By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Subspace Emissary or World of Light?

Tagged games:

Do you prefer Subspace Emissary or World of Light?

Supspace Emissary 31 58.49%

World of Light 22 41.51%

Total:53
CaptainExplosion said:
RingoGaSuki said:
Definitely subspace. It felt more like a journey together, whereas WoL was just endless fights. I just wish Nintendo would go the KH route and make a big RPG with all of its franchises included.

Including the overly convoluted story and shitty underwater music level? :P

Oh now i want Kingdom Hearts with Nintendo characters more than I realised. But I want Nomura to go all out, make regular Kingdom Hearts seem straightforward by comparison. The underwater music level can feature the Zora band from Majora's Mask.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Landale_Star said:

Oh now i want Kingdom Hearts with Nintendo characters more than I realised. But I want Nomura to go all out, make regular Kingdom Hearts seem straightforward by comparison. The underwater music level can feature the Zora band from Majora's Mask.

How about we don't have an underwater music level period? We already saw how horrible that worked out in Kingdom Hearts II.

I don't remember hating it, it was just a silly mini game and it was over pretty quickly, maybe I should play KH2 again. It could work, I love Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, so I'm open to music mini games, they could do something similar but with Nintendo music I guess. 

I'm actually serious about this, I think I'd enjoy it.

You know, The Subspace Emissary was the main reason I was excited to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And I loved it.

I don't feel the same for World of Light, though...

World of Light was much better: snappier, more variety, and without the bad platformer elements. But it definitely overstayed its welcome.

Did WoL like once and never went back.

Around the Network

World of Light has a Mythra spirit appear during the final battle.

Subspace Emissary does not have a Mythra spirit appear during the final battle, or any battle to be honest.

Easy choice.

In seriousness, depends what you want out of it. Subspace had better cutscenes (as fanfictiony as they were) but the gameplay sections felt pretty lackluster, like I was just walking around half the time. World of Light had tedious sections too, but the overworld maps were really well done, had hundreds of Nintendo homages in the Spirit choices, and overall felt like more of a satisfying challenge to complete. So I'd say I prefer World of Light personally, even without taking best Blade into account.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
World of Light has a Mythra spirit appear during the final battle.

Subspace Emissary does not have a Mythra spirit appear during the final battle, or any battle to be honest.

Easy choice.

In seriousness, depends what you want out of it. Subspace had better cutscenes (as fanfictiony as they were) but the gameplay sections felt pretty lackluster, like I was just walking around half the time. World of Light had tedious sections too, but the overworld maps were really well done, had hundreds of Nintendo homages in the Spirit choices, and overall felt like more of a satisfying challenge to complete. So I'd say I prefer World of Light personally, even without taking best Blade into account.

One game has Sagi and Milliarde spirits, the other does not.

For me personally, SSE was much more fun than WoL.

WoL was way to many battles that felt samey. I've finished it once (98,x % completion >.<) and will probably not touch it again and can't even be arsed to go back in to find the thing I missed for a 100 % completion. WoL had things that are cool like spirits and the RPG-like skill enchancements but in the end it became to many battles that felt samey. At one point I said fuck this and just started to play as giant Bowser, using mainly side smash, just to finish WoL fast because I got bored but wanted to finish it.

As a singleplayer mode I prefer Classic mode to WoL in Ultimate.

Tied for me.

I loved Subspace mainly for the cutscenes/character interactions. I loved World of Light for the unique fights and overworld.

1doesnotsimply