By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many languages do you speak?

How many languages do you speak?

1 14 17.07%

2 38 46.34%

3-4 25 30.49%

5-6 5 6.10%

7+ 0 0%

Total:82

How many languages can you speak somewhat fluently or can have a decent conversation in?

I guess for me it's just English, but I am trying to re-learn German (I took it for three years in High School). After I learn German I would like to also learn Japanese, and then maybe Hawaiian and Swahili just for fun.

How about you guys?

Around the Network

Only Danish & English.

My german is "decent" enough for me to understand alot of it, but I wouldnt say I can speak it fluently.
LIkewise, because of the simularities between danish, norwegian, swedish, I can understand alot of that too (but not speak it).

Fluent in English and Norwegian. Used to know German but i have forgotten most of it. I can understand Swedish and to a certain extent Danish, but i don't speak them. Always wanted to learn Japanese

Portuguese and English.

I know a bit of Spanish, since it's very similar to Portuguese. I'm not fluent at it, though.

Portuguese and English.

Around the Network

Fluent in Dutch and more or less in English.

I understand German and French fairly well, but I can't really have a fluent conversation in either.

Last edited by Flilix - on 01 March 2019

I speak Japanese and English fluently, as well as having very very rudimentary Hindi skills (I can read Devanagari, but don't understand what I'm reading 99% of the time; only took it for a semester at uni)

I'm really only fluent in English. I took years of Spanish in high school and college, but it just didn't stick. I never really used it, so I didn't retain it.

I speak Italian, English and French, understand almost anything in Spanish but can't speak it :p (Latin languases allow you to do that) and I understand a little of German but just basic stuff

Luke888 said:
I speak Italian, English and French, understand almost anything in Spanish but can't speak it :p (Latin languases allow you to do that) and I understand a little of German but just basic stuff

happens the same to me with Italian, my gf is a native french speaker and she says that with spanish and french you have very good access to understanding everything in italian 

I speak fluent Spanish and English, I can understand written french and portuguese too