By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many languages do you speak?

How many languages do you speak?

1 14 17.07%

2 38 46.34%

3-4 25 30.49%

5-6 5 6.10%

7+ 0 0%

Total:82

i speak Portuguese and English. I can understand Spanish and French but i cannot speak them.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

I can speak, read and write three languages fluently, Norwegian, Swedish and English. I can read and understand German quite well, I understand some Spanish and can read it on a basic level, I can read some Dutch and I can read and understand Danish really well. But, as for speaking, I guess I'd say three, which is not that many, but I do speak all three at a native level.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I'm really only fluent in English. I took years of Spanish in high school and college, but it just didn't stick. I never really used it, so I didn't retain it.

Same. Took four years of Spanish in total but I most certainly don't speak the language. I can put together many phrases, but understanding someone else who is speaking the language to me is a whole 'nother story.

My native Latvian, English, Russian.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Wakanda FOREVER!!

Uvuyo ngoMvulo, iGamers.

Nceda uhambe ukhangele uCaptain Marvel kwiimidlalo zemafilimu kule veki.

Last edited by Mospeada21CA - on 04 March 2019

Around the Network

Spanish
English
Currently learning Japanese

Bilingual in English & Mandarin (as well as 2 dialects with an ok degree of mutual intelligibility with mandarin)
Fluent in French (this is actually my daily language)

Russian (native) and English (professional).
I also know just a couple of Lithuanian words and phrases (since I live in Vilnius) and I have a love-hate relationship with German. I try to lean it every now and then but then I don't have enough time again and abandon the idea for a while.

I talk portuguese and english, can understand and somewhat communicate in Spanish and Italian. Tried to learn Japanese for 4 years but not that good at it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

English and Arabic :D Surprised to not have seen another Arab comment yet
Fairly proficient in pig latin also