By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm 3 Collosi in and hating Shadow of the Colossus - should I persist?

If you haven't enjoyed the game so far - you can stop playing. The game doesn't change.

All games by Ueda (ICO, The Last Guardian and Shadow of the Colossus) have bad controls and a boring environment/story for many people. If you are not able to feel and enjoy the atmosphere as well as having empathy for the colossi you are killing, it's simply not a game for you. Just play Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassins Creed and all the other AAA stuff. Maybe watch the ending of SOTC on YouTube. It's one of the best endings in video game history. But I don't believe it will have any impact on you.

I am really sick and tired of people who can not understand the Ueda games. Especially The Last Guardian.

Around the Network

It wouldn't represent modern Sony but Sony from the ps2 era. The ps4 Sony games like god of war, horizon, uncharted lost Legacy and spidey are a different league. If you're going to play the above leave GOW till last.

If you dont mind pissing away time, sure!

I beat it on PS3 because the game is kinda interesting but its a slog.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I am back !! 😂. Most of the game is about killing collosus , however there are secrets to be found. There secrets that increases your stamina and health. There are also secret area to be found. If i am not mistaken its part of a trophy in the remake. Having to figure out how to get on them , is what makes the game good. Thats because every collosus is different ans how to gwt on top of them is also different.

redacted. and how!

Last edited by COKTOE - on 03 March 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Spidey is probably one of the reasons why the game is feeling like a slow and sluggish and the controls feel more horrendous that what they are.

I tried to get back into AC:Origins after spidey and just couldn't, and AC:C has decent controls.

SotC is like an old classic movie like Labyrinth or Dark Crystal. There is a lot of wonder and mystery. There are no big explosions and it is not the best of dialogue, acting, and can be considered outdated in so many ways, but it's considered what it is due to what it nails, it does so perfectly and there isn't anything like it or there.

As mentioned, each boss is like a puzzle and getting to each boss is like a puzzle in itself. The level design of getting there and getting to the weak spots on bosses is what sets this apart from anything else.

Then you have the subtle story telling, that tells a really meaning full story, the music and the hidden collectibles.

The controls aren't the best, but they are far from being horribly bad, but coming straight off spidey they will feel like you're walking bare foot through glass.

As Pervy Sensei said, there are only 16 colossi. If you can, try stick it out as quite a few of them are frigging amazing.

It was one of my first console games, coming from keyboard and mouse I was fighting the camera more than the colossi until gave up and watched a let's play, but I did end up playing through it myself.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

If you do not enjoy your time with it you should just stop playing,doesnt matter if a lot of others enjoyed it.

wow .. well don't play it anymore if you are 3 colossi in and freaking nothing hooked you yet.

You don't understand what the game is about, you basically complained about what people loved it for. Guess the game isn't for you.