By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Get your speculating caps out, Nintendo is apparently reviving a 'very dead and buried game'.

i didn't see anyone hoping it's one of the most anticipating cancelled games of all time; StarCraft Ghost. I don't know what i would do. I don't think i would've ever gotten news that good. I know elements of ghost were put into star craft II, but being able to stealth kill a hydralisk? See first hand the destruction of calling down a nuke on a protoss settlement? Man, that game was really too good to be true. So much of it is viewable on youtube now too. If it was a 1st party game, i think i'd hope it was a cancelled eternal darkness game. that trademark or something has been renewed like everytime it's about to expire. ;

Also, to the dude that said sadness. You get the award for most obscure vaporware reference. i can't help but wonder if anyone else new what you were talking about :)

Around the Network

Eternal Darkness would be a good choice for a franchise to return from the dead.

That golden eye 007 remake that got canned on Xbox because of Nintendo.

我是广州人

drbunnig said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Sadness?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness_(video_game)

Or maybe it's Grinder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grinder_(video_game)

Ah Sadness takes me back to 2006 when Wii was still Revolution. I'm not surprised that game was vaporware.

so almost 2 years later was there ever even an update on what the fuck this apparently was? shit has been dead silent ever since

Around the Network

Going on a limb here and saying The Conduit Series

Two years long time to wait for a mystery. Guess it was false claims in the end.

I can't believe this thread is just about 2 years old... I remember it being much more recent... Too bad nothing (that we know of) came of it.

1doesnotsimply

If true, we likely won’t hear about it until a few months before it launches given Nintendo’s current marketing strategy.

If false, and substantially more likely the scenario: some a-hole who wants attention, and says he is reporting on a rumour that only he has heard, but in reality is something he made up.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Given that this thread was made in Feb 2019, isn't it pretty obvious that this title was MP4? I mean, that big reveal that Retro Studios was back on the project was made right around this time, if I recall correctly.

As for my wish: I would have loved for this to have been Earthbound 64. It's a real shame because it probably would have only taken a few months of development time to finish whatever needed to be done on that title using modern technology.