By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crackdown 3 Review Thread - MC: 60 OC: 62

Tagged games:

smroadkill15 said:
I've played 12 hours so far and I can say that it's not a bad game. I don't see a reason for it to have any scores below a 6. The game I would compare Crackdown 3 to No Mans Sky. The developers over promised on certain aspects and the end result wasn't what people were hoping. In this case, the multiplayer for Crackdown 3. I already said this, but the multiplayer for Crackdown is lackluster. No Mans Sky scored roughly 7/10, which is about where I would land my score for Crackdown. On the other hand, Crackdown 3's single player is exactly what I wanted and expected. Most people who enjoy Crackdown feel this way. It's easily a better game than Crackdown 2 which scored low 70's. If someone doesn't like Crackdown, then no problem. Everyone has their own taste in games. This doesn't mean Crackdown is a bad game or trash. I keep hearing these words from people who haven't even played it, and are simply parroting what others are saying. I wouldn't put 12 hours into a game if it was bad.

No way this game deserves to be scored as well as NMS. NMS fell short of its promises at launch and rightfully got lambasted for it. But it still achieved quite a bit that had never before been attempted.

crackdown 3 didn’t promise much to begin with it looked and played like a cookie cutter last gen game and still managed to fall short. This level of laziness and incompetence doesn’t even deserve a score, critics should’ve refused to even review it. And I suspect if this weren’t a MS first party game it would’ve came and went without anyone even noticing.

Around the Network
uh-huh said:
smroadkill15 said:
I've played 12 hours so far and I can say that it's not a bad game. I don't see a reason for it to have any scores below a 6. The game I would compare Crackdown 3 to No Mans Sky. The developers over promised on certain aspects and the end result wasn't what people were hoping. In this case, the multiplayer for Crackdown 3. I already said this, but the multiplayer for Crackdown is lackluster. No Mans Sky scored roughly 7/10, which is about where I would land my score for Crackdown. On the other hand, Crackdown 3's single player is exactly what I wanted and expected. Most people who enjoy Crackdown feel this way. It's easily a better game than Crackdown 2 which scored low 70's. If someone doesn't like Crackdown, then no problem. Everyone has their own taste in games. This doesn't mean Crackdown is a bad game or trash. I keep hearing these words from people who haven't even played it, and are simply parroting what others are saying. I wouldn't put 12 hours into a game if it was bad.

No way this game deserves to be scored as well as NMS. NMS fell short of its promises at launch and rightfully got lambasted for it. But it still achieved quite a bit that had never before been attempted.

crackdown 3 didn’t promise much to begin with it looked and played like a cookie cutter last gen game and still managed to fall short. This level of laziness and incompetence doesn’t even deserve a score, critics should’ve refused to even review it. And I suspect if this weren’t a MS first party game it would’ve came and went without anyone even noticing.

But Crackdown 3 wasnt a lazy effort and I can make a massive list of current gen games that arent much different than last gen, or were feasible last gen. 8th gen for the most has just been better graphics.

If Crackdown 3 existed as is on multiple platforms I think it would have actually received more praise because the game is fine. Being a 1st party game is part of the criticism.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

uh-huh said:
smroadkill15 said:

Lol Proving my point exactly. 

DonFerrari said:
smroadkill15 said:

You must not be looking very hard because I've seen people on Youtube, N4g, and other websites trashing the game to no end. Literally click on any review of the game and you will see comments saying the game looks like trash. Majority coming from people who haven't even played the game, and were also trashing the game before it released. Crackdown 3 is a better game than the first 2 games in every way. The gameplay is tighter, weapons are more varied, more mission  types, more enemy and boss variants, more of a story than the first two, larger map to explore, more orbs to collect, more agents to unlock, better skill progress, and everything else. It's overall meta score doesn't reflect that, and certainly doesn't deserve the hate it's received. 

Edit* There is one aspect of Crackdown 1 that I think is better which is the soundtrack. Crackdown 3 soundtrack is good, but 1 is better. Being able to play music from your car in the first game was a nice feature. Crackdown 3 unfortunately doesn't have that. 

