By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking for a gaming laptop

I prefer gaming on a desktop (on my notebook I have a lot of entertaining lightweight games), but €1200 for a laptop with RTX2060 (taxes and shipping within Germany included) doesn't sound too bad:

Models with the more energy efficient GTX 1660 Ti will probably even be cheaper... perhaps wait for them.

Around the Network

I got the blessing from the wife (couldn't stand me cursing at my current one for over a year now lol), reserved it in store. So if it looks good, I'll have it in the afternoon :)

SvennoJ said:
I got the blessing from the wife (couldn't stand me cursing at my current one for over a year now lol), reserved it in store. So if it looks good, I'll have it in the afternoon :)

Awesome man, there's nothing like new PC hardware, especially when you have one now that has some damaged keys and stuff on it, you won't know yourself using the new little beast!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I nabbed my gal an Omen X gaming laptop, that sports 1080p 144hz with a M1070 in it and it's been working dandy for her gaming needs. Was around £1500 for me though, but I managed to get nearly £100 via an online coupon at the time.

As far as I can see Omen/Acer are pretty good for laptops. Origin can be as well, but I'd still stay the fuck away from Alienware.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ganoncrotch said:
SvennoJ said:

Awesome man, there's nothing like new PC hardware, especially when you have one now that has some damaged keys and stuff on it, you won't know yourself using the new little beast!

Got it before the storm gets too bad. Lunch then the fun stuff, trying to get around windows 10. I'm still on 8.1

I also picked up a laserjet for CAD 120, just black and white as the color versions are over CAD 450, and color ink is another CAD 400 on top, crazy. Black ink alone  is already CAD 100, but it lasts twice as long as the color cartridges. Ink is as much as the printer, crazy. I have a color inkjet now, however since it's not used for long periods in between the black clogged up and now it's useless. Can't be fixed and it's a common risk with inkjet printers. It can still print color, just have to make sure to replace all black with dark blue first before printing :/ Hopefully a lasertjet can survive long periods of inactivity.

Fun afternoon ahead, just got to watch my data cap and be selective with which Steam games I install, got to spread it out.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
I nabbed my gal an Omen X gaming laptop, that sports 1080p 144hz with a M1070 in it and it's been working dandy for her gaming needs. Was around £1500 for me though, but I managed to get nearly £100 via an online coupon at the time.

As far as I can see Omen/Acer are pretty good for laptops. Origin can be as well, but I'd still stay the fuck away from Alienware.

Stay away from Dell and Toshiba as well. I'm using Toshiba atm, my wife has a Dell (although does pretty much everything on her iPhone plus nowadays) Dell used to be good 15 years ago, Nowadays i'm not impressed with them anymore.

SvennoJ said:
Chazore said:

Stay away from Dell and Toshiba as well. I'm using Toshiba atm, my wife has a Dell (although does pretty much everything on her iPhone plus nowadays) Dell used to be good 15 years ago, Nowadays i'm not impressed with them anymore.

I stopped with Dell a long, long time ago. Toshiba I've never tried in my life, not even for parts they make. They just don't come off to me as "good quality and a head of the competition" kind of company. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

SvennoJ said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Got it before the storm gets too bad. Lunch then the fun stuff, trying to get around windows 10. I'm still on 8.1

I also picked up a laserjet for CAD 120, just black and white as the color versions are over CAD 450, and color ink is another CAD 400 on top, crazy. Black ink alone  is already CAD 100, but it lasts twice as long as the color cartridges. Ink is as much as the printer, crazy. I have a color inkjet now, however since it's not used for long periods in between the black clogged up and now it's useless. Can't be fixed and it's a common risk with inkjet printers. It can still print color, just have to make sure to replace all black with dark blue first before printing :/ Hopefully a lasertjet can survive long periods of inactivity.

Fun afternoon ahead, just got to watch my data cap and be selective with which Steam games I install, got to spread it out.

Congrats!

Can't forget the laser. It's a must!

EricHiggin said:

Congrats!

Damn, I'm still cleaning up my old laptop to make the migration of the important stuff easier. Sorting through 5 years of crap! The HDD has been at 100% overload for the past hour removing shit. The uninstallers leave so much crap behind. It takes forever to delete a dozen versions of minecraft and tons of old mods, thousands and thousands of tiny files. The mess PC gaming leaves behind. Uplay, Origin, Gog, Steam, EA, Epic, the disadvantage of having a lot of disk space.

SvennoJ said:
EricHiggin said:

Congrats!

Damn, I'm still cleaning up my old laptop to make the migration of the important stuff easier. Sorting through 5 years of crap! The HDD has been at 100% overload for the past hour removing shit. The uninstallers leave so much crap behind. It takes forever to delete a dozen versions of minecraft and tons of old mods, thousands and thousands of tiny files. The mess PC gaming leaves behind. Uplay, Origin, Gog, Steam, EA, Epic, the disadvantage of having a lot of disk space.

The calm before the storm of the old laptop leads right into the storm before the calm of the new laptop. Swabbing the deck is never fun, but necessary. Smooth sailing ahead though Sir Drake.