Now please stop trying to de-rail OP's thread. He asked how we felt, i told him.   

Lol clam down! Someone just asked you to elaborate more on why you are dissapointed. Perhaps we can suggest some games that might suit you. 

It was more the fact he as he put it "felt the need to question the motive of my post". Well my motive was to answer the question "How do you feel about switch after 2 years?"  But anyway doesnt matter really he obviusly mis-understood or i presented the reply in a nonsensical way, so i have since tried to explain in a better way what i was trying to say.

Around the Network

We each have our criteria....

Find games that suit my criteria:

- Great games or very good one (exluding Kirby Switch which is way inferior than even the 3DS one)
- No Wii U port
- No Indie game
- Not mainly online based game (I did not subscribe)

You will find that the pool is small , but that's the traditionnal Nintendo games.

Time sure flies.

I'm super satisfied with the system, already got a new favorite Mario, Zelda and Kirby, my top 3 Nintendo IPs are well covered there, can't ask for anything else from them, a new game is a beautiful bonus at this point.

Also Smash Bros., pretty special game with the spirits mode and world of light. Nice surprises like ARMS, good follow ups in Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 was really flawed but something that overall I had a good time with. Mario + Rabbids was another great surprise.

First party and collaborations in general has been pretty good. Only real stain for me has been Fire Emblem Warriors.

Third parties have some nice offerings, loved Travis Strikes Again and I really appreciate the amount of titles that Tecmo is pumping out for it, specially Gust with Atelier, we are getting 6 of them in less than 3 years, plus Nights of Azure 2. And the indies have been excellent, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, The Missing, Celeste, The Messenger, Iconoclasts, Undertale, Deltarune, etc. They are good reminders, besides Nintendo games, of what I love about videogames.

My collection includes BOTW, SMO, Smash, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 (I hate most RPGs but I am loving it for some reason), Doom, MK8D, NSMBUD, Let's Go Pikachu (actually probably my least favorite in the collection), Sonic Mania, Tetris 99 (cocaine levels of addicting), DKC TF, Crash, Arms, Fortnite, Mario Tennis, Captain Toad, Super Mario Party, and My Hero One's Justice.

I plan on buying damn near every Nintendo exclusive as well as Astral Chain (easily my most hype game of 2019 currently). All I want now is my goddamn Pikmin 4.

Kinda been disappointing TBH, most of the major releases either fell flat or I was over them after a couple weeks. It's still the best "new" console I've ever experienced in a duration of two years, not that that's saying much though.

Happy for people that are over-the-top in-love with it, though.

Around the Network

Why do people refuse to get a game if it's a WiiU port?

Nogamez said:
Jranation said:

Lol clam down! Someone just asked you to elaborate more on why you are dissapointed. Perhaps we can suggest some games that might suit you. 

It was more the fact he as he put it "felt the need to question the motive of my post". Well my motive was to answer the question "How do you feel about switch after 2 years?"  But anyway doesnt matter really he obviusly mis-understood or i presented the reply in a nonsensical way, so i have since tried to explain in a better way what i was trying to say.

I think I understand, no hard feelings.  I love my PS4 for example, but the first two years of it was pretty bad considering I also had a PS3 so I can releate.  Much like the Switch is turning out to be, it has become one hell of a console though.

Lucas-Rio said:
We each have our criteria....

Find games that suit my criteria:

- Great games or very good one (exluding Kirby Switch which is way inferior than even the 3DS one)
- No Wii U port
- No Indie game
- Not mainly online based game (I did not subscribe)

You will find that the pool is small , but that's the traditionnal Nintendo games.

Breath of the Wild was a day and date cross gen release

Mario Odyssey

Fire Emblem Warriors (one of the best games of this style mechanic wise)

Octopath Traveler

Smash

Pokemon Lets Go

Mario Plus Rabbids

Xenoblade 2

Xenoblade 2 Torna

Super Mario Party

More than any of the other current gen consoles had to offer by way of exclusives based on your criteria in two years.  And as for good/great current gen multiplats...

Ys VIII

Valkeria Chronicles 4

DOOM

Wolfenstein 2

South Park Fractured But Whole

Disgaea 5

NBA 2k18

NBA 2k19

Starlink

Dragonball FighterZ

Dragonball Xenoverse 2

Crash N Sane

Mega Man 11

Attack on Titan

Sonic Mania

And Various JRPGs

So even by only going by your criteria, the Switch has a solid library so far just off of the top of my head.  I took the liberty of excluding last gen ports on other systems as well, or this list could have easily doubled.  If you applied the same rules to the PS4 and X1, the list would be much smaller than what you see here so I would say that is pretty good.  But this is not about them I only listed these to help you out based on your criteria.  Take away your limitations, and what you are left with is one fantastic library for only 2 years on the market.  There is a lot to play on Switch, albiet the only real disappointment being the lack of high graphical 3rd party multiplats like Red Dead or Battlefield V.

Last edited by Shiken - on 03 March 2019

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

S.Peelman said:

Who are these mysterious "people" you refer too? I believe Mk8D is at 10mill, BotW ( same day release i know but still a port, just not a late port) 10 mill, bayonetta 1.5 mill, rayman and lego city a few hundred k, NSMBU probs around 2 million. They are selling far, far better than their Wii U versions.

If you mean abit of negativity on here it probably because we all owned a Wii u so there abit pointless really for us

S.Peelman said:

Because they have played them on Wii U  and can turn it on if they want to replay it instead of paying 60$ again?

S.Peelman said:

I can understand it, if they already played it, they already played it. Although I did hear it from people (in real life, not this forum) who never owned a WiiU.

But outright excluding Indie games only because they are indie seems strange and self-restricting. Among my most beloved games are indie-games. Because simply there exist great indies as there are existing great AAA-games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]