I thought you were talking about here. Because I haven't gone to all these places to see how much the game is being trashed... and since it is on so many places, it leads to believe it isn't just critics conspiring to say the game is bad.

You don't need to play something to not like it, you can see gameplay and read the reviews glaring points to base the opinion that the game isn't good. Even more you can't even be sure if people that are criticizing haven't played just because you don't like what they say.

Considering Vgchartz is good at eliminating trolling and fanboy stuff, we don't really see it. Other places that are terrible at policing like N4g and Youtube, it's everywhere. Look at the Userscores for metacritic with a 4.4. Of course this isn't just a Crackdown issue. It's all over the place with certain games. 

Well it certainly helps their credibility if they has played the game before praising it or hating it. I'm not going to take someone's opinion of a game that they haven't even played. It's easy to tell from the people who actually played the game and those who don't by what they say. 

Pemalite said:
There has been a few personal "jabs" towards various individuals.
Please respect each other and each others opinions, debate away, just be civil about it.

World would be boring if we all liked the same things.

I can guaranty that there is one thing we all like.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

DonFerrari said: 

You don't need to play something to not like it, you can see gameplay and read the reviews glaring points to base the opinion that the game isn't good. Even more you can't even be sure if people that are criticizing haven't played just because you don't like what they say.

Agreed, but you made a lot assumptions in this thread that were inaccurate.

That's why I told you to watch the Digital Foundry video, to clear up some of that.

Assumptions? I have gone from what was written on the reviews here. The one assumption you may claim I made was a counter on yours this game being the most polished UE4 implementation and the like.

And since you agreed the MP is garbage, a 7 game filled with garbage MP doesn't seem inapropriate to have a 6 Meta. If they got rid of MP they could have risen to 7 Meta. MS fault for imposing it and not making sure quality match. No reason to cry wolf on the critics for considering a big portion of the game on the score.

uh-huh said:
smroadkill15 said:

Exclusives will generally generate more attention for the good and for the bad. So yes there would be less discussion but possibly the score could be higher.

smroadkill15 said:
DonFerrari said:

I thought you were talking about here. Because I haven't gone to all these places to see how much the game is being trashed... and since it is on so many places, it leads to believe it isn't just critics conspiring to say the game is bad.

Considering Vgchartz is good at eliminating trolling and fanboy stuff, we don't really see it. Other places that are terrible at policing like N4g and Youtube, it's everywhere. Look at the Userscores for metacritic with a 4.4. Of course this isn't just a Crackdown issue. It's all over the place with certain games. 

Well it certainly helps their credibility if they has played the game before praising it or hating it. I'm not going to take someone's opinion of a game that they haven't even played. It's easy to tell from the people who actually played the game and those who don't by what they say. 

I don't really care about outside of VGC for this type of discussion. GoW, BotW and several other great games were called trash on these type of places.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Agreed, but you made a lot assumptions in this thread that were inaccurate.

That's why I told you to watch the Digital Foundry video, to clear up some of that.

Assumptions? I have gone from what was written on the reviews here. The one assumption you may claim I made was a counter on yours this game being the most polished UE4 implementation and the like.

And since you agreed the MP is garbage, a 7 game filled with garbage MP doesn't seem inapropriate to have a 6 Meta. If they got rid of MP they could have risen to 7 Meta. MS fault for imposing it and not making sure quality match. No reason to cry wolf on the critics for considering a big portion of the game on the score.

You said the game wasn't polished in general, that's why I said watch the Digital Foundry video. But we already had this discussion.

Again, I don't agree with the concept of dinging a score because something that's really just extra content sucks. That means a game lacking that content entirely should be dinged as well. We are just going in circles so please don't reply unless you really have something to add.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Pretending to be shocked at those scores.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

You said the game wasn't polished in general, that's why I said watch the Digital Foundry video. But we already had this discussion.

Again, I don't agree with the concept of dinging a score because something that's really just extra content sucks. That means a game lacking that content entirely should be dinged as well. We are just going in circles so please don't reply unless you really have something to add.

DLCs are extra, content that is part of the regular game can't be called extra just to avoid saying it drags the package down. Any chain is just as strong as it's weakest link.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Yeah everything about this game looks average at best for that pricerange and for all the E3 covering it got each year.